LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:10 pm
menace64 wrote:
That explains why I pulled 17 foils in my last Shadows box.

Thanks!

Laughing now you have several illegal foils in your possession.

TheBlueWizard: Welcome to the forums, BTW.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:04 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I got 30 ROTK boosters out of a box, got something like 6-8 foils. pretty decent, but especially so considering 1 of them had double foils, and one of the doubles was Anduril FOTW...

I’ve had several two and even three foil packs. My double and triple foil packs have always been from Return of the King (must be something about the properties of the foils or card stock that makes them stick together). My best triple foil pack had Such A Weight to Carry as one of the foils. I was happy, to say the least.

TBW
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:05 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
TheBlueWizard: Welcome to the forums, BTW.

Thanks...its good to be back in the game....
man_flesh
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:17 pm
Ok, so I have a strange box story. Mine has a happy ending though. I bought a box of Fellowship once and it contained no uncommons. In place of the uncommons there were rares! Four rares in each pack! True story. I was doing the happy dance that day. Very Happy
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:27 am
man_flesh wrote:
Ok, so I have a strange box story. Mine has a happy ending though. I bought a box of Fellowship once and it contained no uncommons. In place of the uncommons there were rares! Four rares in each pack! True story. I was doing the happy dance that day. Very Happy

I’ve heard of that happening before with Star Trek. I don’t remember the set though. I’ve not heard of it happening with Rings before. It would make for a great box.

TBW
gil-estel
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:13 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
man_flesh wrote:

........hmmrgghhmmm....must...fight...the ...jealousy....
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:53 am
Honestly, a box like that would have made me mad. I’ve always been a collector, and missing out on so many uncommons would have been a source of much frustration. I would have had to trade online a lot more with my excess rares... most of which I’d have been stuck with (there were more good uncommons than good rares in FotR, as far as I’m concerned).

If I had opened that box on the wrong day, I might have given the game up completely. That’s how much I would have hated it. lol.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
gil-estel
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
menace64 wrote:
Honestly, a box like that would have made me mad. I’ve always been a collector, and missing out on so many uncommons would have been a source of much frustration. I would have had to trade online a lot more with my excess rares... most of which I’d have been stuck with (there were more good uncommons than good rares in FotR, as far as I’m concerned).

If I had opened that box on the wrong day, I might have given the game up completely. That’s how much I would have hated it. lol.

In what way does this comment correspond to your avatar? Laughing
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
man_flesh
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:50 am
menace64 wrote:

I collect also. This was not my first box of fellowship and I already had a good supply of the uncommons. So I was not upset by the extra multiple copies of Goblin Armory, PATHS, and Servant of the Secret Fire. Dancing Dancing
NBarden
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:57 pm
SotSF = Overrated.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion