LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Realm of Dwarrowdelf OVERALL STRATEGY/COMARISON Thread  (Read 3904 times)

April 10, 2017, 09:06:06 AM
Read 3904 times

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Realm of Dwarrowdelf OVERALL STRATEGY/COMARISON Thread
« on: April 10, 2017, 09:06:06 AM »
As some of you are aware, I decided to make Realm of Dwarrowdelf decks for as many formats as possible (so far 6 formats). This thread serves as an overall comparison of statistics, different strategies, and links to the other threads.

DECKS (with brief description)

Realm of Dwarrowdelf FELLOWSHIP Mk 37
-Starting Greenleaf and Gimli, Son of Gloin, with Gandalf for condition removal. Rainbow Shadow. Surprise triple to 9 with Gift of Boats, Galadriel plays your Site 7, and sweet Shoulder to Shoulder action. 180 cards.

Realm of Dwarrowdelf TOWERS STANDARD Mk 10
-Starting Greenleaf and Gloin to pull Gimli, with Bilbo for condition removal. Rainbow Shadow is similar to Fellowship, with some Towers stuff thrown in. 200 cards.

Realm of Dwarrowdelf REVISED TOWERS STANDARD Mk 1
-Basically the Expanded version, with Towers sites chucked in. Haven't had an opportunity to try it out yet. 210 cards.

Realm of Dwarrowdelf MOVIE Mk 3 (Gandalf)
-Starts Greenleaf and Gimli, Feared Axeman, with Gandalf, Manager of Wizards for condition and possession removal. Great synergy with Gandalf.  Initiative Southrons and Corsairs for Shadow. 190 cards.

Realm of Dwarrowdelf MOVIE Mk 4 (Bilbo)
-Starts Greenleaf and Gimli, Feared Axeman, with Bilbo for condition removal. Great synergy with Bilbo. Initiative Southrons and Corsairs for Shadow. 190 cards.

Realm of Dwarrowdelf EXP Mk 9
-Starts Gimli as Ring-bearer, with Gandalf, Powerful Guide and Smeagol, Poor Creature for cycling and other tricks. Massive ability to mill and play things from discard. First format in which Smeagol is NOT expendable. Sudden Strike Shadow. 210 cards.

Realm of Dwarrowdelf OPEN Mk 1
-Basically the Expanded version, with some otherwise-bannned cards thrown in. Memories of Darkness is particularly dynamic in this format! 210 cards.

STATISTICS by FORMAT (win percentages)

Fellowship:                       41.6%
Towers Standard:             61.2%
Revised Towers Standard: n/a
Movie:                              78.9%
Expanded:                        75.3%
Open:                               66.7%

LINKS:

Fellowship: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,9323.15.html
Towers Standard: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,10137.0.html
Revised Towers Standard: N/A
Movie: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,10138.0.html
Expanded: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,10140.0.html
Open: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,10792.0.html
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:29:43 PM by sgtdraino »
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

April 10, 2017, 10:02:04 AM
Reply #1

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Re: Realm of Dwarrowdelf OVERALL STRATEGY/COMARISON Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 10:02:04 AM »
Do you have a favourite format to play it in? I find the 20% jumps in win % quite surprising.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

April 10, 2017, 01:31:59 PM
Reply #2

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Re: Realm of Dwarrowdelf OVERALL STRATEGY/COMARISON Thread
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 01:31:59 PM »
Do you have a favourite format to play it in?

My favorite format to play in, is probably the same as my favorite format period: Expanded, with Movie not too far behind. Those are also the formats in which the strategy is (probably) strongest.

Fellowship is definitely my least favorite, in general I find it to be boring and limited in terms of variety, by its very nature. There's also not really a good way to set up quickly in Fellowship, nor is there a good way to protect your conditions from being discarded. Towers Standard is somewhat similar, no way to protect conditions, no way to set up quickly. A lot of luck-of-the-draw. I enjoy Open, I just don't get to play it much. RTS I'd play, but I've never been fortunate enough to even get a table going for that.

I find the 20% jumps in win % quite surprising.

Movie and Expanded are a lot stronger than Fellowship or Towers Standard, by the very nature of what strategies are available. Harder to say why TS is doing 20% better than Fellowship, though. It may have more to do with the different meta in TS, than it does with differences in in the actual deck; different site path, different favored minion strategies, etc.

Of course, in TS you do get a site 1 that can pull Gimli, and you also have the cycling advantage of Smeagol, which you don't have in Fellowship. Maybe that accounts for it?
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir