LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Movie - Hobbit (FP only)  (Read 2990 times)

August 04, 2016, 02:38:42 PM
Read 2990 times

Markster

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Movie - Hobbit (FP only)
« on: August 04, 2016, 02:38:42 PM »
Frodo, Old Bilbo Heir
Answer to All the Riddles

Free People (41)
•   Sam, Great Elf Warrior (starting)
•   Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (starting)
•   Merry, From Oer The Brandywine (starting)
•   Aragorn, Ranger of the North
•   2x  Gandalf, Mithrandir
•   2x Bounder
•   Farmor Maggot
•   The Gaffer
•   Rosie Cotton
•   2x Hobbit Party Guest
•   3x Brace of Coneys
•   3x Hobbit Sword
•   Sting, Bane of Eight Legs
•   Mithril Coat
•   Grown Suddenly Tall
•   3x Hobbit Appetite
•   3x Power According to their Stature
•   3x A Promise
•   2x A Talent for Not Being Seen
•   3x Escape
•   3x Everyone Knows
•   2x Tale of the Great Ring

Trying out Hobbits...any suggestions?

August 05, 2016, 01:08:00 PM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Movie - Hobbit (FP only)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:08:00 PM »
Gandalf, Mithrandir and Grown Suddenly Tall do not seem to fit the deck. I understand the damage +1 can be helpful, but Grown Suddenly Tall will wipe out your support area with those crucial A Promise, Everyone Knows, and The Tale of the Great Ring. As an alternative, Bilbo, Well-Spoken Gentlehobbit plays well with the tales already in your deck, and Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad with Vilya can supply some additional support.

The Bilbo run also allows you to extend your hand with Red Book of Westmarch and potentially reduce twilight with Consorting with Wizards. Great cards in a tale-centric Hobbit Hospital. Additionally, you can utilize Bilbo to tutor your other allies with Practically Everyone Was Invited.

I feel like certain cards are missing from the hobbit run, such as Chance Observation and Narrow Escape (a fine alternative to damage bonuses). Boromir, Son of Denethor is a solid late-game [Shire] boost if you need him.

Hobbit Appetite is terrible and there are better ways to remove burdens than Brace of Coneys (which are fodder for Corsair Marauder) such as Nine-Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom. With Nine-Fingered and a full support area, So Fair, So Desperate can be a fun play.

Where is There and Back Again?
-wtk

August 05, 2016, 02:53:48 PM
Reply #2

Markster

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Re: Movie - Hobbit (FP only)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 02:53:48 PM »
Thanks for the input. I knew I was missing some key Hobbit cards that I didn't think of.  I'll try throwing in a bunch of Bilbo related cards to beef it up! Its hard to keep the numbers down though.