LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: TLHH Grand Summer Tournament results  (Read 3538 times)

October 12, 2009, 03:55:19 AM
Reply #45

Manuel

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Re: TLHH Grand Summer Tournament results
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 03:55:19 AM »
It does not matter anyway that much - as there are 7 rounds. So each player has to face nearly all participants - or we enhance amount of rounds.

Hope, I did not miss anything  :-k.

so, things stay as they are, I would say.

I have very few time left nowadays. I try to do pairings for standard today. Please, pm if anything in organisation is wrong (again).

As I see things by now, Pepin has done all well.
Kind regards and see you  ;D,

Elrohir

If you plan to have everyone playing each other, then it would be 10 rounds... I didn't know we were doing a tournament like this. In fact, I thought we were using the swiss system, which was used in every LOTR tournament back in the day. In the swiss system, a tournament with 11 players requires 4 round. However, I might have missed something, of course!

Anyway, unless every player is facing each other (1o rounds) then pairing matters. Honestly, I just don't get why are we doing it all wrong when it's all so easy doing things right. Then again, I offer myself to do the pairings.

Cheers,

Manuel

October 12, 2009, 04:03:13 AM
Reply #46

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2009, 04:03:13 AM »
Anyway, unless every player is facing each other (1o rounds) then pairing matters. Honestly, I just don't get why are we doing it all wrong when it's all so easy doing things right. Then again, I offer myself to do the pairings.

Hm, Swiss sytem is what I thought before. And, btw, I did not have seen that we have already 11 players - I have missed that.

Well, I have caused a mess. I will open new proclamationcorner for lists and results, and another one for palyer adding their results and discussion.

Again, sorry
Elrohir
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

October 12, 2009, 04:20:28 AM
Reply #47

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2009, 04:20:28 AM »
    Hi folks, in fact i usually do the swiss pairing and i usually ask someone to help me pairing to get a better sort of the matches. I tried to enter two or three times in gccg and no one were there to help me out, so like the tourney was going very slow i feared that player would lose interest and it goes down so i just made simple pairing cause that is what i could quickly made alone.

I just tried to help since i entre the last time in the tourney and i i'm not aware of all the rules. What can be made is: cancel the KK matchup result and if they ever cross again in the tourney Kingy will be automaticaly considered the winner.

I will search here to see if i can find the tourney rules somewhere. I usually register decks that i want to do some testing in tourney, cause that usually means i will play at least one game per week against the best decks around, but i'm most playing like 1 game in 2 or 3 weeks so next time i will think about test them in gccg and incribe already tested ones in the tourney  ;)

I know that is not always easy to set a game between different times zones, but i guess its also not that hard. i don't find Kralik at GCCG very often but he arranged his tourney game with King very fast.

Anyway i apologize again (specially to King and Kralik) for my rush. We wait for Manuel's pairing and then we can proceed to next round as soon as possible.

Cheers.

October 12, 2009, 04:33:04 AM
Reply #48

Elrohir

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • If you want him, come and claim him!
    • Elrohir wants some cards
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 04:33:04 AM »
Hi, I beg you all pardon - and thanks to Pepin! I started a new topic to look for pairings and results / list. Please keep discussion going on here! Otherwise, the "pairing Topic" get hard to follow quickly.

About tournament:
A loss is considered to be 0 points, FREE to be 2 points, and win to be 3 points. Shall I change to 1/3/3 ?
You gave away your life's grace. I cannot protect you anymore.

October 12, 2009, 06:23:25 AM
Reply #49

Manuel

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2009, 06:23:25 AM »
Decipher rules stated that a win was worth 3 TP, a loss 1 TP, and you would get 2 TPs for a timed win. Byes (FREE, or whatever you call it) is worth 3 TPs too.

October 12, 2009, 08:22:15 AM
Reply #50

Kralik

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2009, 08:22:15 AM »
   I just tried to help since i entre the last time in the tourney and i i'm not aware of all the rules. What can be made is: cancel the KK matchup result and if they ever cross again in the tourney Kingy will be automaticaly considered the winner.

I know that is not always easy to set a game between different times zones, but i guess its also not that hard. i don't find Kralik at GCCG very often but he arranged his tourney game with King very fast.

Actually, it was more coincidence. Logged in, saw King, asked if he wanted to play right away. :P

But has a decision been reached by (insert official tourney directory here) on whether to create new pairings or not? I see the topic by Elrohir retains the 3 vs. 1 pairing issue.

Ironic, because King remarked when we started the game that I must have lost the first round to be paired with him. :P

October 12, 2009, 06:16:39 PM
Reply #51

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
Well, first match of Movie Block 2nd round: Pepin X Sweet

Result: Pepin won (after get badly beaten by sweet shadow  ;))

One issue: i acidentally deleted the deck registered for the tourney (i modified it and forgot to not delete the older version cause of the tournament). I have one very similar and i made "backwards" modifications to make it equal that it was before. I'm willing to concead my eventual victories since i know this go against the rules, i would like to play it just for fun anyway (and to see what more i can improve).

October 13, 2009, 05:09:13 AM
Reply #52

Kralik

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 05:09:13 AM »
You can use the command /ro to retrieve a registered deck.

October 13, 2009, 07:58:51 AM
Reply #53

Pepin The Breve

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 07:58:51 AM »
You can use the command /ro to retrieve a registered deck.

Thanks Kralik!

October 13, 2009, 01:45:49 PM
Reply #54

King89

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
  • your master.
    • nine-walkers 2.0 german
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2009, 01:45:49 PM »
standard round 1:

olorin vs. king89 - win olorin.