LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Fearless Garrison/Tentacles  (Read 3627 times)

January 16, 2017, 05:26:49 PM
Read 3627 times

Deckhunter

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Fearless Garrison/Tentacles
« on: January 16, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »
I just made this deck recently and so far, I like it. It has won four out of its six games, but both times it lost was to evil men with countless companies and (shudder) pavise.

Ring-bearer: Boromir, Bearer of Council
Ring: The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
starting:
1x Legolas, Fearless Marksman
1x Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg

Adventure deck:
Anduin Banks
Cavern Entrance
Ettenmoors
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Mithlond
Mere of Dead Faces
Dammed Gate-stream
Imladris
The Prancing Pony

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
2x Aragorn, Thorongil
2x Faramir, Captain of Ithilien
2x Halbarad, Ranger of the North
1x Bow of the Galadhrim
1x Elven Sword
2x Aragorn's Bow
3x Brego, Loyal Steed
1x Great Shield
1x Horn of Boromir, The Great Horn
3x Ithilien Blade
4x Ranger's Cloak
1x Coif
1x Erkenbrand's Horn
1x Rohirrim Shield
2x Ring of Barahir
2x Sapling of the White Tree
2x Scroll of Isildur
2x Throne of Minas Tirith
3x Lothlorien Guides
2x Hosts of the Last Alliance
4x Citadel of Minas Tirith
3x Hardy Garrison
3x Hearts Raised
2x Soldier's Cache
3x Stewards' Legacy
2x The Faithful Stone
2x Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer
2x Woodhall Elf, Exile
2x Elendil's Army
2x Faramir's Company

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Gollum, Plotting Deceiver
4x Grima, Wormtongue
4x Foul Tentacle
4x Goblin Runner
4x Huge Tentacle
4x Reaching Tentacle
4x Strong Tentacle
4x The Balrog, Demon of Might
4x Watcher in the Water, Many-Tentacled Creature
4x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
1x Captured by the Ring
4x Led Astray
4x Sudden Strike
2x Saruman's Power
4x Foul Things
4x Evil-smelling Fens
2x Final Strike
4x Dark Places

The shadow is just a larger version of the familiar tentacles deck with some splash, but the fellowship is the star of this deck.
on your first turn pull out the elven followers using erkenbrand's horn, and try to get prancing pony out as soon as you can to grab the gondor companion you think is best depending on your draw.
Once you have all your followers I would kill gamling, doth to both drop the culture and companion counts.

The basic strategy here is to draw cards using Woodhall Elf and then cycle like mad through your deck using Legolas, Fearless Marksman to lose initiative triggering hardy garrison.
The followers can exert and heal Boromir or Faramir depending on what you need out of stewards legacy. Brego and Aragorns Bow make a powerful pair to wound anything else you need while Halbarad can help heal and lose initiative. Any threats from Faramir's Company and Thorongil can be removed with hearts raised while it helps with cyclig at the same time (such a good card, I keep forgetting it's non unique).

Since this deck exerts like crazy it needs some hefty healing in the form of citadel of minas tirith and the ring of barahir. The only reason I have ithilien blade in this deck is for more exertions on Boromir , an emergency save from sauron or shelob, and as a strength boost. You only really need two: one on Boromir and the other an Halbarad to up his strength.

Well, I think you get the gist of the deck now. It does still need some tweaking, but I rather like it. See what you think, here's some replays.

First game, before some adjustments.
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=deckhunter$zf8ni5fnl3marh4y

The third game, where I almost didn't touch the main shadow, just the splash.
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=deckhunter$deqtx1o20wllf3hd

And the sixth game, where I lost (it was fun though).
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=deckhunter$o1ln6rfmpc37spi2
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:55:30 PM by Deckhunter »

January 17, 2017, 09:18:31 AM
Reply #1

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: Fearless Garrison/Tentacles
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:18:31 AM »
Quick note on strategy, I notice you keep playing Dinendal on Boromir when Gamling is exhausted. Wouldn't it make more sense to save the exertion and put it on Gamling? Otherwise, fun deck!

EDIT: I get it, Stewards Legacy. Nice combo!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:21:42 AM by Not a Zombie »
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

January 17, 2017, 11:01:20 AM
Reply #2

Deckhunter

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Fearless Garrison/Tentacles
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 11:01:20 AM »
Yeah, it works really well doing that and then healing using faramir's company. Same thing with elendil's army and halbarad. Two exertions on minions before they can act, and, if you're lucky, you set off hardy garrison to take a minion out and then draw with woodhall elf.
This deck is capable of some truly obscene amounts of wounding once it gets going.