LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Expanded strategies for the Southrons (TT + King Standart block)  (Read 14185 times)

March 26, 2016, 05:41:03 PM
Read 14185 times

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
I really like the Southrons shadow side, especially the Ambush ones. Sad part is that Southrons are one of the most potential shadowsides in the LOTR even they were created for 2 blocks. They have a lot of the potential strategies:

1. Archery
2. Skirmish phase wounding
3. Threat Archery
4. Iniative wounding
5. Site control
6. Mumakil
7. Ambush stategy

Except Skirmish wounding and Archery, other strategies arent consistent and depends only on the luck (like site controling).

In this topic I would like to show cards that expanding TT and/or King Standart formats. Mostly strategy for the Site Control and tricks with twilight accumulated by Ambush keyword. I hope you will like it. Later I can start to create the images for the cards, so please, tell me your opinion about this cards.

[2] •More Comming Every Day  [Raider]
Condition
Plays to your support area
Each time a Southron is killed, you may play a Southron from your discard pile. That minion is fierce untill the regroup phase.

[3] Desert Scavenger [Raider]
Minion • Man
Str: 6
Vit: 1
Site: 4
Southron. Ambush 2.
Skirmish: Spot 3 Southrons and remove [2] to make a Southron strength +2 (limit +6).

[3] Arrows from the Haradrim  [Raider]
Event
Archery: Exert a [Raider] archer minion to make the minion archery total +1 for each site you control (limit +3).

[1] Haradrim Arrows  [Raider]
Event
Response: If a companion is killed during the archery phase, spot a Southron to take control of a site.

[3] Beast of Harad  [Raider]
Possession • Mount
Str: +4
Bearer must be a Southron
Bearer is fierce.
Each time bearer wins a fierce skirmish, you may remove [2] to take control of a site. The Free Peoples player may discard a condition to prevent that.

[4] • Serpent Leader  [Raider]
Str: 9
vit: 2
Minion • Man
Southron. Archer.
Archery: Exert this minion and spot another Southron to make the minion archery total +1 for each site you control (limit +2).

[4] Ready for War  [Raider]
Event
Regroup: Spot 2 Southrons to take control of a site.

[1]Mumakil from Harad  [Raider]
Condition
Plays to your support area.
Response: Each time you play a [Raider] mount, you may exert a Southron to draw a card.

[5] • Harad Chieftan [Raider]
Str: 11
Vit: 4
Minion • Man
Southron.
While this minion is mounted, each other Southron is strength +1.

[2] Beasts from the Desert  [Raider]
Condition
Regroup: Remove [3] and exert a Southron to shuffle a [Raider] mount from your discard pile into your draw deck.

[3] Desert Skirmisher [Raider]
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Southron. Ambush 1.
Skirmish: Remove [3] to make a mounted [Raider] Man strength +2.

[3] Haradrim Spearman  [Raider]
Str: 8
Vit: 2
Site Number: 4
Minion • Man
Southron.
While this minion bears a Southron Spear, he gains Ambush 3.

[6] •Harad Legions [Raider]
Str: 13
Sit: 4
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush 1.
While you can spot 2 sites you control, this minion is an archer.
While you can spot 3 sites you control, this minion is strength +3.
While you can spot 4 sites you control, Southrons are fierce.

0 •Harad Road [Raider]
Condition
To play spot a Southron.
If the fellowship is at site 7[Towers], 8[Towers] or 9[Towers], each Southron gains Ambush 1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Southron strength +2.

[9] •Black Serpent Army  [Raider]
Str: 16
Minion • Man
Southron. Archer.
To play, spot a Southron.
This minion is twilight cost -1 for each site you control.
Archery: Liberate a site you control to make the minion archery total +1 for each other [Raider] archer minion you spot (limit once per phase).

[3] Mumakil Archers  [Raider]
Event
Regroup: Spot X Southrons and a site you control to exert X companions.

Abaddon (GEMP).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:56:43 AM by Floydos »

March 29, 2016, 07:02:24 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: New look on the Ambush Southrons
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 07:02:24 AM »
Nice to see some dream cards in here for the first time in a while. Of course, they are rife with spelling errors and there are several nomenclature differences between the game in practice and your wordings. We can work on those.

Whether these cards are available in Towers Block or King Block make a difference. I am going to presume they are King Standard eligible.

(0) •Hordes from the South [Raider]
Condition • Support Area
Each time the Free Peoples player assigns a minion with ambush to an ally, you may play a Southron from your discard pile. That minion's twilight cost is -2.

I decided to mirror Ranks Without Number for this one. Remember that in Towers Block, Southrons have a lot of crowd control options, and Rohan allies (and Treebeard) are often used to absorb big minions. The card needs to be unique (the card you posted could play a great number of Southrons and present a swarm problem).

Your Southron Veterans doesn't play much differently than Southron Invaders, I like the original version's crowd controlling capabilities, and I think that your version--specifically without a limit to the number of times a minion can be replayed--is vastly overpowered. Three vitality makes him impossible to kill in the maneuver phase before he plays at least another minion, and in theory, he could just play another version of himself. Here is a more balanced version to what I think you are trying to do:

[3] •Southron Lookout [Raider]
Strength: 4
Vitality: 2
Ambush [1].
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may spot another Southron to play a minion with ambush from your discard pile.

Again, there is already a version of Desert Runner who is pretty nice. Your version plays during the maneuver phase, before the Shadow player has the opportunity to even make use of the ambush twilight he or she will generate. What about something like Guard Commander?

[3] Desert Mahout [Raider]
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Ambush [1].
Skirmish: Remove [3] to make a mounted minion strength +2.

Desert Guard is just a more expensive version of Desert Spearman, but the ability costs less. I don't think that card even needs to exist. Southrons have plenty of [5] cost, 10 strength, 3 vitality guys.

Fearless Men costs [2] and so you need at least 3 men with Ambush to make a net gain, not to mention it plays in the Skirmish phase. How is this better than Mumakil of the Harad, which can regularly add [6] or more twilight?

I see what you are doing with Serpent Banner, but rather than making it similar to Orc Banner from Fellowship of the Ring, what about making it similar to Banner of Isengard or Banner of the Eye from Ents of Fangorn?

(0) Banner of the Snake [Raider]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must discard a condition for each site you control.

War Calls isn't a bad card. Makes a lot of sense in a Desert Lord deck.

[3] War Calls [Raider]
Event • Regroup
Shuffle a Southron from your discard pile into your draw deck.

I don't know if that should be a Southron with Ambush to prevent Mumak Chieftain and Desert Lord from being eligible, but for the time being let's roll with it.

Haradhrim Hordes is an unnecessary addition to the culture. I get that you really want to be able to shuffle Southrons back into the draw deck, but I don't think this minion is the way to do that. War Calls is a good start there.
-wtk
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:32:03 AM by ket_the_jet »

March 29, 2016, 07:09:29 AM
Reply #2

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 07:09:29 AM »
Thanks for the detailed review. This is always helps!!

March 29, 2016, 07:24:48 AM
Reply #3

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:24:48 AM »
I decided to mirror Ranks Without Number for this one. Remember that in Towers Block, Southrons have a lot of crowd control options, and Rohan allies (and Treebeard) are often used to absorb big minions. The card needs to be unique (the card you posted could play a great number of Southrons and present a swarm problem).

The card I posted is (not from my point of view) potential swarm. You have to exert to play, that means, FP still have many options, Baruk Kazad, Quick, Defend it and hope. Then comes archery or skirmish wounding.  Yes, it maybe should be to order to do its ability to discard that condition, to prevent swarm problem. Yes, I like your version of Hordes from the South.

Your Southron Veterans doesn't play much differently than Southron Invaders, I like the original version's crowd controlling capabilities, and I think that your version--specifically without a limit to the number of times a minion can be replayed--is vastly overpowered. Three vitality makes him impossible to kill in the maneuver phase before he plays at least another minion, and in theory, he could just play another version of himself.

My version of Veterans: I decided to make it unique to prevent the "replaying" himself, but i forgot the line, exert him twice. Vitality 3 is then more logic.

Again, there is already a version of Desert Runner who is pretty nice. Your version plays during the maneuver phase, before the Shadow player has the opportunity to even make use of the ambush twilight he or she will generate.

I decided to make it work like I posted the card? Why? Southrons can generate twilight in the manuevers with Mumakil of the Harad, Hosts still unfought, Southron Bandit and etc.  Still I like your version of the mahout.

0 Banner of the Snake Raider
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must discard a condition for each site you control.

Site control with Southrons? Almost impossible. You have 2 minions, who are expensive, require spot to play and their exert twice in regroup is not that good. Everything can protect it from do it. Especially horses, the Eowyns´s Sword, Merry and etc. The last minion is 5/3 who have surivive into the regroup remove 5 and exert. I think, strenght pump is needed for the Southrons and with the combination with Ambush, it really can do its stuff.

What about:
 [2] • Serpent Banner  [Raider]
Possession
Each time a companion or ally loses a skirmish involving a Southron, make Free Peoples player wound a companion (except the Ringbearer)

It is cheaper, unique version of the Howl of Harad what is usable even vs non RB decks.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:36:53 AM by Floydos »

March 30, 2016, 12:42:40 PM
Reply #4

Styx

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 12:42:40 PM »
I took a look on your cards, so here comes my review:

To expand the regroup site control exerting Southrons I decided to create cards:

[3] Southron Shaman  [Raider]
Minion • Man
Ambush  [1]
Regroup: Remove  [2] to heal a Southron

I don't think this card is necessary.

Possession • Mount
When bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove  [2] to heal him.

Same goes for this card. I am not a big fan of minion healing mechanic. It can be usefull, especially if you take "healing" as unique raider mechanic.

[4] •Serpent leader  [Raider]
Minion • Man
Archer
Archery: When you can spot another Southron, exert this minion to make minion archery total +1 for each site you control (limit +2).

I like this card. Is unique, playable and would find a spot in yellow archery deck. Imo, well designed.

[5] Arrows from the Haradrim  [Raider]
Event
Archery: Exert a Southron archer to make minion archery total for each threat (limit +3)

Another nicely designed and balanced card. But i'd like you to focus on one archery mechanic - threats or site control. Not both. Choice is up to you.

[3] Harad Arrows  [Raider]
Event
Archery: Spot mounted  [Raider] Man to make minion archery total +1 for each companion over 4 (limit +3).

Unplayable card. Requires a SP to spot either a mount and certain number of companions. Too expensive and too conditional. Most of the time it would be adding +1 archery.

(0) Strenght in Numbers  [Raider]
Condition • Support area
To play spot a Southron
At the start of the skirmish phase, discard this condition to add  [1] for each Southron with Ambush.

Good one, but personally i would change wording a bit: "Assignment: discard this condition to add [1] for each minion with Ambush. Current wording forces you to discard this card at the start of a first skirmish phase, which is not useful. Or you can just add "you may" condition.

[4]Southron Veterans
Minion • Man
Southron
Ambush 1
Manuevers: When you can spot another Southron, exert this minion twice to play Southron with Ambush from discard pile.

Just not. I'd rather like to see some card that allows you to play a minion during skirmish phase. Once a pool from ambush has been collected. Then give that minion a fierce.

[2] Desert Runner
Minion • Man
Southron
Ambush 2
Manuevers: Spot 3 Southrons, remove  [3] to make each Southron strenght +1 untill the regroup phase.

Dunno. Have no opinion of this card. Seems solid, yet too expensive. Playtesting required.

[2] Fearless men
Event
Skirmish: Exert companion skirmishing Southron.

Useless. Whirling Strike costs [3] and wounds companion

[3] War Calls
Event
Regroup: Shuffle Southron from discard pile into the drawdeck.

Useless. Ships of Great Draught are much better, cheaper, lets you cycle your hand and stays on a table.

Event

If you decide to develop Southron site control mechanic, that would be a decent card.

Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a  [Raider] mount, exert a Southron to draw a card.

Should says: you may exert a Southron to... It's ok.

[5] •Mahud Chieftan  [Raider]
Strenght: 11
Vitality: 4
Minion • Man
Southron
When is this minion mounted, each other Southron is str +2
Skirmish: Exert this minion twice to discard Free Peoples player mount. Free Peoples player may exert it´s bearer twice to prevent that.

Strenght bonus seems to be strong. His stats makes him an auto include to any Southron deck. But skirmish ability... Let's be honest, it's not worth a spot. Overall, quiet good card.

[2] Beast from the Desert  [Raider]
Condition • Support Area
Shadow: Remove  [1] and play  [Raider] mount to add  [Raider] token here.
Regroup: Remove  [Raider] token from here and discard a Southron to shuffle  [Raider] mount from discard pile into your drawdeck.

If it only could shuffle mounts from battlefield and discard pile into draw deck, would be golden :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:44:25 PM by Styx »

March 30, 2016, 01:21:05 PM
Reply #5

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »
Thank you very much. I will make corrections and upgrades of the cards. Thanks for usefull feedback.

March 30, 2016, 11:37:46 PM
Reply #6

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 11:37:46 PM »
I made slight modifications, feel free to comment.

October 15, 2016, 08:35:08 AM
Reply #7

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Re: Expanded strategies for the Southrons (TT + King Standart block)
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 08:35:08 AM »
I'm not sure you read over your cards :(. There were a lot of mistakes. I correct them.

The cards are fun ;), but I'm not a big fan of pure dreamcards, because I don't know how to balance them in a metagame.

Strengh in Numbers already exists in TTT block.

[2] • More Comming Every Day  [Raider]
Condition • Support area
Each time a Southron is killed, you may play a Southron from your discard pile. That minion is fierce untill the regroup phase.

[3] Desert Runner
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [2].
Skirmish: Spot 3 Southrons and remove [2] to make a Southron strength +2 (limit +6).

[3] Arrows from the Haradrim  [Raider]
Event
Archery: Exert a [Raider] archer to make the minion archery total +1 for each site you control (limit +3).

[1] Harad Arrows  [Raider]
Event
Response: If a companion is killed during the archery phase, spot a Southron to take control of a site.

Possession • Mount
Bearer is fierce.
Each time bearer wins a fierce skirmish, you may remove [2] to take control of a site. The Free Peoples player may discard a condition to prevent that.

[4] • Serpent Leader  [Raider]
Minion • Man
Southron. Archer.
Archery: Exert this minion and spot another Southron to make the minion archery total +1 for each site you control (limit +2).

Event

Condition • Support Area
Each time you play a [Raider] mount, you may exert a Southron to draw a card.

[5] • Harad Chieftan  [Raider]
Str: 11
Minion • Man
Southron.
While this minion is mounted, each other Southron is strength +2.

[2] Beasts from the Desert  [Raider]
Condition • Support Area
Regroup: Remove [3] and exert a Southron to shuffle a [Raider] mount from your discard pile into your draw deck.

[3] Desert Harad Raider
Str: 7
Southron. Ambush [1].
Skirmish: Remove [3] to make a mounted [Raider] Man strength +2.

[3] Harad Spearman  [Raider]
Minion • Man
Southron.
While this minion bears a Southron Spear, he gains Ambush [3].

[6] • Harad Legions
Str: 13
Sit: 4
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [1].
While you can spot 2 sites you control, this minion is an archer.
While you can spot 3 sites you control, this minion is strength +3.
While you can spot 4 sites you control, Southrons are fierce.

[1] Battle Frenzy  [Raider]
Event • Maneuver
Exert a mounted Southron to discard a Free Peoples mount. The Free Peoples player may add [2] to prevent that.

(0) • Harad Road [Raider]
Condition • Support Area
To play spot a Southron
If the fellowship is at site 7(Towers), 8 (Towers) or 9(Towers), each Southron gains Ambush [1].
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a Southron strength +2.

[9] • Black Serpent Army  [Raider]
Str: 16
Minion • Man
Southron. Archer.
This minion is twilight cost -1 for each site you control.
Archery: Liberate a site you control to make the minion archery total +1 for each other [Raider] archer you spot (limit once per phase).

[3] Bow from Far Harad  [Raider]
Possession • Ranged weapon
Beare is an archer.
While you can spot a site you control, the minion archery total is +1.

[3] Mumakil Archers  [Raider]
Event • Regroup
Spot X Southrons and a site you control to exert X companions.

I hope this will help you.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:42:08 AM by -Enola- »
Hobbit Draft Game : http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr

October 15, 2016, 12:59:35 PM
Reply #8

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »
Thanks Enola! Im not fun of the "complete" dream cards too, but the situation about Southrons with too much unfinished possible strategies "forced" me to create cards like these. Catch is, that im not able to correctly gametest to figure out what is crap and what is not.

October 21, 2016, 04:55:26 AM
Reply #9

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 04:55:26 AM »
Hi, this thread is not dead  ;)

Some time passed and I came up with another card ideas (please note, these cards "enchance" the Towers Set Southrons, with a little touch of RoTK.

This time, I want to focus on the twilight generated by Ambush Southrons, Bow with Ambush and Mumak, what generates twilight for winning skirmishes.

[2] Numbers Are Their Weapon [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Make a Southron strength +1 for each twilight token you spot (limit +5) or make a [Raider] Man strength +3.

[3] Flanking Tactics [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Exert a Southron (or remove [3] and spot another Southron) to play a Southron from your discard pile. That Southron is fierce and gains ambush [1] untill the regroup phase.

[4] Desert Flanker [Raider]
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [1]
Strength: 9
Vitality: 1
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may play Southron with ambush from your discard pile. That minion is fierce.

[4] More Coming Every Day [Raider]
Event
Regroup: Spot X Southrons to shuffle X Southrons from your discard pile into the draw deck.

[2] •Under Suladan´s  Command [Raider]
Condition
Response: Each time a companion or ally loses a skirmish involving a Southron, you may remove [4] to wound that companion or ally.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:33:48 AM by Floydos »

October 25, 2016, 05:20:45 AM
Reply #10

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 05:20:45 AM »
It looks like you've gotten plenty of feedback on your first set of cards, so I'll look over the second set. And I'm pretty sure I know what inspired it, after I left you 26 twilight that one game :P

Hi, this thread is not dead  ;)

Some time passed and I came up with another card ideas (please note, these cards "enchance" the Towers Set Southrons, with a little touch of RoTK.

This time, I want to focus on the twilight generated by Ambush Southrons, Bow with Ambush and Mumak, what generates twilight for winning skirmishes.

[2] Numbers Are Their Weapon [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Make a Southron strength +1 for each twilight token you spot (limit +5) or make a [Raider] Man strength +2.

The alternative should make a [Raider] Man strength +3. You have to pay the cost before you use the effect (just like Under the Living Earth). For shadow players, that means you need to have at least 7 twilight in the pool for the full effect - spot 5 after you pay 2. Strength +3 is on par with the other events, otherwise I wouldn't include this card (same reason I don't use Fearless unless I'm quite certain I'll be putting a ton of burdens on the free player).

[3] Flanking Tactics [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Exert a Southron to play a Southron from your discard pile. That Southron is fierce and gains ambush [1] untill the regroup phase.

I'd append this card to "Exert a Southron (or remove [2])..." or else it becomes one more card that's nearly impossible to use against Rohan, who has a huge presence in TT. Other than that, a fine idea, especially since TT Southrons aren't fierce without mounts. With my edit (and perhaps a big disadvantage to it), one could play a ton of small southrons, get the ambush twilight, then play Army of Haradrim, Southron Troop, or Regiment of Haradrim from discard. This would still be possible with Southron Explorer without my edit, just harder to pull off (nearly impossible IMO against Rohan, and I don't think they need to be strong against more cards).

[3] Desert Flanker [Raider]
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [1]
Strength: 9
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may play Southron with ambush from your discard pile. That minion is fierce.

I like this minion. A Wild Man of Dunland for Southrons. I would increase his cost to [4] or remove his ambush, though - Winning a skirmish with 9 str and 1 vitality, as Dunland shows, is a fairly reasonable thing to do, and right now he's a better Southron Invaders (especially considering when he gets to use up the twilight!)

[4] More Coming Every Day [Raider]
Event
Regroup: Spot X Southrons to shuffle X Southrons from your discard pile into the draw deck.

I like it! Somewhat goes against the synergy of playing from discard, but it'll use the minions you played from discard to put more in your deck. Great for the late game when decks are running low.

[2] •Under Suladan´s Command [Raider]
Condition
While you can spot 4 twilight tokens, each Southron is strength + 2.

This card sounds a little too powerful. It's a better, permanent version of Southron Intruder, and if combined 4 twilight makes each Southron strength +3. Even if not, it doesn't take much to get another 4 twilight in the pool, and +2 is a pretty big free buff. I know it means you may have to forgo using other abilities, but once you lose your overwhelm chance you can unload (or use some events and get str for one). Or spot 6 twilight and use an event for 5+ strength total. Since these cards are about what to do with all that extra twilight, I would suggest adding a twilight cost. Perhaps: "While you can spot 4 twilight tokens, you may remove [1]/[2] to make a Southron strength +2 (limit +2)." This way, you have to give up something. Even with a [2] cost, I'd still put 3-4 copies in my Southron decks because it's a guaranteed event I can use on my Southrons. Maybe even up the twilight spot cost?

Anyway, nice ideas!

October 25, 2016, 09:55:23 AM
Reply #11

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »
Another pair of the cards!!!

[2] Wicked Men [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Exert a Southron to play a [Raider] mount from your discard pile.

[6] Southron Flanker [Raider]
Strength: 10
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [2]
While you can spot 2 Southrons, this minion´s twilight cost is -2.

[3] Southron Attacker [Raider]
Strength: 6
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [1].

[5] Ferocious Attack [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Make a Southron strength +1  for each Man with ambush you spot.

[1] •Outnumbering Tactics [Raider]
Condition
To play spot a Southron.
Response: Each time a Fellowship moving during the regroup phase, you may discard this contition to draw a card for each Man with ambush you spot.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:50:19 AM by Floydos »

October 28, 2016, 02:14:38 AM
Reply #12

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2016, 02:14:38 AM »
Hi guys... despite I did not recieve any review on the new cards for Southron subculture fot the Two Towers set, I came with another ideas. Mostly, I want to focus on the Ambush strategy but maybe some cards can enchance the [Raider] mounts strategy.

So let´s look on the cards!!!

[5] Southron Guard [Raider]
Strength: 11
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [1].
Manuever: Exert this minion to make another Southron ambush [1].

[4] Haradrim Sneak [Raider]
Strength: 8
Minion • Man
Southron. Fierce.
Each time is this minion assigned to skirmish with a Man, it gains ambush [2].

[6] Answering to the Call [Raider]
Event
Response: Each time is a companion killed in skirmish involving a Southron, make all Southrons fierce untill the regroup phase. At the start of the regroup phase, discard all Southrons.

[3] Mumakil Charge [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Make a mounted [Raider] Man strength +2 for each wound on companion he is skirmishing.

[2] Strike from the Desert [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Make a mounted [Raider] Man strength +1. If a companion loses this skirmish to that Man, you may exert that companion.

[4] Mumak Raider [Raider]
Minion • Man
Southron.
While is this minion mounted, he is Damage +2.

[2] •Haradrim Legions [Raider]
Condition
While you can spot 4 twilight tokens, each Southron is strength +1.
Discard this condition during the regroup phase.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:03:24 AM by Floydos »

October 28, 2016, 04:38:42 AM
Reply #13

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 04:38:42 AM »
Hi guys... despite I did not recieve any review on the new cards for Southron subculture fot the Two Towers set, I came with another ideas. Mostly, I want to focus on the Ambush strategy but maybe some cards can enchance the [Raider] mounts strategy.

So let´s look on the cards!!!

[5] Southron Guard [Raider]
Strength: 11
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [1].
Manuever: Exert this minion to make another Southron ambush [1].

[4] Haradrim Sneak [Raider]
Minion • Man
Southron. Fierce.
Each time is this minion assigned to skirmish with a Man, it gains ambush [2].
The first minion fits the Mumakil strategy well, but isn't worth the cost until Seasoned Leader in Movie. The second is already fierce so wouldn't need a Mumakil, but is a very playable minion. However, I'm most interested in the third card here:
[5] Answering to the Call [Raider]
Event
Response: Each time is a companion killed, make all Southrons fierce untill the regroup phase. At the start of the regroup phase, discard all Southrons.

I would probably never use this card in a mumakil deck, but I would throw this into any other [Raider] deck. I think this is a great card - it's unexpected and it's powerful. And yet, it's balanced. You've got to have (5) in the pool and kill someone, and you lose the minions you put down. However, with Southrons, you should have enough twilight left on the table to discourage a double move. I might even bump the cost up to (6), however it's a very cool card regardless.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:33:21 AM by Phallen Cassidy »

October 28, 2016, 07:41:53 AM
Reply #14

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 07:41:53 AM »
[3] Mumakil Charge [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Make a mounted [Raider] Man strength +2 for each wound on companion he is skirmishing.

Decently expensive twilight and spotting costs (mounted minion skirmishing a wounded companion). Won't be better than most events with big minions since companions will probably have only one wound on them anyway, but can give those little mounted minions +4 when they need it to get a kill. Very situational, might not be better than the other (2) cost +3 strength events, but nice.

[2] Strike from the Desert [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Make a mounted [Raider] Man strength +1. If a companion loses this skirmish to that Man, you may exert that companion.

Very good! Hardly impacts the skirmish, but effectively makes a minion damage +1 which can make the fierce skirmish very dangerous.

[4] Mumak Raider [Raider]
Minion • Man
Southron.
While is this minion mounted, he is Damage +2.

A useful Goblin Spearman. I like it.

[2] •Haradrim Legions [Raider]
Condition
While you can spot 4 twilight tokens, each Southron is strength +1.
Discard this condition during the regroup phase.

I dunno about this one. You're having to remove (2), and then spot (4) to use it. Still, when combined with the right cards, that +1 will mean an overwhelm. Definitely situational, but it might be worth a copy in a deck.