LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
gil-estel
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:48 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
NBarden wrote:
SotSF = Overrated.

yeah right.....make any minion skirmishing any companion strenght -3 overrated? Given all the OP negativity from the latest sets, maybe, but other than that: awesome card!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
TheBlueWizard
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:21 pm
gil-estel wrote:
NBarden wrote:
SotSF = Overrated.

yeah right.....make any minion skirmishing any companion strenght -3 overrated? Given all the OP negativity from the latest sets, maybe, but other than that: awesome card!

SotSF is one of my favorite cards. I used to have a Gandy/Rohan build in TTT that was disgustingly good. Running 4 SotSF meant I rarely lost a skirmish.

And the foil is awesome.

TBW
man_flesh
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:48 pm
NBarden wrote:
SotSF = Overrated.

It’s still good, and back in the day it was awesome!
What is it? What do you smell?
TheJord
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:54 am
SotSF in hand of 4 cards + Erland + A Light in his Mind + The Shire Countryside + Brooding on Tomorrow = 0 strength minion, all burdens removed, all companions healed and all Shadow conditions removed
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
NBarden
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:28 am
Or the Flame of Anor, or the Guidance of the Istari, or the...

Understand?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:59 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
If you’re running a splash Gandalf, which is done a lot, SotSF is a very good card. Any minion’s strength is reduced. And reducing strength is always better than adding strength in my opinion. Flame of Anor is a good card, but needs 3 Gandalf companions, GotI is good, but only when you’re running a Gandalf Men deck.......I rest my case!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NBarden
Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:06 pm
What about that Gandy make Str +3 and nab back event?

Str + is better than Str -. Because if you’re trying to stop from being overwhelmed, a strength +3 pump is the equivalent of a strength -6. Or even more if you’re being tripled. Strength - does help overwhelming minions, though.

Its a nice card, and definitely useful, but I’m saying it’s overrated. Its not like a Goblin Armory or PATHS or anything.

TheJord wrote:
SotSF in hand of 4 cards + Erland + A Light in his Mind + The Shire Countryside + Brooding on Tomorrow = 0 strength minion, all burdens removed, all companions healed and all Shadow conditions removed

Toss Hardy Garrison into the combo.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:22 am
NBarden wrote:
SotSF = Overrated.

It’s still probably the best strength event for a multi-cultural fellowship. It’s not that great if you’re just trying to stay alive and not be overwhelmed (Hobbits, for example), but if the fellowship is strong and enjoys double-moving and killing minions then it’s a great event.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:36 am
Yup would have to agree AC, cannot possibly see where in the world youre coming from NB. Its brilliant.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:39 am
I’m very happy that I have 4 of it. Smile

I remember back in the day when it was worth a fortune... especially foil. Good times.

Oh, and while we’re talking about this, Barliman Butterbur is possibly the most under-rated ally in the game. He’s such a great way to recycle the best Gandalf events for each seperate game. Best part is that he’s free, and once he’s been exerted you can just discard a copy of him from your hand to heal him and then use him again.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion