LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NappyKorn
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:00 am
Shadow (35)
1x *Dead Marshes (5R95)
2x *Flames Within (10C85)
4x Orc Banner (1R263)
3x Some Secret Art of Flame (7C313)
2x Teeth of Mordor (5U110)
3x *Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally Threatening (15R185)
3x Mordor Assassin (7R284)
4x Mordor Warrior (7U293)
4x Orc Chaser (7C298)
3x Orc Pursuer (7C303)
4x Orc Stalker (7U307)
2x *Grond, Hammer of the Underworld (8R103)

The idea of this deck is to get a few threats with Lemenya, then possible Overwhelm a companion to get a minion on the Ring-bearer. Early on the goal is to get Some Secret Art of Flame out then play some cheap (no spotting requirement) Sauron condition during the regroup phase to get initiative. Once you have that more minion get rather powerful. Orc Chaser is a 12 with initiative, Orc Pursuer 10, and Orc Stalker 16. If you happen to have a Flames within out they are each strength +2. With you Orc Banners on the table they are strength +1 for each copy out each time an Sauron orc wins a skirmish. Grond helps discard anything that could help pump the companion (except other companions and events). If the initiative minion fall short you can always go to your Mordor Wariior. Say you have 3 Sauron orcs out you can discard a card from hand to make a companion he is skirmishing strength -1 for each [sauron orc you can spot. Dis card the cards from hand and am Aragorn, Thorongil with Anduril is strength 0. Of course he doesn’t have to be a 0 to overwhelm but making any Aragorn or companion strength 0 is fun Thumbs Up Dead Marshes is here to play and get iniative and when out can possible get a few discarded conditions back. Teeth of Mordor is just added to get some minions stacked for playing later if you need too. Let me know what you think and if there is anything I should change.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:58 am
Id drop the dead marshes and add a fires raged unchecked. And id definately add some mordor guards for easier threats.

Other than that sounds a nice idea. Cant think of much else to add, theres enduring evil and the guy who adds burdens if you overwhelm someone but thats padding out the deck a bit too much.

Cool.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
micah247
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:25 am
Depending on how your free peoples cyclyes I would add Morannon as it would let you quickly cycle your hand and is 0 cost no spot condition.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:16 pm
Seems like you’ve got an unnecessary number of different elements in that deck ranging from initiative to threats. Go one way or the other, but both can be tough to pull off the combos in the right order. If you go for threats, go for those guys that double their strength by removing threats like Mordor Trooper and Mordor Veteran, and Mordor Guard wouldn’t hurt, though he can be very very annoying, and also Fires Raged Unchecked. If you go for initiative, then some Besieging Pike wouldn’t go amiss.

Orc Officer is an awesome must in this kind of deck. Think of it this way: 3 out when you overwhelm 1 guy wins most games Twisted Evil Also, Enduring Evil is so the way to go!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Dravius
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:39 pm
I’d replace some secret art of flame for tower of barad-dhur x4. It will give you initiative as easily, while srewing his skirmish events, which will grant you even more overwhelming power.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded