LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Smeagol as the Ringbearer  (Read 2328 times)

July 04, 2017, 03:52:44 AM
Read 2328 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Smeagol as the Ringbearer
« on: July 04, 2017, 03:52:44 AM »
Just wanted to say after reading other posts, that my questions and thoughts may not be in the appropiate location here on the forum. I am sorry as I am new here. If admin needs to move any of my posts please do so.

I was reading an old post on alternante ringbearers and saw what they were saying as far as Smeagol goes sometimes as a stand alone or with Faramir Son of Denethor. I have used Smeagol as the ringbearer with a full compliment of Ring bound rangers but never alone or just with Faramir. SO for those that know and have tried this what is the secret to it all? Obviously you would want to do this as a twlight chock deck and I love Faramir game text but what are the other cards you need to make this really happen?

You give him a Sword for 9 then maybe a range weapons for 10 and a good handful of cards can give him more vitality. What about Amor? The one that says unless his strength is triple or only takes one wound per skirmish What are other good cards on him? Do you use a boat load of Gondor pumps for Strength?

As far as Smeagol goes yes if things do get sticky with more minons I guess you can play two burdens and remove all minions but outside of his resistence of 7 and the ring that gives two more for 9 What other cards can be played on him to give even more resistence and or what cards can be used to remove burdens fairly quickly and easily. Bear in mind I do not have hardly any Smeagol cards at all, events, possessions etc. I know with his ability he would really not have to fight so that is good for his little strength. You do not want to put Sam in to remove burdens because that would start to take away your twlight chock deck by adding more people.

So anyway anybody that can help me with this as I would love to try it, please try and give me percise directions and cards needed to make this work. Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:22:58 AM by Larry5000 »

July 05, 2017, 11:19:39 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Smeagol as the Ringbearer
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:24:44 PM by ket_the_jet »

July 05, 2017, 01:54:07 PM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 01:54:07 PM »
Movie Block Solo Smeagol.

Here are
some
expanded builds.
-wtk

Thank you so much. I did notice that many cards are Smeagol cards of which I have hardly nothing. Do you know if somebody put together a deck with Smeagol and Faramir SoD?

July 05, 2017, 03:18:22 PM
Reply #3

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 03:18:22 PM »
Thank you so much. I did notice that many cards are Smeagol cards of which I have hardly nothing. Do you know if somebody put together a deck with Smeagol and Faramir SoD?

The idea is mostly to have an insnely strong Smeagol. The problem is with two companions that Smeagol will fight a lot and since he is the RB he needs massive protection. Faramir is usually a meat shield to catch some nasty minions.

July 05, 2017, 03:47:30 PM
Reply #4

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 03:47:30 PM »

The idea is mostly to have an insnely strong Smeagol. The problem is with two companions that Smeagol will fight a lot and since he is the RB he needs massive protection. Faramir is usually a meat shield to catch some nasty minions.

I was thinking a lot of pump cards to help Faramir win, especially if you make him Defender + 1 but with that said I thought Smeagol's claim to fame was using the second half of his game text to just remove the minions in the first place and of course if done allot have ways to remove burdens fairly quickly.