LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Boromir, The Older Brother (FOTR)  (Read 2150 times)

October 28, 2016, 04:04:02 AM
Read 2150 times

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Boromir, The Older Brother (FOTR)
« on: October 28, 2016, 04:04:02 AM »
Hi, despite fact, that I really like Southrons, I quite like the [Gondor] Men. So after a short thinking, new "lore like" Boromir was created.

[4] •Boromir, The Older Brother  [Gondor]
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Signet: Frodo
Companion • Man
While you can spot Merry and Pippin, Boromir´s twilight cost is -2.
When at the start of the skirmish phase is Boromir not assigned to the skirimish and another companion is, exert Boromir and a Ring-bearer.

October 30, 2016, 07:46:38 AM
Reply #1

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Boromir, The Older Brother (FOTR)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 07:46:38 AM »
Companion • Man
While you can spot Merry and Pippin, Boromir´s twilight cost is -2.
When at the start of the skirmish phase is Boromir not assigned to the skirimish and another companion is, exert Boromir and a Ring-bearer.

Interesting companion. The wording of the second line is a bit weird, I assume you're going for something like Sense of Obligation here, but you need to check the assignment phase for this, not the skirmish phases, otherwise Boromir can get multiple exertions in a single line of skirmishes for not fighting, which seems a bit harsh. It would also force the Free Peoples player to resolve Boromir's skirmish last, although that wouldn't really matter until lurkers were released. I would write it like this:

Companion • Man
While you can spot Merry and Pippin, Boromir's twilight cost is -2.
At the end of each assignment phase, if Boromir is not assigned to a skirmish and another companion is, exert Boromir and the Ring-bearer.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

October 30, 2016, 10:17:51 AM
Reply #2

Floydos

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Boromir, The Older Brother (FOTR)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 10:17:51 AM »
Thanks for the correction!! :)