LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ideas for a Hobbit league  (Read 2775 times)

October 26, 2016, 03:30:39 AM
Read 2775 times

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Ideas for a Hobbit league
« on: October 26, 2016, 03:30:39 AM »
I propose a way for the Hobbit sealed league. I want to be as close as possible to the end of a draft. Hobbit cards are initially done for a draft game.

In LOTR Sealed leagues, the player chooses a main deck (among 2 decks) and opens 3 boosters.
In Hobbit Sealed leagues, each player will start with the same main deck with a random starting (Bilbo and Gandalf) and will choose how their boosters are made.

During this explanation, I will use this running example:
Example: We suppose we play with the Swarm Pack 1 (Goblin Swarm+Spiders), the Beatdown Pack 1 (Trolls+Wargs+Gollum), the Bilbo Pack and the Wizard Pack.
http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Boosters.html

Hobbit Sealed League:
Gemp shows: "New Items - Hobbit Sealed":
[Booster] [Main Deck] [random Bilbo] [random Gandalf]

• When the player clicks on the main deck:
    "New Items - Hobbit Sealed":
    Gemp shows all the cards from the main deck (68 cards = 29 Free Peoples cards + 30 Shadow cards + 9 sites).
    http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Main_deck.html

• When the player clicks on the booster:
    Gemp asks: "Which Shadow do you want to use?"
    [ Goblin Swarm ] [ Spiders ] [ Trolls ] [ Wargs ] [ Gollum ]

The player clicks on one Shadow and gemp takes randomly 60%-80% of that Shadow (with minimum one copy of each card, except for the Nazguls):
    - 12-16 cards for a Shadow with 20 cards
    - 8-12 cards for a Shadow with 15 cards
    - 6-8 cards for a Shadow with 10 cards

Example: if we chose Wargs, we might have:
    [• Azog, The Defiler] [• Azog, The Defiler] [• Azog, The Defiler] [• Bolg, Son of Azog] [Threatening Warg] [War-Warg] [War-Warg] [Warg] [Warg] [Booster]

• When the player clicks on this new booster:
    Gemp asks then: "Choose X Shadow cards." (X=1 if you chose a Shadow with 20 cards, 2 for 15 and 3 for 10).
    Gemp shows all other available Shadow cards (except from the Shadow you chose).
    You pick X cards. For each chosen card, gemp adds a random number between 1 and the maximum number of copies of this card.

Example: we chose Wargs, gemp shows then this:
    [• The Great Goblin] [Goblin Runner] [Goblin Sneak] [Goblin Scimitar] [Goblin Swarms] [Great Goblin's Power]  
    [• Crazy Cob] [• Lazy Lob] [Old Tomnoddy] [Fat Spider] [Wicked Spider] [Spider Nest]
    [• Bert] [• Tom] [• William] [Troll Knife] [• Troll Campfire]
    [• Gollum, Small Slimy Creature] [Better Than Nothing] [If He Loses]  
    [• Riddles in the Dark] [• Caught In A Sack]  
    [Savage Warg] [• Enchanted River]

If we chose Savage Warg and Goblin Scimitar, we might have:
    [Savage Warg] [Savage Warg] [Goblin Scimitar] [Goblin Scimitar] [Goblin Scimitar] [Goblin Scimitar] [Booster]

Gemp asks then: "Choose a Supplementary Pack."
    The player clicks on one Supplementary Pack and gemp takes randomly between 7 to 9 cards of Free Peoples cards from that Pack.

Example: gemp shows:
    [Bilbo Pack] [Radagast Pack]
    If we chose the Radagast Pack, we might have:
    [• Radagast] [• Radagast] [• Radagast] [• Beorn] [• Gwaihir] [• Gwaihir] [Eagles Are Coming] [Booster]

Gemp shows the Free Peoples cards from the other Supplementary Pack and asks: "Choose a card."
    Gemp adds a random number between 1 and the maximum number of copies of this card.

Example: we didn't took the Bilbo Pack, gemp shows:
    [• Old Thrush] [• Burglar's Contract] [An Acorn from Beorn's house] [Barrels] [Skillful negociator] [An Invisible Ring]

If we chose Old Thrush, we might have:
    [• Old Thrush] [• Old Thrush] [• Old Thrush] [Booster]

Gemp asks then: "Choose 3 cards."
    The player chooses 3 events among the 10 Free Peoples events:

[Take up arms. Fight!] [A Wizard Is Never Late]   [He gives me courage] [Dawn take you all!] [Noble Intentions]
    [Battle of Azanulbizar] [Ancestral Knowledge] [Battle Fury] [Lore of Imladris] [To Me ! O My Kinsfolk !]

For each chosen card, gemp adds a random number between 2 and 3 copies of this card.

Example: if we chose A Wizard Is Never Late, Ancestral Knowledge and Battle Fury, we might have:
    [A Wizard Is Never Late] [A Wizard Is Never Late] [A Wizard Is Never Late] [Ancestral Knowledge] [Ancestral Knowledge] [Battle Fury] [Battle Fury] [Booster]

Gemp asks then: "Choose 4 sites."

The player chooses 4 sites among:
    - these 8 sites: [Bilbo's Kitchen] [Trollshaw Forest] [Rhudaur] [Wooded Steep Cliff] [Old Forest Road] [Lake Town] [Dale] [Ravenhill]
    - the 2 sites from the Supplementary Packs.

Example: gemp shows:
    [Bilbo's Kitchen] [Trollshaw Forest] [Rhudaur] [Wooded Steep Cliff] [Old Forest Road] [Lake Town] [Dale] [Ravenhill] [Underground Lake] [Beorn's House]
    We chose Trollshaw Forest, Wooded Steep Cliff, Lake Town and Underground Lake, then gemp shows: "New Items - Hobbit Sealed":
    [Trollshaw Forest] [Wooded Steep Cliff] [Lake Town] [Underground Lake]

At this point, the player have a main deck with Bilbo and Gandalf and between 27 and 45 additional cards. Since each player must have 45 additional cards, the card pool is filled up with the 7 not chosen Free Peoples events (with a maximum of 3 number of copies).

This way is one of the best way to properly use the Hobbit cards on gemp, I use many simulations of the draft to bring here the average number of cards each player should have at the end of a draft. Tell me what you think about it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:57:38 AM by -Enola- »
Hobbit Draft Game : http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr

October 26, 2016, 06:25:32 AM
Reply #1

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Ideas for a Hobbit league
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 06:25:32 AM »
Looks like a good idea. Let´s hope, that Phallen´s head will not explode during coding this on GEMP :)

October 26, 2016, 10:01:23 AM
Reply #2

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: Ideas for a Hobbit league
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
Sounds awesome! A little more strategic than a simple sealed league, but still plenty of chance. I look forward to playing!
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!