LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Hobbit Standard Annoyness Question  (Read 3283 times)

May 15, 2009, 04:23:02 AM
Read 3283 times

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
Hobbit Standard Annoyness Question
« on: May 15, 2009, 04:23:02 AM »
  We all know that hobbits are famous to be not an "all powerfull crusher deck" nor a "fragile freeps set" but just like an usually annoying deck to play against it (choking and skirmish canceling).

Well i made a deck that try to push that "annoynes" to its limits and basically it goes like this:

Most of us knows the No Visitors + Daddy Twofoot + Bilbo, ARB Stuff, so how about canceling 3 to 4 skirmishes per turn?

You may ask me how and then i propose the following:

Birthday Present + Having only No Visitors as event shire card at the deck and then we come to the rulling question. Is this legal? I think that it is and here is my argumentation:

- The cost is add a burden (sentence before "to") then you take 2 diferent events from discard...since you have only one you take only one copy since you perform the effect as much as you can (the cost has already been paid). Your opponent then choose one for you to take into hand (only No Visitors avaliable) and you discard "the other" (no other). So you can add burdens to get all your no visitors events back into hand.

I wanna know what you people think about this rulling.

Thanks in advance  :up:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:41:46 AM by Pepin The Breve »

May 15, 2009, 04:41:14 AM
Reply #1

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: Hobbit Standard Annoyness Question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 04:41:14 AM »
This is how Birthday Present works. With only one event in discard then you will be taking that one into hand.

However, Birthday Present is a condition, meaning it is highly likely to be blown up, unless you have some SotS.
Daddy twofoot is WAY more reliable.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

May 15, 2009, 10:40:14 AM
Reply #2

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:40:14 AM »
This is how Birthday Present works. With only one event in discard then you will be taking that one into hand.

However, Birthday Present is a condition, meaning it is highly likely to be blown up, unless you have some SotS.
Daddy twofoot is WAY more reliable.

Yes, that's why i run SotS along with Daddy Twofoot  :up:

May 15, 2009, 07:36:41 PM
Reply #3

Elessar's Socks

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • "I see...I look foul and feel foul. Is that it?"
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:36:41 PM »
The ruling is covered in a CRD (it works like you think), in case there's any question about it. ;)