LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Changelings = Artifacts?  (Read 10599 times)

October 17, 2008, 09:46:13 AM
Read 10599 times

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Changelings = Artifacts?
« on: October 17, 2008, 09:46:13 AM »
Well...it would seem to  me that every creature type would include creature- artifact. So, cards that reference artifact creatures would act the same as those that elf creatures or goblin creatures.

Right?
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

October 17, 2008, 11:08:01 PM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: Changelings = Artifacts?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:08:01 PM »
Wrong. There are card types, and then there are creature types. The card types are:

Land
Sorcery
Instant
Enchantment
Artifact
Creature
Tribal
Planeswalker

Some types can be combined, and then there are also supertypes. So, by todays rules, there's no such thing as "Creature - Legend" like we had in the old days. "Legendary" became a supertype, so every such creature received errata to read "Legendary Creature - ____", as they decided that simply reading "Creature" did not suffice anymore for flavor and design reasons (to which I agree). Same happened with artifact creatures, since they decide to do this change in templates. So, if you go into gatherer and look Ornithopter's older versions, it reads "Artifact Creature", while nowadays it reads "Artifact Creature - Thopter". So artifact is a CARD type, not a CREATURE type, and changelings do not affect that. Also, this change in the rules was what got rid of the "Wall" type. Back in the day, "Wall" ALREADY meant the creature could not attack, but nowadays, all "Walls" received errata as to also have defender (check Mistform Ultimus first printing, his reminder text, and the latest one in Time Spiral). Otherwise, by the old rules, not only changelings would not be able to attack (they ARE Walls after all), but also they'd all be legendary (since Legend was a type).
Mycosinth Latice will do the trick, though. ;)