LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Test of Time  (Read 2968 times)

May 01, 2017, 10:25:50 AM
Read 2968 times

Dan, The Man of Laketown

• Information Offline
  • Orc
The Test of Time
« on: May 01, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »
    First off, I am glad to see people are still participating in this community after many years! :) I believe this just shows the love people have had for this game and that it seems to have stood the test of time. I've been away from the lotr card game for sometime now, life gets in the way, good or bad, but now wanted to start back up again. Even though I have not participated much in the forum, I enjoyed reading what everyone posts. The forum is both helpful and pleasant. I have been playing the card game since its inception during Fellowship of the ring movie, although the last couple of years I would have been lucky to play a game in a single year. :(
    That being said, after all these years, what are still people's personal favorite decks of all time? Decks either award winning or not so much, nostalgic or otherwise, do you have the most fun playing? If you were to play or have time to still play what would you go with in the end? I put this in expanded because since playing from the beginning my choice would be to have options of most cards from each set made. ;)

May 01, 2017, 10:37:50 AM
Reply #1

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: The Test of Time
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 10:37:50 AM »
Personal favorite is still Fellowship-block archers & allies paired with Moria
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

May 01, 2017, 02:44:12 PM
Reply #2

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 02:44:12 PM »
Around the time of The Two Towers release (sets 1-4), I played a Trust Me As You Once Did deck with Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk and uruk trackers. That has to be my all time favorite by far.

May 02, 2017, 10:23:57 AM
Reply #3

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 10:23:57 AM »
dwarven Morcs in ref era... broken as f, but it got me 17th place in a PS, as well as a good spot in euros that same year.

May 12, 2017, 06:31:21 AM
Reply #4

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 06:31:21 AM »
Fellowship is still the most popular format, though I've never understood why. To me it feels very limiting. Same stuff over and over again.

Second most popular formats tend to be a toss-up between Expanded and Movie. I like both just fine, though Expanded is definitely my favorite format of the game. I feel like it's the most balanced, with also the greatest amount of variance in strategies.

My favorite decks tend to be ones that I feel like I came up with myself. My most favorite deck is my "Ultimate Madril" Expanded deck, which has garnered a certain amount of reputation around here.

My other favorites are my "Echo of Luthien" Movie deck, and the series of "Realm of Dwarrowdelf" decks I made for various formats, particularly Expanded and Movie. I think each of these decks has its own thread on these forums.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:50:05 AM by sgtdraino »
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir