LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Bilbo and Rohan Skirmishers  (Read 3227 times)

January 14, 2017, 03:21:13 PM
Read 3227 times

Deckhunter

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Bilbo and Rohan Skirmishers
« on: January 14, 2017, 03:21:13 PM »
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this site even though I've played on gemp for years.
This is the longer list of my current favorite free peoples deck, which I've paired with plenty of shadows.

Ring-bearer: Bilbo, Bearer of Things Burgled
Ring: The One Ring, The Great Ring

Adventure deck:
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Mithlond
Trollshaw Forest

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Smeagol, Simple Stoor
1x Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg
1x Éowyn, Northwoman
1x Armor
1x Coat of Mail
1x Flaming Brand
1x Brego
1x Erkenbrand's Horn
2x Rider's Bow
1x Rohirrim Helm
1x Rohirrim Mount
2x Rohirrim Shield
2x Spear of the Mark
1x Bill the Pony, Dearly-loved
4x Brace of Coneys
2x Golden Perch Ale
1x Orc Armor
4x Salt from the Shire
1x Sam's Pack
3x Sting, Elven Long Knife
1x Phial of Galadriel, The Light of Earendil
4x Something Slimy
2x The Faithful Stone
4x Consorting With Wizards
1x O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!
3x Prized Lagan
3x Sudden Fury
1x Pallando, Far-travelling One
4x Deagol, Fateful Finder
1x Faramir's Company
4x Rohan Stable Master
2x Rohan Worker
2x Rohirrim Doorwarden
1x Robin Smallburrow, Shirriff Cock-Robin

First off, don't bid anything at the start since this deck needs bilbo's meager starting resistance before it's set up. If you go second then play neekerbreeker and mithlond as sites two and three, but if you have to go first play trollshaw to get some good draws in.

On your first turn pull the horn using Gamling and then grab deagol, doorwarden, pallando, and Faramir's company. Try to pull out all your followers and possessions as quickly as possible with this deck. The goal is to make Bilbo and Eowyn into near unkillable skirmishers, they don't even have to win a single skirmish, just survive. Failing that, the kill order goes Smeagol, Gamling, and then Eowyn.

The main combo of this deck is consorting with wizards on Bilbo, and Eowyn, Northwoman absorbing the bigger minions. Prized lagan offers healing to Bilbo who will be removing threats added by faramir's company with sting, elven long knife.
Smeagol is mainly here to set up using deagol and something slimy, but can also become another powerful front line skirmisher later in the game.

I hope you all like this deck, and that I was coherent. Tweak the deck however you see fit, and my last piece of advice for this deck is don't be afraid to mulligan if you think you could get a better hand because that's usually true.

June 20, 2017, 03:47:32 PM
Reply #1

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Bilbo and Rohan Skirmishers
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 03:47:32 PM »
How has this gone so long without a comment? It looks like a lot of fun to play, and probably does quite well against a lot of strategies. Probably not that competitive as it does seem weak to Wormtongue, and 4 culture hate, but very original.
What do you pair it with? It looks like it cycles well, so could definitely form part of a shadow win strategy.

June 20, 2017, 07:06:18 PM
Reply #2

Deckhunter

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Bilbo and Rohan Skirmishers
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »
Thanks for the comment Legion, glad you enjoy it. There just hasn't been too much activity on these boards for a while, that's all.

And it is a lot of fun to play, and I've actually got it paired with about twenty different shadows at the very least. Grima is annoying to deal with cycle wise, but it is very hard to kill this deck since it can essentially just set up a solo Bilbo if everyone else dies, I mostly just tough it out when Grima shows up. Other than that though, the cycle and auto setup elements make it very reliable on the fellowship side and strong on the minion side.

As for specific shadows I've used, it's mostly been ork, moria, men, uruk, nazgul, and all sorts of strange hybrids which use some weird combo and just need the filter to even have a chance of working. Those are the most fun. In short, you can use virtually any shadow with this that you want to.