LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Gandalf culture weapons  (Read 2077 times)

July 04, 2017, 04:11:31 AM
Read 2077 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Gandalf culture weapons
« on: July 04, 2017, 04:11:31 AM »
Just wanted to say after reading other posts, that my questions and thoughts may not be in the appropiate location here on the forum. I am sorry as I am new here. If admin needs to move any of my posts please do so.

I may just be rattling on for the sake of talking here but I would like to see what other think on this. In the Gandalf Culture there is no weapons for Gandalf men really and in a way not really any for Radagast either except for the one staff, but that is not the same as a good old sword for +2. Do any of you hate that they never really made any good weapons for Gandalf culture people? Some of those men are low strength to begin with 4 and 6 and nothing really to give them any more strength except cards like Stern Words.

Now I know some of you might tell me about the Beorning Axe which is mostly good for Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain but can work on other men you just do not get the great game text of the axe without Grimbeorn. My problem with this is I came in late in the getting cards to play great games and really never got any of the latter sets at all. While I do have Grimbeorn himself I do not have the axe and cannot afford the Axe with the more then outrageous prices they are asking for it If anybody knows where I can get one at a more then reasonable price please let me know.

Anyway back to the thought at hand what have others done as a work around to not being able to boost strength in some of the Gandalf Culture men or even Radagast himself.. Everything is geared toward Gandalf himself. Could they not have made at least one generic Sword for the men to help them out? Everybody's thoughts are welcome on this.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:22:11 AM by Larry5000 »

July 04, 2017, 02:28:49 PM
Reply #1

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Gandalf culture weapons
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 02:28:49 PM »
Possessions aren't hugely useful in Expanded where many shadows will discard them (Corsair Marauder, Ulaire Cantea, FTW, Mumak Rider etc). It's best to not need to rely on them to be strong. Gandalf men have great support cards in Last Stand, great followers and a decent pump in Guidance of the Istari, so use them instead.

Here's a deck I made that was pretty successful with the men. I believe Orophoin has taken it to new levels, however, by starting Gamling, Aldred, Eomer, Forthwith Banished and Smeagol, Slippery Sneak to pull all 5 Gandalf followers plus Deagol and Last Stand with Something Slimy, then kills off all 4 of those starting companions. It was paired with a Raider Shadow.

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,9072.0.html
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:34:57 PM by Legion »

July 04, 2017, 05:46:01 PM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Gandalf culture weapons
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
Possessions aren't hugely useful in Expanded where many shadows will discard them (Corsair Marauder, Ulaire Cantea, FTW, Mumak Rider etc). It's best to not need to rely on them to be strong. Gandalf men have great support cards in Last Stand, great followers and a decent pump in Guidance of the Istari, so use them instead.

Here's a deck I made that was pretty successful with the men. I believe Orophoin has taken it to new levels, however, by starting Gamling, Aldred, Eomer, Forthwith Banished and Smeagol, Slippery Sneak to pull all 5 Gandalf followers plus Deagol and Last Stand with Something Slimy, then kills off all 4 of those starting companions. It was paired with a Raider Shadow.

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,9072.0.html

I have looked this deck over and it is very impressive, there are a few cards that I do not have and would have to get.  The one on the free people's side I will never be able to obtain now is the Beorning Axe. I did not get much in the way of latter sets and now the asking price of the Beorning Axe is more then outrageous. Unless some kind person would bestow on me one that is very reasonable I will never have that at all. Anyway maybe I can do a modified deck of what you have.