LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:59 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
--- description ---
Okay, here’s yet another Pippin wounding deck...this time, he’s helping Madril out!
--- end description ---

Free Peoples (30 Cards)
Ringbearer and Ring
Frodo, Weary from the Journey
The One Ring, the Ring of Doom

Starting Fellowship (4)
Aragorn, Strider
Gondorian Prowler
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Madril, Defender of Osgiliath

Companions (1)
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith

Possessions (12)
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow 3x
Ithilien Blade 3x
Kingsfoil 3x
Ranger’s Cloak 3x

Conditions (9)
Hearts Raised 2x
Invigorated 3x
Stewards’ Legacy 3x
Shadowplay

Events (5)
Stand to Arms 2x
Unheeded 3x
Well-Traveled 2x

And have The Prancing Pony in your sites.

Basic strategy: use Pippin to kill early minions, and sparingly use Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. Later in the game, it keeps minions roaming with Madril. Ithilien Blade should first go on Boromir, so that he can exert for Stewards’ Legacy. Unheeded + SL exertions will kill off quite a few minions. And then Pippin goes back to your hand to kill off more! Shadowplay is there just in case you need an extra wound.
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
hawkeyespf
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:30 am
I love this decktype, I’ve been trying a lot of different stuff with it over the last few months. I see a couple problems off the bat though:

1 - Your starting fellowship is too large - 5 points. 3 for Boromir, 1 for the Prowler, Madril is free, but how do you get Pippin out as well?
2 - If this is deck wants to use Ithilien Trap, then it’s not going to be Standard.

With so few companions, do you think you have enough ways to exert for Unheeded? What if your opponent is running Ships of Great Draught? That’s a pretty big meta card right now, no matter what shadow somebody might be running.

Do you have any way of getting those Unheeded’s back? What if you run into a corruption shadow?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:27 pm
hawkeyespf wrote:
I love this decktype, I’ve been trying a lot of different stuff with it over the last few months. I see a couple problems off the bat though:

1 - Your starting fellowship is too large - 5 points. 3 for Boromir, 1 for the Prowler, Madril is free, but how do you get Pippin out as well?
2 - If this is deck wants to use Ithilien Trap, then it’s not going to be Standard.

A whoops on both of those. On the first one, I’ll switch Boromir out of the starting fellowship, take out Thorongil, and put Aragorn, Strider into the starting fellowship. Then I can still fetch Boromir with The Prancing Pony.
And on the second...dangit, I’ll have to figure out something else to put in there instead. I was hoping to combo that with a Pippin, WoBaS kill in the skirmish phase to pile up tokens.

Quote:
With so few companions, do you think you have enough ways to exert for Unheeded? What if your opponent is running Ships of Great Draught? That’s a pretty big meta card right now, no matter what shadow somebody might be running.

Do you have any way of getting those Unheeded’s back? What if you run into a corruption shadow?

Pip’s the only one exerting for Unheeded, and he automatically heals each turn because I’m returning him to my hand. As of yet, I have no Unheeded recursion...does any exist in standard?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
hawkeyespf
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:34 pm
I use either or both: Birthday Present (add a burden in the Fellowship phase) or Daddy Twofoot (add a burden at the start of the Maneuver phase).

Birthday can get you back as many as you want to add burdens, Twofoot will get you back 1. I find that its better to use both if I’m concentrating on using Shadowplay to kill off a minion or two in the shadow phase, otherwise, just Twofoot.

Of course if you want recursion, you’ll have to run one or two copies of Home and Hearth to remove the burdens when you replay Pip the next turn.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:51 pm
Announcment: Madril, Defender of Osgiliath is now xd. Join the unban Madril petition...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:55 pm
*sigh* Now I’ll have to work with the deck...and make an actual effort towards getting roaming minions. Although Soldier’s Cache works well for Pip.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard