LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Which LOTR TCG tournament format is the best?

Standard  
21%
  [ 13 ]  21%

Expanded  
36%
  [ 22 ]  36%

Open  
33%
  [ 20 ]  33%

Block  
8%
  [ 5 ]  8%

Total Votes : 60
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:20 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
sperzdechly wrote:
Uruks X-listed? Broken Isengard cards have been already X-listed (Saruman, Saruman’s Snows and The Palantir of Orthanc). I doubt if there is something else, which should join them.

But surely there should be added some Nagul card. Here is the combo (in Expanded):
You need fellowship with wounded companions. Lets say, that opponent’s fellowship has 5 companions and 3 of them are exhausted. You have 4x Gates of the Dead City in your support. You play Dark Fell About Him, heal exhausted companion and add a burden. Imediatelly he has to assign 4 exerts! Then next wound healed and next 4 exerts. You can easly count that there will be a situation, when companion healed by you will need to be exerted from Gates of the Dead City, so you could heal him endlessly (and add burden for each wound healed)...Game Over

Um, doesn’t that fall under the "infinite action" rules? That means that you can limit it to a certain amount of cycles, say, three or four.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:20 pm
And by the way...why is Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow R-listed? Is it just because he greatly reduces the twilight costs of Nazgul at Bree?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:25 pm
No, because he can assign himself to the Ring-bearer, which is especially bad against alternate Ring-bearers.
All cards do what they say.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:50 pm
I love that ability. Cool
I had to put something here.
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:41 am
Are there any LotR tournaments (Open or Standard) in Iowa?
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One thing to bring them all
And In the darkness bind them
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:43 am
Check out this thread on finding tournaments by Cobra.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:25 pm
bibfortuna25 wrote:
No, because he can assign himself to the Ring-bearer, which is especially bad against alternate Ring-bearers.

Rolling Eyes
Is that all that’s about? He’s puny! Since he’s a Wraith man, there’s no possessions for him, or strength bonuses, or anything! Strength 4...and your ARB can’t take it??
(Are you mixing up Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow and Bill Ferny, Agent of Saruman, by any chance?)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:35 pm
No he isn’t. Much like Agent of Saruman, Swarthy Sneering fellow can be the death knell for ARBs. Yes he is weak, but that means that you have to continually be facing the downside of your ARB which can take a toll pretty quickly.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:42 pm
Ahh....I see. But archery can kill him easily, with no Pavise to keep him safe.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:44 pm
True, but you must remember, he was x-ed when the only real directed archery was from Legolas Greenleaf and Aragorn’s Bow. The decks that allowed a lot of archery disappeared a while before that because they were too suceptible to corsairs.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions