LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Arrows Thick in the Air  (Read 3340 times)

March 28, 2016, 03:03:00 AM
Read 3340 times

DeWolf

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Arrows Thick in the Air
« on: March 28, 2016, 03:03:00 AM »
If i have 2 companions with ranger cloak on and the +2 site number effect of the cloak is active (making my opponents minions roaming) does that count once they have been assigned to a skirmish or only during their individual skirmish phase? Can I use arrows thick in the air during the first skirmish phase and have it wound both minions assigned to my two companions? Or would it only wound the minion in the current skirmish phase? I have the same questions when it comes to Ancient Roads and Gondorian Prowler

March 28, 2016, 06:13:04 AM
Reply #1

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Arrows Thick in the Air
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:13:04 AM »
Only the minion in the current skirmish phase you are resolving is "skirmishing", the others are merely assigned. So Ancient Roads and Ranger's Cloak only apply to the current skirmish, and Arrows Thick in the Air would only affect the minion currently skirmishing.

Regarding Gondorian Prowler, he says he can make the site number of any minion +2, so he could make one of the minions not skirmishing +2 using his ability, in preparation for Arrows Thick in the Air, but this effect would only last throughout the current skirmish, so when you transition to the other minion's skirmish, its site number would have reverted. This is because skirmish events and abilities last for one skirmish phase, and each minion's skirmish is a separate skirmish phase.

So Arrows Thick in the Air works best against naturally roaming minions, although effects that make minions roam until the Regroup phase (Anborn, Second Level or Madril, DoO) would also help this card.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

March 28, 2016, 06:21:28 AM
Reply #2

DeWolf

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 06:21:28 AM »
Thank you for the informative answer. I guess if it worked the other way it would be a bit too good. I'll take a look at the other cards you suggested.

March 31, 2016, 02:18:32 PM
Reply #3

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 02:18:32 PM »
Gondorian Ranger will trigger it alike Madril DoO or Second Level, as his skill works with all minions that are assigned to a RB man (whether their skirmishes are the current or not).

New Errand works like Gondorian Prowler, and besides increasing site number it'll give you a chance to wound, which stacks with Arrows Thick in the Air. That's an incredibly underrated card, as it gives any deck access to direct wounding by merely using a [Gondor] Ringbearer (if you don't play RB rangers from the very start).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:22:20 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

April 01, 2016, 06:43:19 AM
Reply #4

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 06:43:19 AM »
Gondorian Ranger will trigger it alike Madril DoO or Second Level, as his skill works with all minions that are assigned to a RB man (whether their skirmishes are the current or not).
To clarify, Gondorian Ranger will trigger Arrows Thick in the Air during the skirmish phase. The card is worthless during the archery phase without one of the aforementioned cards (or while naturally roaming).
-wtk

April 02, 2016, 08:00:24 AM
Reply #5

DeWolf

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 08:00:24 AM »
A lot of interesting ideas guys. I don't really play, I just like to collect and deck build for the fun of it but maybe I'll post my gondor rb deck sometime for feedback. What cards are normally used to generate threats for madril?

April 03, 2016, 06:46:24 AM
Reply #6

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 06:46:24 AM »
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.