LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
ingold55
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:18 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
you may have guessed, i was wandering what the war of the ring block is, i think it FotR, TTT, RotK, but i am not sure. um also, what are all of the "blocks"?
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:35 pm
There are currently four blocks in print. Generally each block is made up of a base set and two expansions with additional products thrown in occasionally between sets that are not a part of the block. The current blocks are:

Fellowship of the Ring Block
1)Fellowship of the Ring
2)Mines of Moria
3)Realms of the Elf Lords

Two Towers Block
4)The Two Towers
5)Battle of Helm’s Deep
6)Ents of Fangorn

Return of the King Block
7)Return of the King
8)Siege of Gondor
10)Mount Doom

War of the Ring Block
11)Shadows
12)Black Rider
13)Bloodlines

Cards that are not a part of any block include all the cards from the following two sets:
9)Reflections
14)Expanded Middle Earth Deluxe Draft

The next block to be released will be:
Hunters Block
15)The Hunters
16)Rise of Saruman
17)Treachery and Deceit

You may have heard of "Movie Block Format" which would allow cards from the sets in the movie title blocks (Sets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 10) and use the x-list from that period as well.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:07 pm
so say i have a balrog from TTT and most of the cards are from FotR, what would the "block" be?
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:16 pm
If you have any cards from multiple blocks in the same deck, then your deck is either Open, Standard or Expanded (and it also must be played on Shadows sites).
GondorianDotCom
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:57 am
Note that Reflections is actually counted as King Block, for the purpose of when rotation happens. Also note that normally you can only use sites from the current block in a Standard game. The exception to this site-rule came with Hunters Block, which allows sites from both War of the Ring and Hunters Block to be used in a Standard game.

http://lotronline.decipher.com/help/rotation.shtml
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:04 am
Reflections will be rotated out at the same time as King Block, however it is not a part of King Block. You cannot have any refections cards in your deck at a King Block tournament.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:24 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wait...why don’t they call Shadows-Bloodlines "Shadows Block"? Silly Decipher people. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:48 pm
so i can’t play with fellowship sites? i have to play with Shadows? that stinks!!

bibfortuna25
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:43 pm
The only time you can use Fellowship sites is if all of the cards in your deck are Fellowship block.

The Shadows sites are much more fun and strategic than the sites from previous blocks. In previous blocks, you were stuck in a set pattern for the sites, and the game got rather stagnant. Shadows sites open up the game for even deeper levels of strategy. You get to pick and choose how much twilight you need to play the cards in your hand.

For example, if your opponent is moving and there is currently 11 in the twilight pool and you need 12 twilight to play the Shadow cards in your hand, then you can pick a site that costs 1. That way you can save your bigger sites for later on.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:59 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Indeed. I like that feature. Before, you had to gamble on whether you could get a killer site in play. Now, you can play it when you want-and it gains more power when you’ve got cards like Pathfinder!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions