LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
What your favorite culture of the following choices

Uruk-hai minions  
50%
  [ 4 ]  50%

Men minions  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Wraith minions  
50%
  [ 4 ]  50%

Orc minions  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:11 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
First, with Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien if I am playing a 3 player game,
and if I am skirmishing say the witch king with 3 wounds. If I exert and both my opponents have minions out, can teh opponent I choose wound the other players minions?
Also since she says that opponent must wound a minion for each wound on each minion skirmishing Eowyn, can my opponent wound say a Easterling Shield Wall with a Pavise 3 times or does he have to spread out the wounds across the minions?

My next Question is about Threats. I had the following situation happen and was wondering if i did it right.
I was playing with a Noble Leaders / Rangers deck that had Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver. I had 7 companions out when my opponent played a War Towers to add 4 threats(one for spotting a Raider minion and the other 3 because i had 7 companions.)

Then he played another War Towers but since the rules state that you cannot have more threats than companions wew both thought that he could only add 3 threats(instead of 4) since I only had 7 companions and already had 4 threats. Where we right on this? Question

Also during that turns skirmish phase I returned Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver to my hand to wound a roaming mnion twice.
i still had all my 7 threats and was unsure what i should do.
SInce piipin had not been killed I obviously did not need to take threat wounds, but i then had only 6 companions and 7 threats.
WE both decided I should just leave them, but should I have removed 1 threat to have no more threats than companions or should I have taken a threat wound??

Thanks for reading my long question.
I would appreciate a ton of replies on this topic.
Also feel free to post any questions about Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien,
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver, and threats. Laughing
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:13 pm
bobtheorc wrote:
First, with Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien if I am playing a 3 player game,
and if I am skirmishing say the witch king with 3 wounds. If I exert and both my opponents have minions out, can teh opponent I choose wound the other players minions?

Yes.
bobtheorc wrote:

Also since she says that opponent must wound a minion for each wound on each minion skirmishing Eowyn, can my opponent wound say a Easterling Shield Wall with a Pavise 3 times or does he have to spread out the wounds across the minions?

He can spread them out or use them all on the Shield Wall, or any mixture of the two. Each wound is done indiviudally, so you add 1 wound, then add another, and another for each wound "on each minion skirmishing Eowyn."
bobtheorc wrote:

My next Question is about Threats. I had the following situation happen and was wondering if i did it right.
I was playing with a Noble Leaders / Rangers deck that had Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver. I had 7 companions out when my opponent played a War Towers to add 4 threats(one for spotting a Raider minion and the other 3 because i had 7 companions.)
Then he played another War Towers but since the rules state that you cannot have more threats than companions wew both thought that he could only add 3 threats(instead of 4) since I only had 7 companions and already had 4 threats. Where we right on this? Question

Well, actually, I dont think you can, since it doesn’t ask you to spot companions, it just adds threats "for each companion over 4," you cannot use it.
bobtheorc wrote:

Also during that turns skirmish phase I returned Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver to my hand to wound a roaming mnion twice.
i still had all my 7 threats and was unsure what i should do.
SInce piipin had not been killed I obviously did not need to take threat wounds, but i then had only 6 companions and 7 threats.
WE both decided I should just leave them, but should I have removed 1 threat to have no more threats than companions or should I have taken a threat wound??

You just leave em.
Cobra
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:39 pm
bobtheorc wrote:

theOmnipotentOne wrote:

Well, actually, I dont think you can, since it doesn’t ask you to spot companions, it just adds threats "for each companion over 4," you cannot use it.

If you cannot pay a cost completely, you cannot play the card.
However, that’s not true for the card’s effects. If you cannot apply all of the card’s effects, you apply as much as you can.

War Towers reads, "Spot a Raider minion to add a threat. Add an additional threat for each companion over 4."

In this case the cost is only "Spot a Raider minion." The effects are the added threats -- if you can’t add the full amount, you’ll add what you can. So BobtheOrc played it correctly.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:45 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Thanks for the replies. Nice to know that I did it right.

Also I would like to point out that nothing is more painful then having 8 companions out and moving to Anduin Banks with 8 threats.

This has happened more than once to me and I higly reccomend that anyone who likes archers and threats for their minions get that site.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions