LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Expanded strategies for the Southrons (TT + King Standart block)  (Read 14214 times)

October 29, 2016, 07:11:05 AM
Reply #15

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Expanded strategies for the Southrons (TT + King Standart block)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 07:11:05 AM »
Hi, so it is another nice day, so why not add another cards for the Southrons??  ;)

[3] Look, it is an Oliphaunt! [Raider]
Event
Skirmish: Play [Raider] mount from your discard pile.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:27:32 PM by Floydos »

October 30, 2016, 07:34:39 AM
Reply #16

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 07:34:39 AM »
[4] Mumak Raider [Raider]
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Site: 4
Minion • Man
Southron.
While is this minion mounted, he is Damage +2.
Damage + 2 is too much, as the minion will already be fierce and strength 11 with a mumak. That makes him more dangerous than most uruks, and able to inflict more damage than Saruman or a Balrog! Granted, his vitality is low, but not every fellowship has Greenleaf, and Southrons have wound protection anyway. Damage + 1 would be better.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

October 30, 2016, 10:28:58 AM
Reply #17

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 10:28:58 AM »
@Dictionary: These cards are mainly for the TT set, where you mostly face Rohan or Ring-bound Men and it is easily killable or counterable.

For Example:

The Towers Standard Set
Legolas, Greenleaf + The Tale of Gil-galad
Aragorn's Bow
Armor
Quick As May Be
Defend It And Hope
Baruk Khazad

The Towers set
Roll of Thunder
King's Mail
Arrow-slits
Ring-Bound Rangers direct wounding
Rohirrim Helm

Movie Set
All mentioned above + big big tanks like Durin III, Cirdan, Gil-galad, Elven High King etc etc
Preparations
Legolas, Greenleaf + The Tale of Gil-galad + Aiglos
Elven Archery
Elven Telepathy
Knights
King of the Dead + his wrights
Eowyn's Sword, Dernhelm's Blade

And it is total cost of 6 to "unleash" his power.

What about different version of Mumak Raider?

[3] Mumak Raider [Raider]
Strength: 8
Vitality: 2
Minion • Man
Southron.
Each time this minion is mounted and wins a skirmish, you may remove [2] to exert a companion he is skirmishing.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 08:50:09 AM by Floydos »

November 01, 2016, 02:52:49 PM
Reply #18

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »
Well naturally having only 2 vitality does make him susceptible to wounding, but that's not really my point. Every card released by Decipher can be countered, even the strongest cards like High King of the Noldor.
My concern is more that, for a mere 6 twilight, he is extremely dangerous, able to cause as much devastation as a Cave Troll or Uruk Vanguard, but much easier to get out and playable in multiples.
He will be strength 11 when mounted, which is higher than most towers companions can get to without pumps (Assuming you have Wormtongue), and you may have strength boosts of your own. Also, while 2 vitality is low, the Free Peoples player may have to constantly snipe him with wounding to keep him off the table, which can be a drain on resources.

While Phallen's comparison to Goblin Spearman is an apt one, I fear there are crucial difference between the two. Goblin Spearman's vitality is only 1, which makes him much easier to pick off, his strength is only 8 with spear, which will lose most skirmishes without pumps, and [Moria] also has less wound prevention than [Raider]. Finally, Goblin Spearman will never be fierce. Goblin Spearman is too weak, but even if he had, for example, 2 or 3 extra strength, I feel the minion would be balanced (Especially in Towers, thanks to Wormtongue)

In any case, these are just my thoughts on the matter. These are your cards, to do with as you deem fit. I like the alternate version of the raider too :)
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

November 02, 2016, 12:13:54 AM
Reply #19

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 12:13:54 AM »
Well naturally having only 2 vitality does make him susceptible to wounding, but that's not really my point. Every card released by Decipher can be countered, even the strongest cards like High King of the Noldor.
My concern is more that, for a mere 6 twilight, he is extremely dangerous, able to cause as much devastation as a Cave Troll or Uruk Vanguard, but much easier to get out and playable in multiples.
He will be strength 11 when mounted, which is higher than most towers companions can get to without pumps (Assuming you have Wormtongue), and you may have strength boosts of your own. Also, while 2 vitality is low, the Free Peoples player may have to constantly snipe him with wounding to keep him off the table, which can be a drain on resources.

While Phallen's comparison to Goblin Spearman is an apt one, I fear there are crucial difference between the two. Goblin Spearman's vitality is only 1, which makes him much easier to pick off, his strength is only 8 with spear, which will lose most skirmishes without pumps, and [Moria] also has less wound prevention than [Raider]. Finally, Goblin Spearman will never be fierce. Goblin Spearman is too weak, but even if he had, for example, 2 or 3 extra strength, I feel the minion would be balanced (Especially in Towers, thanks to Wormtongue)

In any case, these are just my thoughts on the matter. These are your cards, to do with as you deem fit. I like the alternate version of the raider too :)

Well, Im happy to hear/read opinion of another people. More eyes see more :) Im really happy for your feedback!!!!

November 04, 2016, 07:26:15 AM
Reply #20

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 07:26:15 AM »
Hi guys, it is time for another Southron cards!!!

[2] Southron Deceiver [Raider]
Strength: 4
Vitality: 1
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [1].
Each time the fellowship moves, you may spot another Southron to play a Southron from discard pile. (Limit once per turn).

[6] •Southron Rear Guards [Raider]
Strength: 13
Vitality: 4
Minion • Man
Southron.
To play spot a Southron.
When this minion is about to enter play from the discard pile, you may make it twilight cost -6 and it comes into play exhausted.

[1] •From Deserts of Far Harad [Raider]
Condition
Plays to the support area.
Each time a Southron wins a skirmish involving a Ring-bound Man, you may remove [2] make another Southron strength +2 untill the regroup phase.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:01:50 AM by Floydos »

November 05, 2016, 03:34:02 PM
Reply #21

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »
A quick and little review:

Hi guys, it is time for another Southron cards!!!

[2] Southron Deceiver [Raider]
Strength: 4
Vitality: 1
Minion • Man
Southron. Ambush [1].
Each time the fellowship moves, you may spot another Southron to play a Southron from discard pile. (Limit once per turn).

I dont this one is worth it. it should live through the assault, as well as another southron to have an effect.
[6] •Southron Rear Guards [Raider]
Strength: 13
Vitality: 4
Minion • Man
Southron.
To play spot a Southron.
While you play this minion from discard pile, you may exhaust this minion to make it´s twilight cost -6.

I would rewrite this as: when this minion is about to enter play from the discard pile, you may make it twilight cost -6 and it comes into play exhausted. Interesting card if there are good ways to play such minions.

[1] •From Deserts of Far Harad [Raider]
Condition
Plays to the support area.
Each time a Southron wins a skirmish involving a Ring-bound Man, you may remove [2] make another Southron strength +2.

Add: "until the start of the regroup phase", or else the bonus is inmediately lost at the end of the current skrimish.

November 07, 2016, 02:59:35 AM
Reply #22

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 02:59:35 AM »
Thanks for the review!

@Southron Deciever

Some minions "created" before can replay minions from discard pile, so this minion could be replayed in fierce skirmish, so you can pull him from discard, and then it could stop fellowship from doublemove.

@•Southron Rear Guard
This "big boy" can be replayed via Deciever of some minions "created" before. So via Deciever it could be kinda "surprise", balance is that shadowplayer can lower his cost but in the cost of exerting (most my "new" Southrons are created for the TT set and higher), so he can be killed by the let´s say Greenleaf, Quick as May Be, Defend it and hope and etc etc.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 10:57:29 AM by Floydos »

November 08, 2016, 06:26:55 AM
Reply #23

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 06:26:55 AM »
Time for another cards, YEEEEY!!! (Transport Fever PC game is my eater of time)  :P

[4] •Leader of the Herd [Raider]
Possession • Mount
Strength: +3
Bearer must be a Southron.
Bearer is fierce.
Response: Each time bearer wins a fierce skirmish, you may remove [3] to play a Southron from discard pile.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:23:07 PM by Floydos »

November 09, 2016, 05:58:35 AM
Reply #24

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 05:58:35 AM »
[4] •Leader of the Herd [Raider]
Possession • Mount
Strength: +3
Vitality: +1
Bearer is fierce.
Skirmish: Spot 6 companions and exert bearer to wound a companion he is skirmishing twice.
Interesting idea, but I think the extra vitality will have unintended consequences for Southrons. Southron Archery will of course benefit, but even more will Southron Wanderer, Southron Veterans, and Southron Fighter. Southrons already have the best big fellowship hate in TT, so I don't think this is necessary.

[2] Deadly Javelin [Raider]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Archery: Discard this possession to wound a companion (except the Ring-bearer).

This one's just too much. Desert Lord can now kill almost any companion by itself in one turn, with little time for the Free People's to react. Even with an exert cost, this one's an auto-include in almost every Southron deck, since even low-cost cards like Desert Warrior can kill whoever they want much easier.