LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: I Gotta Silly Question  (Read 2360 times)

March 16, 2017, 12:43:17 PM
Read 2360 times

ANGRY

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • ^This guy is actually Hamlet.
I Gotta Silly Question
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
Are all Tengwar cards foil? My collection isn't terribly large, and the few tengwars I have seen are foiled. Additionally, are tengwar cards less rare than the simple straight up foil ones?
"Alas, poor Yorrick. I knew him, Horatio."

March 16, 2017, 05:29:02 PM
Reply #1

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: I Gotta Silly Question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:29:02 PM »
The physical tengwar cards came in the anthology boxes. They were a way for Decipher to hand out their best cards, whilst not devaluing the original copies. Mine are not foiled, and I don't know of any that were.

The Tengwars on Gemp are given out as rewards for doing well in leagues (a show of skill, rather than the physical cards that were less valuable than the standard versions). You used to be able to foil them in the merchant, but that capability assists to have been lost.

March 16, 2017, 05:55:27 PM
Reply #2

ANGRY

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 05:55:27 PM »
Ah, cool! Interesting that you haven't seen any foiled ones physically. My brother has a copy of The Witch King, Captain of the Nine Riders that is Tengwar and foil. He got it out of a lot of cards on Ebay.

Pity you can't foil cards on gemp anymore, because apparently people still have them.

March 16, 2017, 08:26:34 PM
Reply #3

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 08:26:34 PM »
The War of the Ring Anthology came with Tengwar foils.  The first 3 anthologies came with Tengwar non-foils.  The value for the Anthology Tengwars is fairly low because they were fixed.

Sting Baggins Heirloom was a tournament prize, and it's not particularly valuable; the Tengwar was printed as 4R100 despite the card being 5R116.

Anduril Flame of the West is the only Tengwar card I've heard of being particularly valuable.  It was a reward for playing in enough tournaments or something like that.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

March 17, 2017, 07:24:50 AM
Reply #4

ANGRY

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 07:24:50 AM »
The War of the Ring Anthology came with Tengwar foils.  The first 3 anthologies came with Tengwar non-foils.  The value for the Anthology Tengwars is fairly low because they were fixed.

Sting Baggins Heirloom was a tournament prize, and it's not particularly valuable; the Tengwar was printed as 4R100 despite the card being 5R116.

Anduril Flame of the West is the only Tengwar card I've heard of being particularly valuable.  It was a reward for playing in enough tournaments or something like that.

It all makes sense now, thank you!