LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Coldy Still and Ferny  (Read 11562 times)

November 21, 2008, 02:19:35 AM
Reply #15

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
Re: Coldy Still and Ferny
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 02:19:35 AM »
I mean do all the exerting in the fierce skirmish. 4 exertions plus 1 Driven from the Plains should mean an extra damage +7, so a total of damage +8 in the fierce skirmish... so they either die or take tons of burdens.

This is of course the ideal situation. Threats means Beast of War can come from discard, CC plays Pavise back and Coldly Still makes him big. I think a fierce Ferny is more of a threat, as most people use Thorongil who can shut down Ferny easily.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

November 21, 2008, 03:09:08 AM
Reply #16

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 03:09:08 AM »
Ok...obvious....Nice to pull off, when possible. Is Treachery an option in your deck, to make sure Thorongil or other companions don't do their stuff?
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

December 11, 2008, 02:35:34 PM
Reply #17

Beyo

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 02:35:34 PM »
I still dont understand this whole Ferny deck concept. I am trying now to build such deck ( the hardest thing was to collect 3x Ferny) but I dont have any chance to buy cards for site control pumping so I decided to do something with stragglers or esterlings. Could someone clear me a bit this concept?

Speaking about stragglers I dont see many options because any Courageous/Last Days combo is useless because every minion played will be fierce so no chance for Ferny to find minion unassigned to pump by tokens.
So how Courageous easterling can help Ferny?

Saruman, Coldly Still is not bad option IMO..remember good weapons: Henchman's Dagger is for free, War Trident may help vs alternate RB's but the best of the best is Grima's dagger - instead of constantly pumping ferny we may work on denying FP events:
Ferny with dagger assings to RB,
FP Player plays event
We discard dagger to cancel it
in next turn saruman bring grima's dagger back on ferny.
Vs Gondorian RB it is even better because we may bring from discard Long Battle Bow - exert RB for free :P

Of course Saruman may fight always first and loose skirmish and got wounds but then Ferny can pump by stragglers.

So I would be gratefull if you help me to build such variant of deck.

January 05, 2009, 09:01:52 AM
Reply #18

Gil-Galad

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
Really good Deck. But what do you do against Smeagol always helps + Don't look at them or Eowyn Lady of Ithilien. I think they kill your Easterling before he can discard himself....
Want to play LOTR TCG again? Try http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/
It's perfect!

January 06, 2009, 01:14:55 PM
Reply #19

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »
First version isn't standard legal.

Second version is a bit imprecise. You can still assign wounds elsewhere.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan