LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
donimator
Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:26 am
I think the ruling for no ’Ringbearer Frodo’ stems from the whole premise of Alternate Ringbearers. The alternates were created to answer the ’what-if’ questions.

What if Gandalf took the ring when offered him?
What if Galadriel failed her test and accepted the ring?
What if Boromir took the ring from Frodo?
...et.al.

In using an alternate ringbearer, in the sense of the game, one is saying that Frodo has relinquished the ring either by will or force. Many of the abilities the various Frodo’s have key on his drive and obligation to destroy the ring. If he is no longer the bearer, he becomes more of a normal Hobbit, and by his own admission, one who likely never would have embarked on the journey.

The only point when Frodo has actually given up the ring is when Gollum steals it from him at the end, hence the Frodo, Frenzied Fighter version.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:40 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
AnxiousChieftain wrote:

3: You play it on your companion. The Shadow player can make a minion (his choice) fight Aragorn, but only 1 minion. Then you can use the regroup ability.

Just wondering...why only 1?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:21 am
From the Comprehensive Rule Book 4.0 Page 6 "Assignment Phase"
(Emphasis mine)

All assignments of characters are on a one-to-one basis, with the following two exceptions:
• If your assigned companion has the keyword defender +1, you may assign that character at this time to one additional unassigned minion. Defender +2 allows that companion to defend against two additional unassigned minions, and so on. A character with defender +2 (or greater) satisfies any requirement for defender +1.
• When you have informed the Shadow players that you are done making assignments, they may assign any leftover unassigned minions to any companions (even if those companions are already assigned). The first Shadow player on your right may assign any of his unassigned minions, and so on, counter-clockwise around the table.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:56 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ah, thanks! I really should start reading through that comprehensive rulebook...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions