LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
donimator
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:20 pm
Frodo, Hope of the Free Peoples
The One Ring, SaWtC

Adventure Deck
Fortress of Orthanc
East Road
Ettenmoors
Neekerbreeker’s Bog
Caras Galadhon
Flats of Rohan
Window on the West
North Undeep
Trollshaw Forest

Free Peoples
Faramir, Captain of Gondor (Starting)
Aragorn, Strider (Starting)
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith (Starting)
King of the Dead, Oathbreaker
Sleepless Dead x2
Dead Man of Dunharrow x2
Sam, Samwise the Brave
Hobbit Sword x2
Anduril, Flame of the West
Scroll of Isildur
Sapling of the White Tree x2
Pathfinder x2
Elessar’s Edict x2
Drawing His Eye
End of the Game x3
The More, The Merrier
Hearts Raised x2
Stronger and More Terrible x3
Swept Away x3

Shadow
Mumak Chieftain
Army of Haradrim
Southron Captain x2
Southron Bandit x3
Haradrim Marksman x2
Troop of Haradrim x2
Southron Marksmen
Desert Nomad
Desert Fighter x3
Desert Villain x2
Mumak x2
Raider Bow x3
Red Wrath x2
War Towers x3
High Vantage
Dark Tidings
Rallying Call x2

Strategy
Free peoples: Start Gondor men to get to sanctuary. Exert Denethor to draw as needed to set up wraiths (conditions or companions). Burn Denethor next site to use threat wounds to exhaust Gondor Wraiths. End of Game to pump Wraiths and get damage bonus. Stronger and More Terrible / Swept Away - remove threats / wraith wound prevention. Frodo to remove threat when needed to keep Swept Away. Sam used late game to prevent burdens. Some site path manip. with Anduril and Pathfinder. Drawing His Eye, timed right, to discard a key minion.

Note: extra companions as some Wraiths can get discarded using Elessar’s Edict. Also considered swapping something(??) for a couple Elendil’s Valor.

Shadow: Add threats and twilight during assignment/skirmish. Archery/Red Wrath at key times. Big minion + mount + Red Wrath to activate threats
sickleofvalar
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:52 pm
Very nice deck! Very Happy You may want some twilight control cards to get rid of the extra twilight thrown in for removing threats.
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:35 pm
Yeah I agree with sickleofvalar, and I think that you might have a little too much free peoples culture diversity to make the deck efficent but besides that, wraiths male exellent companions when you can get your hands on them. Great job.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
donimator
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:28 am
sickleofvalar wrote:
Very nice deck! Very Happy You may want some twilight control cards to get rid of the extra twilight thrown in for removing threats.

Hopefully most threat removal comes from Gondor wraiths winning skirmishes with Stronger and More Terrible. With multiple copies out, it can be efficient if it doesn’t get discarded. I only use Frodo’s ability if I’m tapped out for threats to avoid discarding Swept Away when I move.

Gagnut wrote:
Yeah I agree with sickleofvalar, and I think that you might have a little too much free peoples culture diversity to make the deck efficent but besides that, wraiths male exellent companions when you can get your hands on them. Great job.

I initially ran this deck all Gondor with Boromir, Bearer of Council, but corruption is rampant in my meta. I switched to Frodo, HoFP with Sam, Samwise the Brave to help with burdens. This deck plays best as a large fellowship to carry some threats, but it can also bite you if you can’t get the wraiths set up fast enough. Denethor helps, but I’m still trying to tweak it a bit to be more consistent.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
fingolfin
Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
I also have a southron deck, I think you should get war mumak as it is a killer
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
donimator
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:46 pm
fingolfin wrote:
I also have a southron deck, I think you should get war mumak as it is a killer

The reason I like Mumak instead of War Mumak is that I can play it for free with Mumak Chieftain (-2 twilight for mount). I’ll usually discard Mumak if I draw it early to play it later on Mumak Chieftain or Army of Haradrim hoping for an overwhelm or kill to activate the threat wounds I’ve (hopefully) built up.

I agree though, War Mumak is a great card if you focus on bigger Southron minions instead of threat adding.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
kalai.dragunov
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:22 pm
why no Shadow Host or Cursed of Erech? Why no At His Command? Your title is incorrect: a Gondor Wraiths deck must have real Gondor Wraiths. Overall a 2.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:17 am
King of the Dead, Oathbreaker? Sleepless Dead x2? Dead Man of Dunharrow x2?

No wraiths?

Elessar’s Edict x2 ?
End of the Game x3 ?
Stronger and More Terrible x3 ?
Swept Away x3 ?

He’s got wraiths. That’s for sure.

One idea. Cut Ettenmoors. It kills your fellowship.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard