LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Vilya Ring  (Read 4334 times)

August 02, 2017, 04:09:26 AM
Read 4334 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
The Vilya Ring
« on: August 02, 2017, 04:09:26 AM »
I really never paid that much attention to the Vilya Ring that can only be played on Elrond. The game text says to spot a shadow condition to return that condition to its owner's hand. Would that include some of the more nasty Nazgul conditions that get played on you like Blade Tip and Black Breath, asking more so after the fact when it is already played on you, not as much when it is still on you're opponent side but either way.

I like that it is a maneuver action, although it would have been cooler as a response action I guess. Also like the fact that this ring does not get discarded after use so it can stick around and be reused.

August 02, 2017, 04:27:01 AM
Reply #1

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: The Vilya Ring
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 04:27:01 AM »
Yup, Shadow condition means Shadow condition.

If you'd like to see some of these cards in action, the online play at http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/ has automatic rule enforcement* and you can see how cards are played first-hand. You'll have access to all the cards, and there's a chat there as well to get faster responses than here on the forums.

*Before someone else swoops in, I'll note that Gemp is 99.999% right, but has a few (usually minor and not often seen) issues.

August 02, 2017, 04:39:46 AM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 04:39:46 AM »
Yup, Shadow condition means Shadow condition.

If you'd like to see some of these cards in action, the online play at http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/ has automatic rule enforcement* and you can see how cards are played first-hand. You'll have access to all the cards, and there's a chat there as well to get faster responses than here on the forums.

*Before someone else swoops in, I'll note that Gemp is 99.999% right, but has a few (usually minor and not often seen) issues.

OK thank you. I have joined Gemp and brought a few cards with my opening gold for all that is worth, but have yet to put decks together and try and play with anybody.

August 02, 2017, 04:45:53 AM
Reply #3

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 04:45:53 AM »
Actually, you don't need to buy cards for casual games and the leagues that are currently played. Simply open the deck builder and start adding cards. There's a section at the bottom which will let you know if a deck isn't legal - if you've added 9 sites and it tells you that you haven't, simply add and remove a card and the deckbuilder will refresh. If you ever see me around, I'd be happy to play whichever format you prefer.

August 02, 2017, 04:59:37 AM
Reply #4

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 04:59:37 AM »
Actually, you don't need to buy cards for casual games and the leagues that are currently played. Simply open the deck builder and start adding cards. There's a section at the bottom which will let you know if a deck isn't legal - if you've added 9 sites and it tells you that you haven't, simply add and remove a card and the deckbuilder will refresh. If you ever see me around, I'd be happy to play whichever format you prefer.
OK thank you so very much. I would love to try it sometime but if I do I would ask for a ton of patience as I could be a bit slow responding trying to see how it works and understand it all. When I was in there about a week or so ago I did not see any games going on to even sit in on and watch.