LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
yerkamig
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:50 am
Why would you want to stack an orc on a Web if you can’t play that orc as if from hand in the shadow phase?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:01 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
What this nifty little card lets you do is take an Orc or Gollum minion that survives until the regroup phase (not always an easy task) and then, during the next turn, bring them out again without having to pull them out of the discard pile, where they’d be if they died or the Free Peoples player ended his turn by reconciling his hand.

"As if played from hand" simply means you have to pay the normal costs of that Orc or Gollum minion, just like if you played them from your hand.

Any clearer now?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
yerkamig
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:42 pm
But it doesn’t say play the Orc, only the Gollum minion. That’s what confused me.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:54 pm
Shelob, Eater of Light can spot the stacked Orcs to make herself really strong. That’s the only reason (as far as I know) that you’d want to stack the Orcs.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:06 pm
Oh, yeah. Silly me.

AC’s right. It’s a concept that had promise but never really seemed to go anywhere.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
yerkamig
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Could you discard an orc off of a Web for the regroup action in Troop Tower?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 pm
I don’t think so, because it’s not referring to minions stacked on conditions. You can only spot characters stacked on conditions/sites/etc. when they specifically refer to such characters.

In this case, you can only discard minions in play.

yerkamig
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:24 am
Ok. Thanks Dain and AC for all the help. Homage
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:24 am
Not a problem. I feel bad about leading you astray with the web thing...have your first GP GP as compensation. Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions