LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Knights Besiegers  (Read 4825 times)

April 21, 2011, 10:45:48 PM
Read 4825 times

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Knights Besiegers
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:45:48 PM »
So I've run this deck up and it does pretty well.  I've only had the shadow side lose once and that was to a pretty dedicated archery side.  The free side doesn't do as well.
 Freeps (34)
 Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms -AtAR
 1x Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon (starting)
 1x Ingold (Starting)
 1x Turgon, Man of Belfalas
 1x Garrison of Gondor
 1x Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth
 2x Aragorn, Captain of Gondor
 1x Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath

4x Knights Mount
 4x Gondor Bow
 4x Banner of Westernesse
 1x Anduril, Flame of the West

3x Sixth Level
 4x Fifth Level
 4x Fourth Level
 2x Citadel of the Stars
 2x Strong and Old

Shadow (34)
 2x Gorgoroth Officer
 2x Troll of Cirith Gorgor
 2x Gorgoroth Pillager
 3x Gorgoroth Swarm
 3x Great Hill Troll
 3x Siege Troop
 3x Troll of Gorgoroth, Abomination of Sauron
 3x Gorgoroth Troop

4x Troll's Chain
 2x Grond, Hammer of the Underworld

2x Tower Walkway
 2x Their Marching Companies
 2x Troop Tower
 3x Great Siege Towers

Sites
 Steps of Edoras
 Rohirrim Camp
 Base of Mindolluin
 Anduin Banks
 Crashed Gate
 Minas Tirith Sixth Circle
 Osgiliath Channel
 Morgul Vale
 Dagorlad

The strategy is relatively simple, make sure you go second an then, set up some fortifications ASAP at site 3 pull a sixth level and another depending on the deck type your opponent is using (Fourth/fifth level usually work well.)  Take out their tanks using Fourth level and Citadel of the Stars/ Stone Tower/ Gondor Bow, then pull the forts back using sixth level.  Use Duty of Two/ Hearts Raised for some nice healing after the exertions.  Aragorn's text helps heal also.
Shadows a bit better and more fun :).  In the beginning set-up your engines and start to take sites using Siege Troop.  Towards site 5 I start playing hard.  Use your engines to play your trolls for dirt.  GHT helps beat back initiative spammers while Abomonation of Sauron stacks minions on sites to allow troop tower to start buffing my orcs.  When the regroup phase hits you A) take sites B) trash their set-up ('Grond! Grond! GROND!') C) Stack any remaining minions on your sites.  Then use TMC to play them back or just leave them.  A really nice loop is TMC, Gorgoroth Troop, Gorgoroth Officer, and some minion pulled off a site.  They can easily substitute for a troll esp. with Gorgoroth Pillager on a site.  Comments?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:18:02 AM by Haszor »

April 22, 2011, 12:24:40 PM
Reply #1

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: Knights Besiegers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »
Cut the Troll's Chain for Ithil Stone, Gorgoroth Assassin and Gorgoroth Soldier.

For the Free People's, take out a few Knight's Spear, 1 Stone Tower and probably both Strong and Old and put in Banner of Westernesse, another Fourth Level and some Knight's Mount
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

May 06, 2011, 05:52:10 PM
Reply #2

Imrahil

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:52:10 PM »
I agree with TheJord.  I would also find room for a Sam, SoH, unless you just plan to concede against corruption decks.

Hearts Raised/Duty of Two is an interesting combo, but I'm not sure if it's effective enough to deserve four card slots.  You might want to find healing through other channels.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

-Dave Barry

May 15, 2011, 09:51:06 PM
Reply #3

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
Ok so I dropped the Hearts Raised, the Duty of Two and all knights spear.  In their place I've maxed out the banners, bows, and mounts, also I've added another sixth level.

May 16, 2011, 05:27:14 AM
Reply #4

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 05:27:14 AM »
It doesn't say so on the main post, you still have Knight's Spear, Duty of Two and Hearts Raised. Also, no Banners. When asking for advice about a deck, it's usually easier to edit the main post as you change it, so new readers can see the current configuration of your deck instead of skimming through endless psots cheking to see how the deck evolved so far.

May 16, 2011, 08:30:31 AM
Reply #5

V-R4NG3R

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 08:30:31 AM »
knights are lame.. unless there is the power of sauruman!
There is always Hope?!