LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The White Council Set - Sites and One Ring  (Read 3096 times)

May 19, 2019, 09:14:51 AM
Read 3096 times

caprylz

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
The White Council Set - Sites and One Ring
« on: May 19, 2019, 09:14:51 AM »
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting new cards here. I've created a new set of cards called 'The White Council' and I would love your feedback. There's over 300 new cards, so if people are interested, I'll post each culture separately. First, a new rare version of the One Ring and 38 new sites (these sites follow the site format introduced in Shadows). If you'd like to see more, let me know which culture you'd like to see next!

The One Ring, The Master Ring
Each minion skirmishing bearer is strength -1.
Skirmish: Add 4 burdens to wear the One Ring until the regroup phase and make each Shadow player return one of their minions skirmishing bearer to hand. While wearing the One Ring, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.

A-lalla-lalla-rumba-kamanda-lindor-burúme
[3]
Forest. Fellowship: Discard an unbound hobbit to play an unhasty companion or ally from your draw deck.

Amon Din
[2]
Mountain. Fellowship: Remove a [Gondor] token to play a beacon from your draw deck.

Bamfurlong
[3]
Dwelling. At the start of the manuever phase, the Free Peoples player may attach a [Shire] follower to a [Shire] companion without paying its aid cost.

Barad-dur
[3]
If this site is site 9, its shadow number is +3.

Barrows of Edoras
(0)
Fellowship: Give the Shadow the initiative until the end of the turn and place your hand beneath your draw deck to draw 4 cards.

Bounder's Outpost
[2]
If this site is in Region 1, each hobbit ally may participate in archery fire and skirmishes here.

Breached Wall
(0)
Battleground. When the Fellowship moves to this site, add 1 for each card with another card stacked on it you can spot.

Crashed Gate
[1]
Battleground. At the start of the regroup phase, the Free Peoples player must add 2 threats or choose a Shadow player who may take control of a site.

Dunharrow Ascent
[3]
Mountain. Each archer and mounted character is strength +1.

East Wall of Rohan
(0)
When the Fellowship moves from East Wall of Rohan, add [2].

Eaves of Fangorn
[3]
Forest. Each Ent and tree is damage +1.

Forest of Ithilien
(0)
Forest. While the Fellowship is at Forest of Ithilien, skip the Manuever phase.

Foundations of Zirakzigil
(0)
Underground. Marsh. The twilight cost of each minion whose race you cannot spot is -2.

Golden Hall
[1]
Dwelling. When the fellowship moves to Golden Hall, each player must discard 2 of their weapons from play.

Halifirien
[3]
Mountain. At the start of your fellowship phase, you may spot a beacon and exert a [Gondor] companion to play a [Rohan] companion from your draw deck.

Hollin
(0)
Plains. The roaming penalty for each [Uruk] minion is -2.

Isengard Ruined
[3]
Battleground. Fellowship: Spot Gandalf and add [2]. Each player may draw a card.

Moria Lake
[2]
Marsh. When the fellowship moves here, the Free Peoples player must exert a ring-bound companion (or two unbound companions).

Mouth of the Isen
[3]
Mountain. River. Forest. Battleground.

Orc Camp
[2]
Plains. Dwelling. While you can spot 4 minions, the Shadow has initiative, regardless of the cards in the Free Peoples player's hand

Orthanc Balcony
[1]
Battleground. Shadow: If this site is in region 3, discard 2 cards from hand to play Saruman from your discard pile.

Osgiliath West Bank
[1]
Battleground. River. The twilight cost of each Fortification, Engine, and Machine is -1.

Pass of Caradhras
[1]
Mountain. Shadow: Exert a minion to play a weather condition of that minion's culture from your draw deck (limit once per turn).

Pillars of the Kings
[3]
River. At the start of the Fellowship phase, you may discard X [Gondor] cards from hand to heal X [Gondor] men.

Plains of Gorgoroth
[1]
Plains. While the Fellowship is at Plains of Gorgoroth, the One Ring's game text does not apply.

Rhun
(0)
This site may not be replaced. When the Fellowship moves to this site, add a burden. When the Fellowship moves from this site, remove a burden.

Ruined Capitol
(0)
Battleground. Shadow: Spot your minion and 7 companions to make the move limit -1.

Shelob's Lair
[1]
Underground. Skirmish: Discard your lurker minion from play to make Shelob strength +1 and damage +1.

Slag Mountains
[2]
Mountain. Each time a companion is killed, you may exert a minion to add a burden.

Summit of Amon Hen
[1]
Mountain. When the fellowship moves to this site, each Shadow player may spot 5 burdens to draw 3 cards.

The Barrow Downs
[2]
The twilight cost of each wraith is -1.

The Glittering Caves
[3]
Underground. If this site is in Region 2, each [Rohan] ally may participate in archery fire and skirmishes here.

The Great River
[2]
River. While the fellowship is at The Great River, cards may not be played or taken into hand from draw decks or discard piles.

The Old Forest
[2]
Forest. Shadow: Play Old Man Willow from your draw deck or discard pile to make each hobbit strength -1 until the regroup phase.

Town Center
[3]
Fellowship: Play a [Shire] follower to draw a card.

West Road
[2]
Plains. If the Shadow has initiative, the Shadow number of this site is +3.

Winding Stair
[2]
Mountain. Skirmishes may not be cancelled, and characters assigned to skirmishes may not be replaced, returned to hand, or discarded.

Wold of Rohan
[1]
Plains. Each minion is ambush [1].
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 03:36:18 AM by caprylz »

May 20, 2019, 09:17:24 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: The White Council Set - Sites and One Ring
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »
Oh, doctor. Welcome to the site and glad to see some activity on this board.

I recommend formatting your cards a bit. As your new here, maybe I can help.

Bold is done [without spaces] like this. [ b ]ENTER TEXT HERE [ / b ] which looks like ENTER TEXT HERE.

Numbers can be placed in circles with brackets as well, so [ 9 ] without the spaces is [9]. The only exception is zero, which uses parentheses.

If you don't want to automatically link other versions of a card, put an exclamation point in front of it. Wold of Rohan would read Wold of Rohan.

You can use brackets to achieve culture symbols as well. [ Rohan ] without spaces is [Rohan].

Adding a bullet (•) to specify uniqueness can be achieved by holding Alt and clicking 0149 on your keypad (or just copy/paste the one I included here).

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. A little extra formatting really helps the cards read better. I tend to bold the card title and phase actions (example: Maneuver: Exert to...).

Here is an example of everything, using Aragorn, Driven By Need.

[4] •Aragorn, Driven By Need [Gondor]
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Signet: Gandalf
While you cannot spot 4 threats, Aragorn is strength +1 for each threat.
Regroup: Exert Aragorn twice to remove three threats.

Cheers and look forward to the rest of the set.
-wtk

May 21, 2019, 03:33:02 AM
Reply #2

caprylz

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 03:33:02 AM »
Thanks so much for the feedback, ket_the_jet! I've edited the list above, so everything should now be a bit easier to read.

May 21, 2019, 07:43:23 AM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 07:43:23 AM »
Cool. Looking forward to the rest of the set. Have to be honest, not much to talk about early with sites, but a few of them have interesting implications when used in concert with other sets. Maybe you should define what sets yours would be played with. For instance, in Expanded you can play a complete unbound Hobbit/Ent fellowship. But with your first site, you could bid to start and replace the unbound hobbits with more Ents before you've even moved.

I'm also not huge on a revisit of Hollin, which could end a game at site 2 based on the luck of the shadow draw.

Cheers,
-wtk