LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ways to discard your own draw deck  (Read 2980 times)

May 04, 2016, 12:01:59 PM
Read 2980 times

Marcoliboar

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
Ways to discard your own draw deck
« on: May 04, 2016, 12:01:59 PM »
I was wondering what are the best cards, in movie format, to discard your own draw deck in one turn like  Ever My Heart Rises ?

And why i can't do the same thing with Beneath the Mountains ? o.O

May 04, 2016, 12:55:00 PM
Reply #1

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: Ways to discard your own draw deck
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »
The problem is that Beneath the Mountains makes you play a [Dwarven] weapon from discard or from hand. And the rules state that if you use an effect to play a card from discard pile, that card must be there first and must be played. Alike They Are Coming, which can't just discard 3 to merely cycle (if you don't have a Goblin).

Realm of Dwarrowdelf is a good option too. Besides ditching your deck, makes Gimli really hard to kill, which is awesome with both Bearer of Grudges and Feared Axeman.

EDIT: Rule explanation corrected above. That rule includes playing from hand. Actions that play cards from hand need too that card to be already on that location. For example, Bilbo BotB needs to have a [Shire] tale in hand to use his regroup skill, you cannot use it just to add burdens (for TSC) in absense of [Shire] tales in hand that can be played (TABA doesn't count if you have another copy in play, due to its uniqueness).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:44:23 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

May 06, 2016, 01:32:57 PM
Reply #2

Marcoliboar

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 01:32:57 PM »
Ah soooo

You learn something new every day :)

Realm of Dwarrowdelf is good option to, i will try it.

Ever My Heart Rises tends to stack shadow cards that i need to shuffle in my deck for that 7 card kiler combo via Preparations and  Rest by Blind Night.

May 06, 2016, 03:55:54 PM
Reply #3

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 03:55:54 PM »
Yes, EMHR is useful to stack Shadow cards. Here are some ideas you might consider:

If you are using an Elf, you can use The Council of Elrond to play from deck Ever My Heart Rises or Here Is Good Rock, in order to start Realm of Dwarrowdelf or Preparations with site 1 instead of those. Galadriel LR is great for that purpose.

Gandalf LoM + SftF can burn Galadriel and get The Council of Elrond + an Elf (Elrond HtGG?) + another [Elven] card of your choice (Shoulder to Shoulder? Vilya? ;)). Then you play The Council of Elrond to get EMHR or HIGR. That's a lot of twilight (6 to 8, + the Elf and other [Elven] card) but is often worth.

Those Stacking Dwarven decks also work really nice if you can clear 4 FP slots for 4x Toss Me. Here Is Good Rock can stack them at the perfect time to get both permanent strength and temporary damage. But that doesn't mix too well with the Gandalf/Elves combo mentioned above, too many combos swelling the deck.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

May 06, 2016, 05:36:24 PM
Reply #4

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

May 06, 2016, 06:32:17 PM
Reply #5

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:32:17 PM »
+ Galadriel LR + Gandalf LoM + SftF? Besides burning Galadriel, SftF can burn Sam to get you Shire tricks like Tom Bombadil (to get another Ring from deck, like Narya), NFFatRoD, Old Noakes (discard can hurt you A LOT), or Pippin HoSI + Make Haste.

Storm of Argument =P~. I love that card! :D Especially in FOTR block.