LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
syndrome
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:44 am
3 •Sarah Kerrigan, Elite Assassin [Terran (will be breaking up in the future maybe...]
Companion • Terran
7, 3 (no resistance)
Ranged. (Replaces Archer)
While you can spot Raynor, this companion is strength +1 and gains cloaking. (You may exert this companion to cancel a skirmish involving him/her)

Yes, I know cloaking is ridiculously powerful, but you have to bear with me.

4 Overlord [Zerg]
Minion • Zerg
0, 6, 3
Overlord may not be assigned to skirmishes.
All companions lose cloaking.

0 Larvae [Zerg]
Minion • Zerg
0, 1, 0
Larvae may not be assigned to skirmishes.
Regroup: Remove 1 to make Larvae a condition. It gains:
"Shadow: Remove 2 to play a [Zerg] minion from your discard pile, or 2 if you can spot 6 companions."

3 Hydralisk [Zerg]
Minion • Zerg
10, 2, 4
Ranged.
Skirmish: You may exert this minion to exert companion skirmishing a [Zerg] minion.

1 Zergling [Zerg]
Minion • Zerg
5, 1, 4
When you play this minion, you may play a Zergling from your draw deck or discard pile.

6 Mutalisk [Zerg]
Minion • Zerg
11, 3, 5
Fierce. Flying. (This character can only take wounds when in a skirmish involving a flying or ranged opponent)

2 Wraith [Terran]
Possession • Vessel
+1, +1
Bearer gains Flying.

I’ll be rethinking the mechanics, these were just for quick entertainment.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
menace64
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:48 am
An entertaining they were! Besides a few technical nitpicks (like using "may" in an optional ability) these were really cool.

Looking forward to more.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:46 am
Starcraft is awesome!

I like the flying ability. Cool
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:37 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Oooh, Starcraft DCs! I love it!
Cobra
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:29 pm
Cool cards!

Yes, cloaking is too powerful, and the Overlord seems like a rather poor counter... Shame on you

Zergling is pretty incredible too, but that one I like. Very Happy

Also looking forward to more...
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
syndrome
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:02 am
There will be more anti-cloak hate, or maybe an altering of it completely. I know I want it as a dynamic (fairly good), so I’m open to suggestions.

Some more quickies:

8 •Kerrigan, Queen of the Blades (Zerg)
14, 4, 5
Fierce. Dam +1.
Kerrigan is strength +1 for each [Zerg] minion you can spot.
Skirmish: Exert Kerrigan and discard a shadow condition to make her strength +3.

2 Hatchery (Zerg)
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a [Zerg] minion.
Shadow: Discard this condition to play a Larvae from your draw deck or discard pile.

1 Lair (Zerg)
Condition • Support Area
To play, discard a Hatchery.
Shadow: add 2 to play a Larvae from your draw deck or discard pile.
Response: If a [Zerg] minion is about to take a wound, you may discard this card to prevent it.

0 Hive (Zerg)
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a [Zerg] minion and discard a Lair.
Shadow: Add 1 to play a Larvae from your draw deck or discard pile.
Shadow or Regroup: Discard this card to add 4.

5 Guardian (Zerg)
Minion • Zerg
11, 4, 5
Flying. Ranged.
Ranged: Exert this minion to exert a companion. This minion does not add to the Ranged total.

I’m really tired right now. So I’m sorry if they aren’t very well thought out... I need more time in the day.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:50 pm
Here’s my idea for a refined cloaking: exert a character and add two threats to cancel a skirmish involving that character.
syndrome
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:13 pm
I’m using Carpe’s definition of cloaking. Also, Flying acts just like Hunter. All so far are considered Flying 1.

[12] •The Overmind, Zerg Deity [Zerg]
Minion • Overmind
0, 5, 6
Toil 2.
Observer. (All characters lose Cloaking.)
Shadow: Exert The Overmind twice to playa [Zerg] minion from your discard pile.
Skirmish: At the beggning of each skirmish involving The Overmind make it strength +1 for each companion, Zerg minion and threat.

7 •Tactical Nuke [Terran]
Possession • Support Area
To play, spot 3 [Terran] companions.
Toil 2.
Manuever: If you are in region 1 or 2 place your Ghost in the dead pile and discard this card to discard each minion.
Manuever: If you are in region 3, discard this condition to exhaust a minion.

3 Cloaked Assassin [Terran]
Companion • Terran
7, 3
Cloaking.
While in your starting squadron, this companion is -1.

3 Vulture [Terran]
Vehicle
8, 2
Capacity 1 (this vehicle can have 1 companion stacked on it. Vehicles are +1 and have vitality +1 for each companion stacked on it.)

When you play vehicles, you must place a companion on it. That companion does not add to the limit of 9 and all wounds are removed from it. It is treated like it is out of play (unless a card specifically targets a companion on a vehicle).
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:54 pm
What happens if the vehicle is destroyed? Is the companion killed as well? (Unless, of course, that’s prevented by another card...)

I dunno if you want to make the Confederates another culture altogether...but that’s a pretty big part of the original Terran game.
2•Under Arrest [Confederates]
Condition
Resistance: -2
Bearer may not skirmish, bear cards, or participate in archery fire. Discard this condition at the end of the turn.
Maneuver: Exert a [Confederate] officer to transfer this condition to a [Terran] ranger. Return any cards that ranger bears to his owner’s hand.

"As of right now, you’re all under arrest. I suggest you throw down your weapons and come peaceably."
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
syndrome
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:12 am
I plan on making Confederate and Korhal... just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Ok, a vehicle counts towards the limit of 9, but the cards on it don’t. When a vehicle is destroyed, it goes to the dead pile but all cards stacked on it enter the discard pile.

2 SCV [Confederate]
Companion • Terran
4, 4
Pilot. (When this companion is stacked on a vehicle, it gains an additional strength +1 and vitality +1.)
Fellowship: Exert the vehicle SCV is stacked on to draw a card. Add 1.

So they’re not quite "out of play" but they can’t be targetted by "discard a companion" but now that I think about it, I don’t plan making any of those :O. But cards like "exert a companion" cannot target those stacked on vehicles.

I think I’m going to make it [Confederate] and [Raynor] as freeps and [Korhal] as bad. And yes Duke and Raynor were a part of both Confederate and Korhal (and raynor was all 3 Very Happy)... that just means lots of different kinds of them ^_^

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards