LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Pipsqueak
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:45 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Sorry about that Phazanzar. I was swamped too, and didn’t think about it. My bad. Neutral
Long live the southern bros. Homage
ingold55
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:59 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
does that mean phazanzar will still have a chance to pm you his card or is he out perminatly?

just want to know before i cast my vote.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:03 pm
AC’s Card is just....OMG WOW!

AC definately....unless Phazanzar can beat it....
doubtful... Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:04 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
wahhh I’m losing oh well good luck to everbody else
Q. are there any prizes for getting this far?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pipsqueak
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:14 am
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Update
1. Cobra ---------- 1 vote
2. AC -------------- 1 vote

3. sickofpalantirs - 0 votes
Votes: 2

This is a tough one. All of you guys cards are good. If i have to do a tie-breaker vote, i don’t know what i’ll do.

About prizes: To the grand universal winner, i will give a mint cond. FOIL (probably R or R+). Even if Conor wins. It will expand his arsenal Wink.
I’m trying to cut down on the amount of cards that i own, so i think that for the next contest, i will give every participant a prize.
Long live the southern bros. Homage
Hazael
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:43 pm
Cobra’s is very creative, and I liked the lore with it’s game text.
But with certain Gondor decks, it would be WAY too powerful at sites 7-9 when playing against shadow sides that do not depend on burdens.
(imagine this with either of the Gondor ring-bearers)

AC’s I like. It may not be great for just any deck, but finally there would be something to work well with Gondor Wraiths. The problem is... Ithilien Blade. Ouch. Again, it’s WAY too powerful.
(imagine this with Madril, Defender of Osgiliath)

Sickofpalantir’s is just the opposite. I pity the ring-bearer that wears this one. It just seems to contradict itself... +1 vitality, but you have to exert each time to wear the ring... +1 resistance, but 2 burdens each time?

:::(AC):::
It doesn’t matter. He already won, but his was the best.
Last edited by Hazael on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:24 pm
Hazael wrote:
AC’s I like. It may not be great for just any deck, but finally there would be something to work well with Gondor Wraiths. The problem is... Ithilien Blade. Ouch. Again, it’s WAY too powerful.
(imagine this with Madril, Defender of Osgiliath)

In my defense, Ithilien Blade decks already add threats with Ranger’s Cloak. And to add threats with this Ring, you’d haev to take burdens too. Ranger’s Cloak works so much better, since it only adds threats and it gives you a bonus too. Plus, Rangers have Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow to also add threats.

Just speaking up for my card. Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:33 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
As I said before Cobra’s is to powerful.
Imagine Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms in a Gondor knight deck wearering that ring.
+3 strengh bonus to everyone. Shocked
AC’s is interesting. I like the fact that it adds a threat which I have not seen before and is an interesting idea.
I think sickofpalantir’s is the most punishing in some ways but it is sort of like the orignal The One Ring, Isildur’s Bane.
I will vote later.
Is Phazanzar allowed to enter???
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Cobra
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:25 pm
You do have to be wearing the Ring to get the strength bonus in my version -- 2 burdens instantly, plus one per wound. Bad stuff with Neekerbreeker’s Bog. And since it’s a maneuver action, you’d have to commit to wearing the Ring before skirmishes begin -- you couldn’t use it to counter an unexpected Shadow pump, for example.

But as Hazael mentioned, it would rock at the last couple sites. My new Isildur’s Bane may lose, but Gondor will always be victorious! Twisted Evil Laughing

As for the other entries, sickofpalantir’s card seems quite well-balanced, but just doesn’t inspire me. AC’s card seems like a happy medium -- essentially just the basic Ring functionality, but the 1 burden + 1 threat is a nice twist.

And, just so everyone knows...
1) Your votes won’t earn you any special favor in the eyes of the Admin.
2) If I win, my prize will be added to our promotional giveaway stash. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
ingold55
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:50 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i like them all, but i have to vote

Conor

Long Live Gondor! Cool

(and may conor’s card be made to make them stronger.) Wink
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards