LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:57 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Can cards that use targeted archery (exert to exert or wound a specific companion) also be used as regular non-targeted archers? Because it looks like the sentence that says "this minion does not add to the minion archery total" is only present in the archery action.

And if this is so, what’s the point of doing the action found on Ranged Commander, since it’s like "exert minion to do what he would do even if you didn’t exert him"?
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:01 pm
The point of Ranged Commander’s text is to force the wounds onto unbound companions, rather than having the Ring-bearer be a pincushion.

If you choose not to use Ranged Commander’s text, he will simply add 1 to the minion archery total, which the FP could place on the Ring-bearer.
Hazael
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:42 pm
Sometimes you can give these minions extra vitality, so if he had 3 vitality, he could exert twice.

Sometimes you can use these abilities to choose where the archery goes. Southron Bowman and Elite Archer can choose the companions that exert. Desert Lord is an example of using the ability more than once. Then, put something like Seasoned Leader on him, and you can do it 3 times.

Yes, Ranged Commander is mostly to give you the option to keep the archery wounds off of the ring-bearer and onto the important companions.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:38 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Ranged Commander and Uruk Crossbowman both have the same ability.
ANd it can be very good. I have lost a game becaese my opponent used that ability to kill my exhuasted companions which triggered threats and wiped out my fellowship.
BTW are there any vitaliy boost for Isengard Uruk-Hai? Think
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:03 pm
bobtheorc wrote:
BTW are there any vitaliy boost for Isengard Uruk-Hai? Think

None, as far as I know. The Wargs add vitality for some Isengard Orcs though.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:20 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
if you exert him he doesn’t add to the minion archery total, meaning he can’t be blocked by cards such as boromir’s shield, great shield, mithril coat.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:49 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
All right. So it does count as untargeted archery if you don’t use the action. That’s an awesome use for the game text.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions