LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Birthday Present filter engine  (Read 2482 times)

February 28, 2016, 04:52:19 PM
Read 2482 times

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Birthday Present filter engine
« on: February 28, 2016, 04:52:19 PM »
Okay, so I'm sure I'm not the first one thinking about this. I want to make a deck using the following combo:

Practically Everyone Was Invited
Birthday Present
Home and Hearth

I know it's limited by the rule of 4. Still fetching 4 hobbits a turn and potentially removing a bunch of burdens is not bad. And of course it'd filter out my freeps side pretty fast, leading to better shadow draws.

Bilbo, Bearer of Things Burgled and dwellings are the easiest way to keep the combo going, but I'm sure there are good alternatives.
Scouring of the Shire is an Obvious must.
Something Slimy is also something I consider mandatory.
A Saved From the Fire version (with BOO potentially) is not out of the question at all.
If you want to use some other [Shire] events aside from PEWI you can use Merry, Resolute Friend to clear them from your discard pile.

What do you guys think, how would you go about this? I'll come up with my own version in a few days time I guess then post it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:54:09 PM by Shelobplayer »

February 28, 2016, 05:31:00 PM
Reply #1

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: Birthday Present filter engine
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 05:31:00 PM »
If you are using Gandalf, On Your Doorstep can get 1 [Shire] card out of your discard pile. And Barliman can get OYD back.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X