LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Izzi-Orc Swarm Deck (please vote)  (Read 11670 times)

August 11, 2010, 04:52:10 AM
Read 11670 times

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Izzi-Orc Swarm Deck (please vote)
« on: August 11, 2010, 04:52:10 AM »
Link to the Poorman's list.

Shadow (35):

2x Ulaire Enquea, LoM
4x Isengard Tender
4x Isengard Tinker
4x Isengard Shaman
2x Isengard Servant
4x Isengard Journeyman
4x Goblin Runner
4x Isengard Worker
4x Isengard Warrior
2x Library of Orthanc

Strategy is more than obvious; Swarm your opponent, if Free People playwer doesn't die cus' of any reason, use the exerting/ discarding abiilities to kill off some comps. It seems very weak on paper, but the Deck has a 4-0 win ratio, all Shadow kills. It's also legal in Towers Standard and Poorman's, so no Rares, but still very, very effective. If you want a cheap Deck I recommend this one.

Edit: Please add a comment before submitting a vote.  ;)

Edit 2: Added a Link to my Poorman's Deck lists.

August 11, 2010, 05:36:27 AM
Reply #1

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Izzi-Orc Swarm Deck (please vote)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 05:36:27 AM »
I must say that initially it does not look very strong.

No condition or possession removal, no way to play more than eight minions at once. Most of those minions will loose their skirmishes, manuever wounding, choke, 9 companion fellowships, the tale of the great ring will all cause problems.

I can't see this swarming any of my Fellowships, sorry.

I have to give it a 2. I would say 2.5 to be fair, but closer to 2 than 3. ;)

August 11, 2010, 03:31:08 PM
Reply #2

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 03:31:08 PM »
I gave it a 3 because for the same reasons stated by MuadDib. I have to admit that such deck can have a positive win/loss ratio online but your are lucky to have won all the 4 games so far. Once you'll play vs a Gimli RB wearing his Dwarven Armor or an Isildur wearing a Coat of Mail, you won't stand a chance. Not being able to play more than 8 minions will be a huge issue vs large fellowship. The Number Must Be Few is the only thing you can do, or play Ulaire Enquea x4.

August 11, 2010, 06:59:26 PM
Reply #3

Pepin The Breve

• Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
  • Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:59:26 PM »
My two favorite words: Saruman's Power

I can't rate it cause i don't know with witch freep you will be pairing with. This deck can do resonably well against certain matchups if you pair with a freeps that have great cycling and drawing capacity, to ensure you will have a hand full of minions to play. In this kind of deck or you outnumber the fellowship to win some skirmish (or maybe even kill the RB) and get your minions in shape to do some regroup tricks or you will simply be smashed, specially by wounding, dwarves, fighting gondor kind of deck. Play like 4 minions against a solid freeps usually is just a waste.

The power of this deck usually decrease as the fellowshipd grow strong so its a nice deck to try a shadow kill in sites 4 or 5.

I like a version with few more cards in paired with the kind of freeps i told before.

As a poorman's deck is one of the best shadows around...

August 11, 2010, 11:53:11 PM
Reply #4

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:53:11 PM »
Well, I pair it with a Rohan Deck, 3x Simbelmyne (it's a real life Deck) and just posessions and Conditions, including 2 allies: Leowyn and Deor, which means perfect cycling. ;)

As Pepin pointed out, this Deck is funny as you can Swarm at Site four really easily, and the main threats Greenleaf and Aragorn's Bow can be easily countered by Isengard Warrior. Nobody sees this Deck coming, and I'm usually able to Swarm with 8 minions at Site 4 and with 7 or 8 minions at Site 5, and even at Site 6 or 7 I can make a really nice Swarm with the remaining minions. It's the simplicity that makes this deck so nice.

Those Armors could be a problem thogh, but still, against a 5 comp Fellowship, I try to manage it that way that most of my Orcs survive (Isengard Shaman helps a lot) and then finish some comps off in regroup.

I really like the Deck cus' it doesn't rely on just one bomb, and it can also stop my opponent pretty easy.

try it out, folks! It's really better than it seems! ;)

August 12, 2010, 07:24:18 AM
Reply #5

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »
Consider Library of Orthanc and Isengard Mechanics. As Cw0rk said, you need more crowd control, but instead of 4x Enquea, I suggest 2x Enquea and 2x Isengard Mechanics.

And Library of Orthanc can help a lot to win, or simply survive (prevent overwhelm) a skirmish and you can get orcs in hand during regroup. Not to mention the benefit of getting Isengard Tender on it.
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

August 12, 2010, 10:07:49 AM
Reply #6

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 10:07:49 AM »
plus the library won't be discarded if you add a copy or 2 of saruman's power. i like the deck a lot. i'v always been a fan of non-moria swarm decks. and like half swarm decks like that morcs deck i used that could dish out heaps of minions if the conditions were right, but that wasn't even the main strategy.

August 12, 2010, 10:15:04 AM
Reply #7

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 10:15:04 AM »
I was actually thinking of another great card: Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning!

The only problem is that if I drop it earlier (one round before the Swarm)  a) it may be discarded b) the Free People player can figure out what Deck you're playing. This means one minion less for the first bomb, but the other Swarms might be much stronger then...  :-k :-k

And the whole strategy wouldn't work together with Saruman's Power...  :-k :-k :-k

so many possibilities, but which one is the best?  ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

August 12, 2010, 03:30:44 PM
Reply #8

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
Nobody sees this Deck coming, and I'm usually able to Swarm with 8 minions at Site 4 and with 7 or 8 minions at Site 5, and even at Site 6 or 7 I can make a really nice Swarm with the remaining minions.
Whenever I'm playing vs someone who doesn't play a single shadow card vs me at site 2 and 3, I'm always expecting a site 4 swarm. However, this deck is very simple and quite good online. I remember playing this kind of deck on LOTRTCG Online back in the days and winning a lot of games.

August 12, 2010, 07:01:09 PM
Reply #9

MuadDib85

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »
Not to mention the benefit of getting Isengard Tender on it.
That would be sweet. I have yet to see Isengard Tender really used effectively, but it has huge potential.

August 13, 2010, 12:44:42 AM
Reply #10

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 12:44:42 AM »
ok, made those changes:

out:

2x Isengard Forger
2x Isengard Servant

in:

1x Isengard Tender
2x Library of Orthanc

what do you guys think of this? Should I add one more library? It actually can't be discarded in Movie block anyway (besides BRC) so I don't think I need a third copy.

Nobody convinced of the card Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning? It's a bit mroe vulnerable, but stil a nice card to use. Oh, and it would keep the Deck Poorman's (which makes it kinda cool  :P )

August 13, 2010, 02:42:29 AM
Reply #11

hrcho

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • One does not simply Rock into Mordor.
    • My trade list
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 02:42:29 AM »
what do you guys think of this? Should I add one more library? It actually can't be discarded in Movie block anyway (besides BRC) so I don't think I need a third copy.

Roll of Thunder and much rarely (if ever) used Something Draws Near
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:45:21 AM by hrcho »
Some days you're the statue, and some days you're the pigeon.

Trade List (TLHH)
Trade List (Mahasamatman)

August 13, 2010, 03:00:53 AM
Reply #12

Witchkingx5

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 03:00:53 AM »
well, then Gnawing, Biting, Hacking, Burning wouldn't be such a bad choice, considering that Roll of Thunder and BRC are pretty much used in Movie...

February 01, 2011, 01:20:25 PM
Reply #13

Mc Tono

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »
seems to me that the library being a R+ is not a real Poormans-card. That being said, it is the first time i have seen a purpose for tat card.:)

February 01, 2011, 03:08:39 PM
Reply #14

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »
This isn't poorman legal as Library of Orthanc is a rare.