LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Direct Wounding Deck Idea  (Read 4702 times)

July 15, 2017, 02:35:57 AM
Read 4702 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Direct Wounding Deck Idea
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:35:57 AM »
In the last few days I have been giving thought to a direct wounding deck, now this may have been done before but has some of you know by now I am a late comer to this forum. I do not have all the cards I would like at this point but I am working on getting them. I have given no thought at all to my Minions but my Fellowship will probably consist of:
Frodo (not sure which one yet)
Boromir LoG
Aragorn Strider
Legolas Greenleaf
Gimli Skilled Defender
and maybe
Gandalf (not sure which one yet, if I do)

Frodo of course is a given
My thoughts on Boromir LoG was because he is one of the best for starting out with his built in protection I would couple him with his Sword the Blade of Gondor, for his direct wounding of Urks and Orcs thanks to his sword.
Aragorn Strider for really the most obvious reason of his 1 twilight to Boromir's 3 for the 4 total. Couple him with his Bow, Aragorn's Bow as that really does most of the direct wounding so it really does not matter to much on which Aragorn you use.
Legolas Greenleaf for his text of Direct Wounding
and as far as Gimli goes the best I could find in my opinion was Skilled Defender. Him doing some direct wounding to help his friends out if he wins his skirmish.
Couple both Legolas and Gimli with at least two cards I just found out about yesterday I believe. Quick As May Be combined with Baruk Khazad.
And then maybe Gandalf coupled with another card I just found out about Terrible and Evil. Of course Gandalf other uses could be to help heal with Have Patience

Now the problem I face is that I will not have multiple copies of Aragorn's Bow or the Blade of Gondor, so does anybody know of any cards in particular Gondor cards I suppose that allow getting possessions out of your draw deck? I know the one for Rohan, but that is strictly for Rohan. I would be in hopes that there could be at least one that I could run 4 copies of?

If I played Boromir Proud and Noble Man later on, (not in my starting fellowship) I could then get his blade on him quickly but as mentioned above I think it might be best to start with him. Open to other's thoughts on this whole deck ideal.

July 15, 2017, 07:05:43 AM
Reply #1

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
Re: Direct Wounding Deck Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 07:05:43 AM »
Direct wounding is a fun tactic to eliminate tough minions (either killing them or putting enough wounds on them to prevent exertion abilities).  That being said, there are situations where direct wounding will not be enough and your characters will need to survive or win skirmishes.

Using 4 different cultures is tough because most pump/support cards will only work for 1 character, and they become dead cards if that character dies.  I'd try to focus on one or two cultures that offer direct wounding.

Stay away from 6 companions, unless you're planning to kill one off before playing another.  Most shadows run cards like Shotgun Enquea to stop large fellowships.

Are you limiting yourself to 1 Aragorn's Bow and Blade of Gondor due to cost?
  Because http://www.ccgobsession.com/lordoftherings.php has them fairly cheap (disclaimer: I've never bought from them, so I don't know what their customer service is like.)

Some cards worth considering:
Bow of the Galadhrim
Orophin, Lorien Bowman
Rumil, Elven Protector

I'll come back and post more cards later, but those were the ones that immediately came to mind.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

July 15, 2017, 01:32:26 PM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Re: Direct Wounding Deck Idea
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 01:32:26 PM »
Air Power thank you for the link to that card store. I have never ordered from them either. Well I suppose it could have been money on only running 1 copy of Aragorn's Bow and Boromir's Sword. I did not see any of Aragorn's bow at that site but did see a copy of Boromir's Sword so we will see what happens there.

Would love to see more cards you can think of, and I do agree with you on getting to many cultures so maybe I will rethink this a little. In any case still interested to know if there are cards out there mainly in the Gondor culture that do let you pull possessions out of your draw deck.