LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:59 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, being a Wheel of Time fanatic, I thought it would be cool to make LOTR DC’s inspired by the titles of the books. So here goes...kind of. I don’t have time right now to make all these DC’s, so here’s some titles.

•The Palantir of Osgiliath, Eye of Middle-Earth Gandalf

4•Aragorn, Great Hunter Gondor
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Companion-Man
Ranger. Hunter 2.
Skirmish: Spot a hunter minion skirmishing a Gondor hunter and exert Aragorn to make that minion lose hunter.

2 The King Returned Gondor
Event-Regroup
Spot Aragorn to remove a threat. Remove an additional threat for each knight you spot.

4•Rising Shadow Wraith
Event-Regroup
Spot 2 Wraith minions to add a threat for each minion you can spot.

3 Fires in the Skies Gandalf
Event-Maneuver
Spell. Exert Gandalf to wound X minions, where X is the number of minions minus the number of companions.

19•Morgoth, Ruler of Chaos Sauron
Strength: 24
Vitality: 6
Site: 7
Minion-Maia
Toil 2. Damage +2.
Assignment: Exert Morgoth twice to make the Free Peoples player assign two companions to him. (limit once per phase)

3•Theoden, King of the Sword Rohan
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Companion-Man
Valiant.
Each time you play a possession on Theoden, exert him. While you can spot X Rohan possessions, Theoden is strength +X.

Dagger-Strewn Road Men

3 The Heart of Winter Isengard
Condition-Support Area
Strength: -3
Resistance: -2
Spell. Weather.
Shadow: Exert Saruman and remove 1 to transfer this condition to an unbound companion.

1 Dark Crossroads Orc
Condition-Support Area
To play, spot 2 Orc minions.
Each time the Free Peoples player plays the fellowship’s next site, you may add 2.

2 Recalling the Light Elven
Event-Fellowship
Exert an Elf twice to play an Elven artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.

I’d love some ideas. Very Happy
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:07 am; edited 4 times in total
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:25 pm
And, I just added Theoden, King of the Sword.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:18 pm
There’s Fires in the Skies and The King Returned.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:09 am
Wow, I’m bumping this one up so far...anyway, feel free to review the ones I’ve made.

In case you’re wondering, the books of the Wheel of Time series are titled as follows:
The Eye of the World
The Great Hunt
The Dragon Reborn
The Shadow Rising
The Fires of Heaven
The Lord of Chaos
A Crown of Swords
A Path of Daggers
Winter’s Heart
Crossroads of Twilight
A Knife of Dreams
A Memory of Light

And that’s where I’m getting these card titles.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Pywils
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:43 am
Quote:
Aragorn, Great Hunter
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Companion-Man
Ranger. Hunter 2.
Skirmish: Spot a hunter minion skirmishing a hunter and exert Aragorn to make that minion lose hunter.

The King Returned
Event-Regroup
Spot Aragorn to remove a threat. Remove an additional threat for each knight you spot.

•Rising Shadow
Event-Regroup
Spot 2 minions to add a threat for each minion you can spot.

Fires in the Skies
Event-Maneuver
Spell. Exert Gandalf to wound X minions, where X is the number of minions minus the number of companions.

yes! I could really use this in the Brand, Gandalf, Obligation Bearer deck im building.

•Morgoth, Ruler of Chaos
Strength: 24
Vitality: 6
Site: 7
Minion-Maia
Toil 2. Damage +2.
Assignment: Exert Morgoth twice to make the Free Peoples player assign two companions to him. (limit once per phase)

Lets think about this. At sites 7 and lower this guy costs 21 twilight. Not even shelob could exert enough to play this guy for free, but hes cool

•Theoden, King of the Sword
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Companion-Man
Valiant.
Each time you play a possession on Theoden, exert him. While you can spot X possessions, Theoden is strength +X.

Nice, I love those rohan possesions

Dagger-Strewn Road

The Heart of Winter
Condition-Support Area
Strength: -3
Resistance: -2
Spell. Weather.
Shadow: Exert Saruman and remove to transfer this condition to an unbound companion.

BEAUTIFUL! but even at a total of 4 twilight its still really good, seeing as Saruman has lots of vitality. maybe overpowered, but i loved the weather stuff. make some more

Dark Crossroads
Condition-Support Area
To play, spot 2 minions.
Each time the Free Peoples player plays the fellowship’s next site, you may add .

Recalling the Light
Event-Fellowship
Exert an Elf twice to play an artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.

sort of expensive, two exertions and two twilights for simply a cycling fellowship event?

great cards
menace64
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:05 am
Okay, so these cards look really cool and all.

Now I’m about to go to Wikipedia and look up Wheel of Time. I’ve seen the name here and there for years, but have never found out what it is.

Feel free to bring me up to speed while I’m reading!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:58 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
what is the wheel of time? All i got from wikipedia was a Buddhist thing.never mind but what do these have to do with it? are the sub-titles inspired by the series?
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:31 am; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:14 am
Laughing You got the wrong "Wheel of Time". Search for "Robert Jordan" instead, and you’ll get the book series.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards