LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Snapshot Rule  (Read 2531 times)

May 20, 2017, 01:38:08 PM
Read 2531 times

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
Snapshot Rule
« on: May 20, 2017, 01:38:08 PM »
Quote from Comprehensive Rules:
Some event cards affect only cards that are currently in play, even though their effects might seem to apply to cards played later in the same turn. These events take a "snapshot" of the current game state, and only those cards are affected.

Does this rule apply to Riddermark Soldier and Swear by the Precious? Because if you play 2 soldiers on gemp they both get the bonus. And if the Freeps player doubles after playing SbtP, newly played minions come into play with -2 strength.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

May 21, 2017, 08:04:03 AM
Reply #1

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Snapshot Rule
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 08:04:03 AM »
The rule should apply to both those cards. 

(Since there's no limit on Riddermark Soldier, the first one played should get both bonuses for a total of +4, and the second one will only get his own bonus of +2, right?)
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

May 21, 2017, 12:43:09 PM
Reply #2

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »
(Since there's no limit on Riddermark Soldier, the first one played should get both bonuses for a total of +4, and the second one will only get his own bonus of +2, right?)

I would have said so. I found it strange because I'm pretty sure Gemp follows the snapshot rule in other cases (I know it applies it to Deft in their Movements). The snapshot rule does say that it applies specifically to events, and Riddermark Soldier is a companion, but I'm not sure if that really matters. I certainly don't see why SbtP should affect new minions coming into play after it is played.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

May 21, 2017, 04:37:12 PM
Reply #3

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »
The snapshot rule only applies to events. It does not apply to other card types. Playing two Riddermark Soldiers will give every [Rohan] companion +4, even the second Soldier.

Swear by the Precious will only affect minions that are in play at the time it was played. Any minions played after the fact will have their normal strengths.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.