LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: King Standard Rohan/Rout  (Read 2892 times)

July 14, 2017, 07:56:11 AM
Read 2892 times

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
King Standard Rohan/Rout
« on: July 14, 2017, 07:56:11 AM »
One of my favorite cards is Under the Watching Eye. I just love the flavor of the card. Sauron is watching...your quest gets more and more painful the further you continue. [Sauron] was the original grind Shadow with Orc Bowmen and Hate, but in the Two Towers, cards like Desert Lord and Whirling Strike introduced a new style of grinding down an opponent's fellowship.

Return of the King's Rout seemed to merge the flavor I liked from Under the Watching Eye with the power and strategies of the [Raider] culture. I have repeatedly tried to make the card work. And the Return of the King introduced threats--the perfect grind companion!

In Movie Block, it is easier to pull off with Corsair War Galley, but in King Standard (sets 1-7), it is largely limited to getting tokens on Harsh Tongues or, sometimes, Southron Chieftain.

The problem with these decks is that they are condition heavy and have several spotting requirements (including Rout and Southron Chieftain). With that in mind, I need to pair the deck with a sturdy Fellowship that can filter cards quickly; Rohan does the trick.

Starting:
Frodo, Courteous Halfling with The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles
Elite Rider*
Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark

Fellowship (34):
Theoden, Leader of Spears
Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
Hrethel, Rider of Rohan
Legolas, Greenleaf
Sam, Son of Hamfast
Merry, Swordthain x3

Leowyn
Deor

Sting, Baggins Heirloom
Firefoot
Brego
Snowmane
Eomer's Spear
Eowyn's Sword
Herugrim
Rider's Spear x2
Merry's Sword x2

Fortress Never Fallen
Arrow-Slits
We Left None Alive
Thundering Host x3
With Strength to Fight

Simbelmyne x4

Shadow (34):
Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul x2
Southron Chieftain x3
Southron Assassin x2
Southron Traveler x2
Southron Invaders
Suzerain of Harad
Desert Sneak x4
Desert Runner x4
Desert Scout x3

Rout x3
Bold Men and Grim

Fierce in Despair
Hosts Still Unfought x3
Whirling Strike x2
Red Wrath x2

Sites:
Edoras Hall
Rohirrim Camp
Hall of the Kings
Pelennor Plain
City Gates
Minas Tirith Fourth Circle
Osgiliath Crossing
Cross Roads
Dagorlad

This is not an elite deck. But there hasn't been a lot posted to the boards recently, so why not?

You'll notice that I entirely skip Harsh Tongues, instead opting for Hosts Still Unfought. The extra twilight can be utilized with Red Wrath, Whirling Strike, or a surprise Fierce in Despair. I currently don't run Mumak but am not averse to including them (though the minions aren't winning many skirmishes).

Best,
-wtk