LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:58 pm
I’ll make all of your suggested changes, SoP (good calls). They may change a bit as I develop more of the cultures, though.

Also, leader (and stormtrooper) is unloaded. Sorry for not clarifying as such.

More new cultures.

1 Vine Snake Orc
Minion ∙ Reptile
Strength-4
Vitality-1
Site Number-2
When you play this minion, you may discard a Orc card from hand to play a Orc reptile from your draw deck.

3 Dragonsnake Orc
Minion ∙ Reptile
Strength-8
Vitality-2
Site Number-2
When you play this minion, you may exert a companion.
At the start of the regroup phase, if this minion is in your discard pile, you may discard a Orc minion to play this minion from your discard pile.

This is the Creature culture. It embodies the non-sentient lifeforms. Originally I figured it would be both Light Side and Dark Side, but I can’t really think of any way to make it ’good’. So, for now, it’s straight Dark Side.

And then another culture we couldn’t do without.

1 Strike and Fade Red
Event ∙ Skirmish
Spot a Red starfighter to make a Red pilot strength +2. If that pilot wins the skirmish, you may add 2 to return this event to your hand.

Know what culture this is yet? Need another card?

3 ∙All Wings Report In Red
Condition ∙ Support Area
Each time you play a Red starfighter, you may add a Red token here.
While you can spot 4 Red tokens here, each Red pilot gains:
"At the start of this character’s skirmish, you may remove a Red token to make him or her strength +2."

Well if that doesn’t give it away, I suggest watching the movies again. One more to make sure.

2 ∙Luke, The Son of Skywalker Red
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Attuned Resistance-10
Destined. Leader.
Each time Luke is assigned to skirmish a Black minion, add a burden.
Response: If another destined companion is about to be overwhelmed, exert Luke twice to prevent that companion from being overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled.

Yup. Red is Rebels! I figured it looks a lot like a proton torpedo, and I think I’ll save Gondor for Republic. Pretty neato, methinks.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:17 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Is Luke supposed to be something like a ring-bearer? He’s not the greatest Give him strength 7 or some sort of leadership bonus... but I think all the others are fine.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:
I’ll make all of your suggested changes, SoP (good calls). They may change a bit as I develop more of the cultures, though.

Also, leader (and stormtrooper) is unloaded. Sorry for not clarifying as such.

More new cultures.

1 Vine Snake Orc
Minion ∙ Reptile
Strength-4
Vitality-1
Site Number-2
When you play this minion, you may discard a Orc card from hand to play a Orc reptile from your draw deck.
works for me

3 Dragonsnake Orc
Minion ∙ Reptile
Strength-8
Vitality-2
Site Number-2
When you play this minion, you may exert a companion.
At the start of the regroup phase, if this minion is in your discard pile, you may discard a Orc minion to play this minion from your discard pile.
maybe and add 1?

1 Strike and Fade Red
Event ∙ Skirmish
Spot a Red starfighter to make a Red pilot strength +2. If that pilot wins the skirmish, you may add 2 to return this event to your hand.
works for me

Know what culture this is yet? Need another card?

3 ∙All Wings Report In Red
Condition ∙ Support Area
Each time you play a Red starfighter, you may add a Red token here.
While you can spot 4 Red tokens here, each Red pilot gains:
"At the start of this character’s skirmish, you may remove a Red token to make him or her strength +2."
LORE! works for me...kinda complicated though. can you not make the alt 7 sign •?

2 ∙Luke, The Son of Skywalker Red
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Attuned Resistance-10
Destined. Leader.
Each time Luke is assigned to skirmish a Black minion, add a burden.
Response: If another destined companion is about to be overwhelmed, exert Luke twice to prevent that companion from being overwhelmed unless his or her strength is tripled.

Yup. Red is Rebels! I figured it looks a lot like a proton torpedo, and I think I’ll save Gondor for Republic. Pretty neato, methinks.

so would he be 0 as the RB right? i think he’s fine.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:05 pm
lol I’m on a laptop, SoP. I can’t do the big dot like you can. Sad

I’ll start doing lore, just for you. Ha. And yes, Luke would cost 0 as the Apprentice.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:43 am
Tonight, I am going to officially introduce three new cultures - cultures I haven’t done *ever* before. This will be very interesting, I think.

First up: The Wild Space culture. Using the Dunland symbol (mostly because I can’t think of anything apt here). Wild Space encompasses the great ’unknown’ forces in the galaxy. Far beyond the Outer Rim, empires like the Chiss, the Ssi-ruuk, and such find their home in this diverse culture.

2 Chiss Attendant Dunland
Companion ∙ Chiss
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-5
Wary (While you can spot a non-Chiss companion, this companion may not participate in skirmishes).
Each time a Chiss wins a skirmish, you may draw a card.
Isolated from the galaxy-at-large, Chiss society has grown to mistrust and, at times, fear other sentient beings.

4 Ssi-ruu Foot Soldier Dunland
Minion ∙ Ssi-ruu
Strength-8
Vitality-4
Site Number-9
When you play this minion, remove [X] to make him strength +X until the end of his first skirmish.
Broad and strong, driven by a predatory rage.

And here’s the Old Republic culture, represented by the Elven symbol. The ancient opponents of the Sith and the culture below, the Old Republic works primarily through ’discard pile mechanics’, since it is a culture that has faded away over time.

3 ∙Bastila Shan, Meditator Elven
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-7
Vitality-3
Resistance-7
Destined. Knight. Leader. To play, spot an Elven companion.
At the start of each skirmish, you may exert Bastila Shan to prevent Dark Side players from playing events during that skirmish.
Bastila Shan was an adept ’battle meditation’ user. She wielded a power so great that she could control the outcome of entire battles with little more than a thought.

2 Old Republic Sergeant Elven
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-5
At the start of the regroup phase, if this companion is not exhausted, you may place 2 Elven cards at random from your discard pile on the bottom of your draw deck to heal another Elven companion.

Lastly, the Mandalorian culture, which uses the Men symbol. These guys know how to fight. They’re like the Uruk-hai of Star Wars. While the Separatist and Empire culture leans towards swarm and the Yuuzhan Vong culture specializes in a few beefy minions, Mandalorian can send wave after wave of intense beaters.

1 Strong Words Men
Event ∙ Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Men minion lose all damage resistance. That minion cannot lose strength or damage bonuses from weapons he or she bears.
"Mandalorians don’t make threats. We make promises."

Kind of funky wording, but basically... it cancels out any cancelling going on. Not only does the companion receive damage wounds as normal, but the Mandalorian gets any modifiers that might be suspended (bye-bye, Mithril-coat!). Let me know if you’ve got some better wording.

3 ∙Demagol, Neo-Crusader Scientist Men
Minion
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Site Number-3
Each time a Men minion wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Men token.
Response: If a companion dies, exert Demagol to make the Light Side player place 2 exertion tokens on his or her companions.
"I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities - yet I keep running out of Jedi."

These are just starting points. I’ll hopefully branch out from here and develop some groovy mechanics.
Last edited by menace64 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:34 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
I really enjoy the all these new cultures, specailly the Mando one, but is Bastila not considered a Jedi?
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:50 am
MR. Lurtzy wrote:
I really enjoy the all these new cultures, specailly the Mando one, but is Bastila not considered a Jedi?

The only direct gameplay difference between Jedi and non-Jedi in these cards is the Knight keyword (which is shorthand for Jedi Knight). I plan on another persona of Bastila to be in the Jedi culture. But the culture doesn’t matter much, as most Jedi-centric cards will be targeting ’Knight companion’ as opposed to ’Gandalf Knight’.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:

2 Chiss Attendant Dunland
Companion ∙ Chiss
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-5
Wary (While you can spot a non-Chiss companion, this companion may not participate in skirmishes).
Each time a Chiss wins a skirmish, you may draw a card.
Isolated from the galaxy-at-large, Chiss society has grown to mistrust and, at times, fear other sentient beings.
nice!

4 Ssi-ruu Foot Soldier Dunland
Minion ∙ Ssi-ruu
Strength-8
Vitality-4
Site Number-9
When you play this minion, remove [X] to make him strength +X until the end of his first skirmish.
Broad and strong, driven by a predatory rage.
one, I think his vitality should be cut to 3 and strength upped to nine, and I think the Ssi0ruu should definitly have something to do with healing people to give them bonuses or something like that

3 ∙Bastila Shan, Meditator Elven
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-7
Vitality-3
Resistance-7
Destined. Knight. Leader. To play, spot an Elven companion.
At the start of each skirmish, you may exert Bastila Shan. If you do, no Dark Side player may play events during that skirmish.
Bastila Shan was an adept ’battle meditation’ user. She wielded a power so great that she could control the outcome of entire battles with little more than a thought.
At the start of each skirmish, you may exert Bastila Shan. to prevent Dark Side players from playing events during that skirmish. I think is how it should be worded

2 Old Republic Sergeant Elven
Companion ∙ Human
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Resistance-5
At the start of the regroup phase, if this companion is not exhausted, you may place 2 Elven cards at random from your discard pile on the bottom of your draw deck to heal another Elven companion.
how would you choose 2 at random...what if you only had 2? seems really good...maybe take 2 cards at random from your discard pile, put one beneath your draw deck, remove the other from the game to heal? just postulating here

1 Strong Words Men
Event ∙ Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Men minion lose all damage resistance. Also, that minion gains all strength and damage bonuses from weapons he or she bears.
"Mandalorians don’t make threats. We make promises."
Ok I would word the 2nd part, this minion cannot lose strength or damage bonuses from weapons he or she bears,

3 ∙Demagol, Neo-Crusader Scientist Men
Minion
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Site Number-3
Each time a Men minion wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Men token.
Response: If a companion dies, exert Demagol to make the Light Side player place 2 exertion tokens on his or her companions.
"I have an endless supply of theories about Jedi abilities - yet I keep running out of Jedi."

coolio
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:32 pm
Thanks for the wording help, SoP. Also, why do you think the Ssi-ruuk should behave like that?

Well, here are the final two cultures to be introduced.

2 Emergency Powers Gondor
Event ∙ Maneuver
Toil 2. To play, spot a Gondor leader and choose a Dark Side player. That player reveals a minion at random from his or her hand. Make a Gondor leader strength +X until the regroup phase, where X is the revealed minion’s twilight cost.
"’The Senate is too unfocused to conduct a war. This will bring a quick end to things.’"

1 Electrostatic Detonator Gondor
Possession ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Gondor trooper. This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may discard the top card of your deck to make a Dark Side player exert 2 droid minions.
A specialized grenade used by clone commandos, it was highly effective against battle droids as it easily fried electrical components.

And to go up against the Republic:

9 ∙Grievous, Dark General Uruk-hai
Minion ∙ Cyborg
Strength-16
Vitality-4
Site Number-4
Damage +1.
Grievous may bear any number of hand weapons (and is damage +1 for each lightsaber he bears).
Grievous is strength -2 for each wound he has.
"’I’ve mastered your weapon. And combined that skill with the speed only a machine is capable of. How can any living being stand against me?’"

0 Roger, Roger Uruk-hai
Event ∙ Shadow
Return your Uruk-hai droid to hand to draw a card.
The B1 battle droid, assembled en masse by the Trade Federation, became a lethal mainstay of the Confederate strike force.

Hmm. And I suppose I’ll throw out a sneak-peak on how I’ll handle a lot of sites.

3 Tatooine
Outer Rim. Desert. When the alliance moves to this site, he or she may remove 2 Gollum cards in his or her discard pile from the game to take a Light Side card into hand from his or her draw deck.
Last edited by menace64 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:04 pm
menace64 wrote:
Thanks for the wording help, SoP. Also, why do you think the Ssi-ruuk should behave like that?

Well, here are the final two cultures to be introduced.

2 Emergency Powers Gondor
Event ∙ Maneuver
Toil 2. To play, spot a Gondor leader and choose a Dark Side player. That player reveals a minion at random from his or her hand. Make a Gondor leader strength +X until the regroup phase, where X is the revealed minion’s twilight cost.
"’The Senate is too unfocused to conduct a war. This will bring a quick end to things.’"
cool.

1 Electrostatic Detonator Gondor
Possession ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Gondor trooper. This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may discard the top card of your deck to make a Dark Side player exert 2 droid minions.
A specialized grenade used by clone commandos, it was highly effective against battle droids as it easily fried electrical components.
works for me...but can droids be exerted? or was that Turin06’s mechanic?

And to go up against the Republic:

[10] ∙Grievous, Dark General Uruk-hai
Minion ∙ Cyborg
Strength-16
Vitality-4
Site Number-4
Damage +1.
Grievous may bear any number of hand weapons (and is damage +1 for each lightsaber he bears).
Grievous is strength -2 for each wound he has.
"’I’ve mastered your weapon. And combined that skill with the speed only a machine is capable of. How can any living being stand against me?’"
cut cost to 8. maybe 9

0 Roger, Roger Uruk-hai
Event ∙ Shadow
Return your Uruk-hai droid to hand to draw a card.
The B1 battle droid, assembled en masse by the Trade Federation, became a lethal mainstay of the Confederate strike force.
uh ...sure. maybe regroup?

3 Tatooine
Outer Rim. Desert. When the alliance moves to this site, he or she may remove 2 Gollum cards in his or her discard pile from the game to take a Light Side card into hand from his or her draw deck.

fine
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards