LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 pm
9 ∙Darth Maul, Young Apprentice Black
Minion ∙ Zabrak
Strength-13
Vitality-3
Site Number-3
Fierce. Tracker.
Darth Maul is strength +1 for each Black token you can spot (limit +4).
Response: If Darth Maul wins a skirmish, remove a Black token to wound an unwounded Jedi.

0 ∙At Last We Will Have Revenge Black
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, exert 2 unique Black minions.
Each time you play a unique Black minion, you may discard 2 cards from hand to add a Black token here.
Skirmish: Remove a Black token here to make a Black minion strength +2 (limit +4).

...actually, that’s all for now. I’m sure I’ll write more later. I love doing these from time to time.
Last edited by menace64 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:24 am; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:05 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Nice! I like it.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
menace64
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:56 am
Grrr... I was trying to sleep when this card came to me:

3 ∙Obi-Wan Kenobi, Old Ben Gandalf
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-5
Vitality-3
Resistance-8
Knight. While bearing a lightsaber, Obi-Wan Kenobi is strength +3.
Alliance: If the alliance is at a sanctuary site, play a companion; his or her twilight cost is -1.

2 ∙Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber Gandalf
Artifact ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Lightsaber. Bearer must be Obi-Wan Kenobi (or a destined companion with resistance 7 or more).
During a fierce skirmish, bearer is damage +1.

And one more.

5 ∙Mace Windu, Warrior-general Gandalf
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-10
Vitality-3
Resistance-7
Knight. To play, spot 2 Gandalf knights.
Each time Mace Windu wins a skirmish, you may return an opponent’s condition to his or her hand and each minion he is skirmishing is discarded.
Assignment: Discard an artifact or possession from hand to assign a minion to skirmish Mace Windu.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:15 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
9 ∙Darth Maul, Young Apprentice Black
Minion ∙ Zabrak
Strength-13
Vitality-3
Roaming-3
Fierce. Tracker.
Darth Maul is strength +1 for each Black token you can spot (limit +4).
Response: If Darth Maul wins a skirmish, remove a Black token to wound an unwounded Jedi.

Having little else to base this on, since I don’t know how easy it would be to get Black tokens, it’s probably balanced. Love the nod to trackers. Smile

menace64 wrote:
0 ∙At Last We Will Have Revenge Black
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, exert 2 unique Black minions.
Each time you play a unique Black minion, you may discard 2 cards from hand to add a Black token here.
Skirmish: Remove a Black token here to make a Black minion strength +2 (limit +4).

Niftiness.

menace64 wrote:
Grrr... I was trying to sleep when this card came to me:

Heheh. That happens to me sometimes, actually. Trouble is I’m usually too lazy to get up and write it down, and then I forget by morning. d'oh!

menace64 wrote:
3 ∙Obi-Wan Kenobi, Old Ben Gandalf
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-5
Vitality-3
Resistance-8
Knight. While bearing a lightsaber, Obi-Wan Kenobi is strength +3.
Alliance: If the alliance is at a sanctuary site, play a companion; his or her twilight cost is -1.

I was about to say his strength was way too low, but then I saw the lightsaber bit. He’s good, though I’d limit that alliance ability to certain cultures, certain amounts, exerting Ben or someone else when you use it, or some combination thereof.

menace64 wrote:
2 ∙Obi-Wan’s Lightsaber Gandalf
Artifact ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Lightsaber. Bearer must be Obi-Wan Kenobi (or a destined companion with resistance 7 or more).
During a fierce skirmish, bearer is damage +1.

I assume destined is a keyword? Perhaps equivolent to Ring-bound, I’m guessing....

Anyway, looks fine to me. I love this when combined with the Kenobi above. Twisted Evil

menace64 wrote:
5 ∙Mace Windu, Warrior-general Gandalf
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-10
Vitality-3
Resistance-7
Knight. To play, spot 2 Gandalf knights.
Each time Mace Windu wins a skirmish, you may return an opponent’s condition to his or her hand and each minion he is skirmishing is discarded.
Assignment: Discard an artifact or possession from hand to assign a minion to skirmish Mace Windu.

Yikes! Probably balanced--barely--thanks to his cost and hefty spotting, but cripes almighty! Shocked
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
menace64
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:29 pm
Well I figure Mace needs to be a pee-omp anyways.

One more before work.

4 ∙Dengar, Disfigured Hunter Gollum
Minion ∙ Human
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Site Number-2
Bounty Hunter. Tracker.
While you can spot Punishing One, Dengar is damage +1.
Each companion bearing a bounty condition is resistance -2 while skirmishing Dengar.
Last edited by menace64 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:23 am; edited 2 times in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
definitly. mace kicks butt.

who is punishing one? nice.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:59 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
4 ∙Dengar, Disfigured Hunter Gollum
Minion ∙ Human
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Roaming-2
Bounty Hunter.
While you can spot Punishing One, Dengar is damage +1.
Each companion bearing a bounty condition is resistance -2 while skirmishing Dengar.

Just so that poor confused folks like SoP don’t stay confused, it’d probably be a good idea to put Punishing One in italics. Curious how you plan on doing ships.... Think
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
menace64
Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:59 pm
Well, Dain, I’ve learned to keep things as simple as possible when doing LotR-SW cards. But I’ll try to do something new:

0Punishing One Gollum
Starship ∙ Support Area
Scoutship. To play, spot Dengar (or 3 Bounty Hunters).
At the start of each regroup phase, you may remove 2 to stack Dengar (or your Bounty Hunter bearing a ranged weapon) here.
Shadow: If you cannot spot a minion, play a minion stacked here.

Flavor description: Punishing One is Dengar’s ship. I’m changing things up from my last attempt at LotR-SW cards in that I’m using a new cardtype: Starship. I like the idea of ships not being affected by condition-sweepers, and that opens the door to a lot more features.
Punishing One, and most likely the other Bounty Hunter ships, can transport their pilots. That will help the Gollum culture, because I foresee lots of medium- to high-cost unique minions.

I’ll do another example, and then I’ll try writing out a bounty card.

7 ∙Boba Fett, Ruthless Hunter Gollum
Minion ∙ Human
Strength-12
Vitality-3
Site Number-2
Bounty Hunter. Tracker.
For each Gollum possession Boba Fett bears, he is strength +1.
Each time Boba Fett wins a skirmish, you may discard 3 Gollum cards from hand. If you do, the Light Side player must assign him to another skirmish after all other skirmishes have resolved.

0Slave I Gollum
Starship ∙ Support Area
Scoutship. To play, spot Boba Fett or Jango Fett.
At the start of each regroup phase, you may stack Boba Fett or Jango Fett here.
Shadow: Play a minion stacked here and spot an exhausted companion to draw 2 cards.

1 Dark Bounty Gollum
Condition
Resistance -1
Bounty. To play, spot a unique Gollum minion. Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
While skirmishing a Bounty Hunter, bearer is strength -1 and resistance -1.

Just for future reference.... bounty hunters are going to wind up working a lot around resistance.
Last edited by menace64 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:23 am; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:20 am
Okay, disclaimer: I’ve had a lot of DC-creating energies building up in me for a while, so this thread is going to be mostly me just splurging cards left-and-right. Reviews are always cool, but I’m feeling too antsy to wait!

So far I’ve done cards for Dark Jedi (Black), Jedi (Gandalf), and Fringe (Gollum). Let’s go somewhere else.

3 Warrior Tactician Raider
Minion ∙ Yuuzhan Vong
Strength-7
Vitality-3
Site Number-6
When you play this minion, you may remove 1 to make each Raider minion’s site number -2 until the regroup phase.

2 Invasion Raider
Event ∙ Response
If a skirmish your Yuuzhan Vong won just resolved, discard X cards from the top of the Light Side player’s draw deck, where X is the number of wounds the losing character has.

2 Warrior’s Amphistaff Raider
Possession ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Raider minion.
When you play this possession, if bearer is not roaming, add 1.

That was interesting. Let’s introduce one more culture.

1 Imperial Stormtrooper Snow
Minion ∙ Clone
Strength-5
Vitality-2
Site Number-4
Stormtrooper. While bearing a ranged weapon, this minion is strength +1 for each other stormtrooper you can spot (limit +3).

4 ∙Tarkin, Fear-monger Snow
Minion ∙ Human
Strength-5
Vitality-3
Site Number-4
Leader.
Each time you play a stormtrooper, you may exert Tarkin to add a threat.
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a companion skirmishing a stormtrooper strength -2. The Light Side player may add a burden to prevent this.

0 ∙Imperial Doctrine Snow
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, spot an Snow leader.
At the start of each regroup phase, spot 3 Snow minions to add a threat.

Fun fun! Review... if you dare... Mr. Green
Last edited by menace64 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:
Okay, disclaimer: I’ve had a lot of DC-creating energies building up in me for a while, so this thread is going to be mostly me just splurging cards left-and-right. Reviews are always cool, but I’m feeling too antsy to wait!

So far I’ve done cards for Dark Jedi (Black), Jedi (Gandalf), and Fringe (Gollum). Let’s go somewhere else.

3 Warrior Tactician Raider
Minion ∙ Yuuzhan Vong
Strength-7
Vitality-3
Site Number-6
When you play this minion, you may remove 1 to make each Raider minion’s site number -3 until the regroup phase.
tad much...-2 maybe.

2 Invasion Raider
Event ∙ Response
If a skirmish your Yuuzhan Vong won just resolved, discard X cards from the top of the Light Side player’s draw deck, where X is the number of wounds the losing character has.
snazzy...though I think you could find a better title

3 Warrior’s Amphistaff Raider
Possession ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Raider minion.
When you play this possession, if bearer is not roaming, add 1.
...I would cut cost to 2.

That was interesting. Let’s introduce one more culture.

1 Imperial Stormtrooper Snow
Minion ∙ Clone
Strength-5
Vitality-2
Site Number-4
Stormtrooper. While bearing a ranged weapon, this minion is strength +1 for each other stormtrooper you can spot (limit +3).
nice! and you don’t post a ranged weapon...thats low menace Wink

4 ∙Tarkin, Fear-monger Snow
Minion ∙ Human
Strength-5
Vitality-3
Site Number-4
Leader.
Each time you play a stormtrooper, you may exert Tarkin to add a threat.
Skirmish: Remove a threat to make a companion skirmishing a stormtrooper strength -2. The Light Side player may add a burden to prevent this.
whats leader do again?

0 Imperial Doctrine Snow
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, spot an Snow leader.
At the start of each regroup phase, spot 4 Snow minions to add a threat.

I really think this should be unique...even with the requirements and all...4 threats are too much.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards