LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
AdultLink
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:58 pm
I was unsure of this: If using Swarthy Bree-lander or Strange-looking Men would you be able to transer a condition such as, say, Lost in the Woods or Lingering Shadow? They both say that they are transfered to a companion skirmishing a Nazgul but it seems that any companion would be an "eligible bearer". What do you guys say?
Haves/Wants
Cobra
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:37 pm
Good question.

I think the "skirmishing a Nazgul" text is only a description of how the card is transferred, not a statement about who is eligible to bear it. (If it was, then the character would become ineligible as soon as the skirmish ended, but would still be bearing the condition, and that would be rather strange...)

I would say that any character is an eligible bearer for those conditions. So, if Lost in the Woods or Lingering Shadow is already on a character, you should be able to use Swarthy Bree-lander or Strange-looking Men to transfer that condition to another character.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
AdultLink
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:10 pm
Thanks Cobra. I agree. That’s what I thought. Does anyone else disagree? Otherwise, case closed. Very Happy
Haves/Wants
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:24 pm
That’s probably how I would rule it too. It’s definitely an odd question though, since the game text doesn’t mention who the bearer must be.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AdultLink
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:08 am
Exactly. It says that it is transfered to a companion (r-bound, unbound doesn’t matter), but it doesn’t explicitly say: "Bearer must be [supply noun]. I do like the idea of transfering Lingering Shadow to Frodo with one of those dudes and then using Dark Temptation. That’s a 3 burden combo, very nice! Very Happy
Haves/Wants
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:56 am
"Eligible bearer" means you have to meet the requirements in the card’s text. Lost in the Woods only transfers to a companion during a skirmish involving a Nazgûl, so those Men cards can’t transfer LITW.
Cobra
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:34 am
Oops, should’ve checked the CRD first. Bib is right as usual. Rolling Eyes

LOTR TCG Current Rulings Document, July 2005 wrote:
If an effect can transfer a card to another “eligible bearer,” you must obey that card’s requirements on both what may bear it and when it may be transferred.

It then goes on to give almost the same example we’ve been discussing. Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
AdultLink
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:39 pm
whew! Glad that’s clear as crystal now. Thanks guys... esp. Bib!
Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions