LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The Saga of Elendil  (Read 2034 times)

August 04, 2017, 01:06:34 PM
Read 2034 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
The Saga of Elendil
« on: August 04, 2017, 01:06:34 PM »
I did a search but did not see this specific question

Being the Saga of Elendil is unique if you have 4 copies can they all be in play (on 4 different people of course) at the same time? I am thinking not, but am not sure.

August 04, 2017, 01:55:37 PM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: The Saga of Elendil
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 01:55:37 PM »
From the CRD:
unique
Many character, possession, artifact, and condition cards represent a thing that there is only one of. Such a card has a dot (•) before the card title and is unique. When a unique card is in play and currently active, you cannot play another card that has the same title.
You may have only one card with the card title of •Gandalf in play at one time. Other players may also have a card with the title of •Gandalf in play, but only one is allowed per player.
Two cards represent the same thing if they have the same card title (even if their subtitles or collector's info are different) or they have the same collector's info (even if their titles and subtitles are different). Two cards can have the same card title even if they are in different languages.
The cards Gandalf's Staff, Walking Stick and Gandalf's Staff (no subtitle) represent the same thing. You cannot play a card from your hand to replace another card in play, even if those cards have the same card title or represent the same personality.

Larry, please check out the Comprehensive Rules for the game. Every single question that you have asked can be answered there.

If you have more questions, please ask them in this brand new, personally curated thread. Bookmark it.
-wtk

August 04, 2017, 07:33:32 PM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 07:33:32 PM »
I had in fact read the rules, that is why I said I did not think you could. The reason I was unsure was a question was ask of the Dwarf Rings all being out at one time because of them being unique and the center area of the card all saying Artifact: Ring Even tho each ring was called something different. The answer was that yes all could be out as long as they were out on 4 different dwarfs.

Yes, it is obvious that the Saga of Elendil is the exact same card with no variation of other sub-titled names, so I probably should not have even asked.

Thank you for the new place for me to ask rules questions, although I will attempt to further read the rules more closely and not have to do that.

August 10, 2017, 11:09:54 PM
Reply #3

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 11:09:54 PM »
I had in fact read the rules,

read them again :-P

The reason I was unsure was a question was ask of the Dwarf Rings all being out at one time because of them being unique and the center area of the card all saying Artifact: Ring Even tho each ring was called something different. The answer was that yes all could be out as long as they were out on 4 different dwarfs.

You are mixing two different things: Item Class and Card Title.
All Dwarven Rings have different Card titeles, are unique, are Artifacts (not Conditions, so are another card Type and have other rules!) and have a Class of Ring.

Item Class:
Each character may bear one possession or artifact of each class at one time.
Some possessions and artifacts do not have a class. There is no limit to the number of cards without a class that a character may bear.

The Saga of Elendil is a Condition.
Conditions have no Class. You can have up to 4 copies in play. You can play up to 4 copies on the same companion. Thats where the Unique comes into play. If your card is unique you can have only one copy of your card in play at the same time.

so:
You can play 4 copies on Endurance of Dwarves on Gimli but only one copy of The Saga of Elendil on Isildur.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:54:42 PM by Enabran »