LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: burden insanity......  (Read 3836 times)

October 26, 2008, 04:52:14 AM
Read 3836 times

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
burden insanity......
« on: October 26, 2008, 04:52:14 AM »
Insanity, just because this deck might very well not work...insanity as well, because it might work...and if it does..well, sweetnes!  :uh-huh:

*The One Ring, The Ring of Rings (11R1)
*Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms (RB)(9R+33)

Sites
(0) The Angle (12U185)
(0) Abandoned Mine Shaft (13U185)
(0) Buckland Homestead (11S230)
[1]Neekerbreekers' Bog (11S249)
[1]Pelennor Flat (11S254)
[2] Mithlond (18U136)
[2]Barazinbar (11S229)
[3] Starkhorn (12U193)
[3]Moria Guardroom (11S247)

Fellowship (33)
2x *Ring of Fury (9R+7)
1x *Ring of Guile (9R8)
1x *Ring of Retribution (9R9)
2x *Scroll of Isildur (9R36)
1x *Dain Ironfoot, King Under the Mountain (14R1)
2x *Durin III, Dwarven Lord (9R+3)
1x *Gimli, Opinionated Guide (19P2)
1x *Gloin, Son of Groin (15R6)
2x *Thrarin, Smith of Erebor (12U15)
2x Blood Runs Chill (8R3)
3x No Pauses, No Spills (12R10)
2x Out of Darkness (7C11)
2x Sharp Defense (12U13)
1x *Arod, Rohirrim Steed (13R1)
2x *Gimli's Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon (7R9)
2x Armor of Khazad (17U1)
3x Axe of Khazad-dum (11U3)
1x Belt of Erebor (12U2)
2x Dwarven Bracers (12U5)

Shadow (33)
4x Forced March (13R108)
1x Ghastly Host (7R179)
4x Lingering Shadow (12U166)
1x They Feel The Precious (15U183)
2x Unforgiving Depths (13C120)
2x *Ulaire Cantea, Faster Than Winds (7R211)
3x *Ulaire Enquea, Duplicitous Lieutenant (17R140)
2x *Ulaire Lemenya, Servant of the Shadow (13U183)
4x *Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders (11S222)
2x *Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman (19P38)
4x Black Land Observer (15C101)
4x Orkish Lackey (17C80)

It is all about Lingering Shadow, Enquea and Mithlond. Enquea normally doesn't do his thing too often, to make it work we need people to move again. That is where Forced March is for. It is a combo intensive deck, and therefor a fundeck....but if it works: wow!
The fellowship is there to support your shadow's evil plan. Draw like crazy, get rid of what you don't need and try to make your shadow work....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 07:21:59 AM by Gil-Estel »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

October 26, 2008, 09:54:10 AM
Reply #1

King89

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
  • your master.
    • nine-walkers 2.0 german
Re: burden insanity......
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:54:10 AM »
hey GE....

this deck looks really funny but if i were you, i would prefer a fellowship with a bit site-path control to make the shadow more deadly --> add smeagol?! ;)
you might also think about adding 1-2 hatred stirred as a well-working argument against condition discard; two more dark horseman would help to win skirmishes

December 30, 2009, 03:21:12 AM
Reply #2

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 03:21:12 AM »
I just played a game with this deck, and wow, did I add 8 burdens at once. For the inexperienced players I will run it down in more detail.

I start with Isildur, Gimli and Gloin. Why those starters? Isildur is a very versatile ringbearer. He is strong and he can endure some things. He is pretty high on resistance with scroll and if you don't face corruption you could use Scroll of Isildur to play those rings back you need. Ring of Guile to grab an event, Ring of Fury to heal.
Gimli is there to draw cards.That is the most important element. Cycle as much as you can.
Gloin is there for the same purpose, cycle as much as you can. They are not your standard Dwarves, they are pure as a support for the shadow. Make not too much twilight and transfer wounds in to threats and threats in to threats. So before people really start dying hard, you could be able to survive. Just move once per turn, and try to built up the pressure on the opponent's fellowship.

How is that to be done? Well, there are, as mentioned, a few keycards.

Enquea: the main goal of him is of course to add burdens. Force the fellowship to move to Mithlond when they are wounded and see the burdens to pile up.
He is also nice to remove some keyconditions when necessary.

Lingering Shadow: well, obvious. Wounded + heal = burden. Mithlond makes sure your opponent heals, it is not an option. So even more burdens are added.

But how to make sure the fellowship moves again? Forced March! This card is essential. Make sure you have another condition out and discard it to make the fellowship move again. You need to have Enquea out, or a few lingering shadows. The more the merrier of course. It doubles the effectiveness.

Other cards?

Freeps:

Ring of Fury = heal
Ring of Guile = events back
Scroll of Isildur = resistance or rings back
Out of Darkness = card drawing
Sharp Defense= very strong dwarves!
Armor of Khazed = wounds are threats, threats stay threats!

Shadow

Ghastly Host = possible extra nazgul
They feel the precious = try to keep Enquea alive
Unforgiving Depths = free of charge, extra condition to be discarded in the case of Forced March, extra condition for Lackey, and possibility to swap mithlond back in your adventure deck.
Cantea = possible threatadder, and keypossession killer
Lemenya = potential shadow Namarie killer
Nelya = obvious :D
Blackland Observer = an Orc and he adds threats, what not to like?
Orkish Lackey = spread some wounds to those who are unwouded and bear a Lingering Shadow.

So there you have it, a fun deck, that can hurt a lot. This very morning I played a game vs a Troll Swarm deck, survived till site 5 a number of 7 trolls, 2x keyward, once with relentless warg.
At site 5 I forced him to march. Durin, Dain and the man from Lake Town had a Lingering shadow. 5 companions had a wound, some more than 1. Mithlond appeared, but this sanctuary became his doom. 8 burdens added instantly!

..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 01, 2010, 05:59:08 AM
Reply #3

TWR42

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 05:59:08 AM »
wow, this seems to be really cool, I like it even better than my Sense of Obligation deck, 'cause this is all built around site :) I've allways wanted to build deck around some site, but never actually made myself to come up with something
Ash nazg durbatuluk,
ash nazg gimbatul.
Ash nazg thrakatuluk,
agh burzum-ishi krimpatul!