LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Looking for Elf card  (Read 5607 times)

July 30, 2017, 11:56:45 PM
Read 5607 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Looking for Elf card
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:56:45 PM »
Hello I was looking for an elf card dealing with Archery, I believe the game text had something to do with: The archery total is + 2 for each character discarded from hand or something like that. I remember seeing it from a link in one of these posts, but can not remember which one. Any help would be appreciated. I will keep looking  and maybe I will find it before I get a reply back, but thank you in advance for taking the time to let me know what it might be.

July 31, 2017, 12:51:56 AM
Reply #1

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Looking for Elf card
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:51:56 AM »
If you are looking fo a card dealing with archerey check the wiki first.

Well the Article
http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/archery_phase
will not help you but if you are a little creative look at
http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/ranged

sroll down to:
Cards That Support Archers and Archery Fire and you have got your answer
I guess you mean Taking the High Ground
similar cards are Elven Marksmanship or Mirkwood Bowman
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:58:46 AM by Enabran »

July 31, 2017, 12:58:37 AM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 12:58:37 AM »
I found the card, yes it was called Taking the High Ground For each [Elven] character you exert when playing this, its twilight cost is -1) Archery: Discard an [Elven] character from hand to make the fellowship archery total +1. Each time the fellowship moves from an underground site, return your Elf to your hand.

I assume you can discard more then one character per archery phase if you would like to have even more archery?

The 2nd part confuses me tho. Assuming I do move from an underground site what elf do I return to my hand? Any elf I may have on the table in play or one that I discarded from my hand to help bring up the archery total?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:01:59 AM by Larry5000 »

July 31, 2017, 01:18:00 AM
Reply #3

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 01:18:00 AM »
Answer to Question 1 is yes

return to hand:
When an effect returns a card to a player's hand, that card must come from in play. Exception: Events can be returned to hand, even though they are never in play. The Elf you return to your hand with Taking the High Ground must come from in play, and can't come from your discard pile or anywhere else.

July 31, 2017, 01:51:42 AM
Reply #4

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 01:51:42 AM »
Answer to Question 1 is yes

return to hand:
When an effect returns a card to a player's hand, that card must come from in play. Exception: Events can be returned to hand, even though they are never in play. The Elf you return to your hand with Taking the High Ground must come from in play, and can't come from your discard pile or anywhere else.

Thank you so much I was reading another post talking about it and a statement was made "Pull Taking the High Ground. Use your characters to kill during the archery phase. All the Undergrounds bring them back."
So it had me confused in the sense that the characters I would be using are (for lack of better words) Garbage characters or regular cheap characters I would not normally play with. Stack my hand with 4 copies of this character or that character who might be basically meaningless and use them for the + 1s to build archery up.  
But I guess it has to be elves I am playing with that will go back in my hand, I will just have to replay them back on the table next turn to use them again.

I guess that begs the question can an elf being returned to my hand be an ally Elf or does it have to be a Companion Elf?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:54:54 AM by Larry5000 »

July 31, 2017, 02:46:32 AM
Reply #5

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 02:46:32 AM »
I guess that begs the question can an elf being returned to my hand be an ally Elf or does it have to be a Companion Elf?

You asked this kind of question before in this thread: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,11067.0.html

Elf includes allies. Compare with Break the Charge.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

July 31, 2017, 09:08:09 AM
Reply #6

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

You asked this kind of question before in this thread: http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,11067.0.html

Elf includes allies. Compare with Break the Charge.

Yes I guess I did, had forgot.