LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Gondor Knights + Uruk Swarm (Need FP Help)  (Read 6987 times)

August 16, 2011, 12:29:41 PM
Read 6987 times

Arcanite

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
Gondor Knights + Uruk Swarm (Need FP Help)
« on: August 16, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »
Ring-bearer   9R+33   • Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms

The One Ring   4R1   • The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Adventure Deck
1   7U334   Steps of Edoras
2   7U336   Rohirrim Camp
3   10U117   Base of Mindolluin
4   7U342   Osgiliath Fallen
5   8U119   Crashed Gate
6   7U351   Minas Tirith Sixth Circle
7   8U120   Osgiliath Channel
8   7U357   Morgul Vale
9   7U363   Slag Mounds

Free Peoples Draw Deck

1x   5R31   • Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon
1x   5U42   • Turgon, Man of Belfalas
2x   7C81   • Aragorn, Captain of Gondor
1x   7C106   • Ingold
2x   8C34   • Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath
1x   8R36   • Garrison of Gondor
1x   8R37   • Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth
1x   3R44   • The Shards of Narsil
2x   7R79   • Andúril, Flame of the West
1x   9R36   • Scroll of Isildur
2x   6U51   Banner of Westernesse
4x   7U94   Gondor Bow
2x   8R32   Catapult
4x   8C40   Knight's Mount
2x   8U44   Sixth Level
4x   8C35   Fourth Level
1x   7R122   • Strong and Old
2x   5R39   • Stone Tower
1x   5C32   • Citadel of the Stars

Free Peoples Total   35

Shadow Draw Deck

4x   4C192   Uruk Regular
3x   2R46   • Uruk Captain
3x   1R127   • Lurtz, Servant of Isengard
2x   10R99   • Shagrat, Captain of Cirith Ungol
3x   9R+47   • Ithil Stone
3x   10U83   Cirith Ungol Sentinel
4x   10C84   Cirith Ungol Sentry
4x   1R148   Uruk Lieutenant
4x   1C133   Saruman's Ambition
1x   8R103   • Grond, Hammer of the Underworld
2x   1R125   Greed
2x   10U82   Cirith Ungol Patroller

Shadow Total   35

The Freeps is regular Knights, Kill stuff with a Turgon+4th Level, or Gondor Bows, Knights Mounts, and if needed Stone Tower and citadel of the stars.

Shadow is Uruk Hai Swarm, don't need help with that.

I have a few questions:
1) Can I stack unique cards on the shards of narsil if i have a copy in play?
2) If  a minion in a skirmish dies when i attach stone tower/Citadel of the stars to it, does that count as winning the skirmish?

August 16, 2011, 01:47:41 PM
Reply #1

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: Gondor Knights + Uruk Swarm (Need FP Help)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »
yes to both. cards stacked on other cards aren't in play. and if all characters of one side are removed during a skirmish, the other side wins. don't forget that you can search the archives.

August 17, 2011, 04:55:59 AM
Reply #2

tristelune

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 04:55:59 AM »
I just want to point out that Turgon does its trick in the maneuver phase and 4th level is transferred during the skirmish phase... Just to be sure you know.

August 17, 2011, 10:23:18 AM
Reply #3

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »
The only maneuver fortification I can think of is first level; not that great of a ability but Turgon can kill hurt someone,  but no insta-kills in the maneuver phase; you can even use Alcarin's ability that way.

Also, you can probably cut one Anduril and Stone Tower. I'm iffy on Strong and Old since having one won't do you too much good if you don't get it early, but that's just me. Also, I might add another Imrahil, since his ability is awesome, and cut either a Faramir or Aragorn, or even one of both, or just ditch Ingold, if you're not starting him. Also, you could throw in a few Abandoning Reason for Madness to cycle.
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

August 17, 2011, 10:43:08 AM
Reply #4

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:43:08 AM »
I'm iffy on Strong and Old since having one won't do you too much good if you don't get it early, but that's just me.
It can help if using Sixth level to pull back forts for a double move.  Definitely cut Faramir, he's not essential.  Also get rid of an Anduril and 1-2 Knights Mount and exchange them for 2 more Banners and another Citadel.  Get rid of the extra Stone tower too.  And from experience with my knight deck, you never really use Turgon, maybe start Ingold?

August 17, 2011, 09:57:20 PM
Reply #5

plnp123

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:57:20 PM »
I dont think that Knights mount does a lot for the deck. In that case Imrahil ability is far better.
Four Sixth Level is a must, you need to get the proper forts in time.
You also need a lot more of healing, you need to exert a lot. I would recomend adding more Banner of Westernesse.  I also use Citadel of Minas Tirith altough it isn't always very effective.
I would also ditch Flame of the West and Shards of Narsil and add instead Sapling of the White Tree. it helps against coruption and can save given the high number of exertions.
As always Enquea and Greed may be a problem although I don't see another way to counter them other than using less comps.
Also, as stated before, Turgon is useless there. either ditch him or add First Level or Fifth Level

Following some suggestions that may work but may or not be more difficult to apply:
Use Gondor Bowmen to inflict some wounds on minions that may be killed using Citadel of the Stairs or Stone Tower. Or Aragorn's bow and Faramir's bow. The thing is that would prevent them form using Gondor Bow...
I've seen a succesful use of New Errand. It can make a nice combo with Imrahil.
Hardy Garrison may become handy too, but you need something to lose initiative as Gondorian Sword

That's all i can think of now. Good Luck

August 17, 2011, 10:19:55 PM
Reply #6

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 10:19:55 PM »
Use Gondor Bowmen to inflict some wounds on minions that may be killed using Citadel of the Stairs or Stone Tower.

hmm... "stairs", and also "stars"....

August 18, 2011, 02:40:26 AM
Reply #7

Arcanite

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 02:40:26 AM »
I just want to point out that Turgon does its trick in the maneuver phase and 4th level is transferred during the skirmish phase... Just to be sure you know.

Ah, I see. I don't think Turgon is even nesecary now...

The only maneuver fortification I can think of is first level; not that great of a ability but Turgon can kill hurt someone,  but no insta-kills in the maneuver phase; you can even use Alcarin's ability that way.

Also, you can probably cut one Anduril and Stone Tower. I'm iffy on Strong and Old since having one won't do you too much good if you don't get it early, but that's just me. Also, I might add another Imrahil, since his ability is awesome, and cut either a Faramir or Aragorn, or even one of both, or just ditch Ingold, if you're not starting him. Also, you could throw in a few Abandoning Reason for Madness to cycle.

I'll cut a faramir. Anduril is a huge + for aragorn, and it can help with a 5-7 double. I think i will cut one though. Stone Tower's just too good i think.

It can help if using Sixth level to pull back forts for a double move.  Definitely cut Faramir, he's not essential.  Also get rid of an Anduril and 1-2 Knights Mount and exchange them for 2 more Banners and another Citadel.  Get rid of the extra Stone tower too.  And from experience with my knight deck, you never really use Turgon, maybe start Ingold?

I will add two more banners definitely. Also another Citadel of the stars. 1 Mount can go.

I dont think that Knights mount does a lot for the deck. In that case Imrahil ability is far better.
Four Sixth Level is a must, you need to get the proper forts in time.
You also need a lot more of healing, you need to exert a lot. I would recomend adding more Banner of Westernesse.  I also use Citadel of Minas Tirith altough it isn't always very effective.
I would also ditch Flame of the West and Shards of Narsil and add instead Sapling of the White Tree. it helps against coruption and can save given the high number of exertions.
As always Enquea and Greed may be a problem although I don't see another way to counter them other than using less comps.
Also, as stated before, Turgon is useless there. either ditch him or add First Level or Fifth Level

Following some suggestions that may work but may or not be more difficult to apply:
Use Gondor Bowmen to inflict some wounds on minions that may be killed using Citadel of the Stairs or Stone Tower. Or Aragorn's bow and Faramir's bow. The thing is that would prevent them form using Gondor Bow...
I've seen a succesful use of New Errand. It can make a nice combo with Imrahil.
Hardy Garrison may become handy too, but you need something to lose initiative as Gondorian Sword

That's all i can think of now. Good Luck

OK, 4 6th Level. I like gondor bowmen too.

Summary:
-1 Faramir
-1 Knights Mount
-1 Anduril
-1 Turgon
-1 Aragorn

+2 Baners
+2 6th level
+1 Gondor Bowmen

August 18, 2011, 11:20:41 PM
Reply #8

plnp123

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 11:20:41 PM »
hmm... "stairs", and also "stars"....
I have a cnfession to make. Until now my brain read stairs instead of stars... I misread it once and it got stuck in my mind

August 19, 2011, 05:51:04 AM
Reply #9

macheteman

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 05:51:04 AM »
lol. well, "honesty is our best policy..."