LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Chance Observation  (Read 2496 times)

July 16, 2017, 12:05:29 AM
Read 2496 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Chance Observation
« on: July 16, 2017, 12:05:29 AM »
Just to be sure when somebody plays "Chance Observation" and there is 4 cards in your discard pile, even the hobbit allies can be counted along with the companions for total strength, correct?

July 16, 2017, 12:48:06 AM
Reply #1

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Chance Observation
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:48:06 AM »
Yep. You can even spot Ted Sandyman as a minion.

July 16, 2017, 01:31:15 AM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 01:31:15 AM »
Yep. You can even spot Ted Sandyman as a minion.

That's funny on Ted but interesting. Hey along with the above card let me ask you or others chiming in can you also count Allies when it comes to Sam as a Ring Bearer. I do not know if it was an official or unofficial thing between us that play but they said (more or less) that by the time Sam the Ringbearer came out there was nothing much going on with allies being made so they said we should not count them for Sam's purpose. I guess I can understand that if we were playing a particular block format but between us 3 that play we usually play open (would it be) where any cards count. I just remember they were a little sticky on that?

July 16, 2017, 06:58:06 AM
Reply #3

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 06:58:06 AM »
Can you also count Allies when it comes to Sam as a Ring Bearer. I do not know if it was an official or unofficial thing between us that play but they said (more or less) that by the time Sam the Ringbearer came out there was nothing much going on with allies being made so they said we should not count them for Sam's purpose. I guess I can understand that if we were playing a particular block format but between us 3 that play we usually play open (would it be) where any cards count. I just remember they were a little sticky on that?

I assume you're talking about Sam BoGN, not the "If Frodo dies, make Sam the ring-bearer" that's been part of the game since FoTR.

Sam BoGN cares about if a card is a hobbit, not if it's a companion, ally, or minion.  What matters is if the card says "Hobbit" under the picture.  Note that followers (e.g. Frodo Gamgee) do not have race, so they will not count for Sam's ability.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man