LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Larry5000 Questions  (Read 27430 times)

January 07, 2020, 08:09:12 AM
Reply #30

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Larry5000 Questions
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 08:09:12 AM »

Yes, by resolving any other skirmishes first, there will no longer be any other companions assigned to a skirmish

Cool, thanks.

January 07, 2020, 11:13:50 AM
Reply #31

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 11:13:50 AM »
In anybody's opinion What is the best Dwarf card(S) that can gain a good amount of tokens so that Aragorn DoFP can really benefit from it?
Stout and Strong feels like the most common option in Movie Block. There are other cards, like My Axe Is Notched (helpful if Gimli is your main fighter) and Suspended Palaces, too.

This thread might be the most active of any on the forums in years.
-wtk

January 07, 2020, 06:05:15 PM
Reply #32

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 06:05:15 PM »
In anybody's opinion What is the best Dwarf card(S) that can gain a good amount of tokens so that Aragorn DoFP can really benefit from it?
Stout and Strong feels like the most common option in Movie Block. There are other cards, like My Axe Is Notched (helpful if Gimli is your main fighter) and Suspended Palaces, too.

This thread might be the most active of any on the forums in years.
-wtk

Thanks Ket, is it probably do to the fact I ask a fair amount of questions and they all get answered all in the same area instead of separately like I use to do it.  Thank you for those card choices I will look them over.

January 07, 2020, 06:20:17 PM
Reply #33

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 06:20:17 PM »
Question on Stout and Strong: The later part of the game text says: Make an unbound companion strength +1 for each [Dwarven] token here (limit +3). Discard this condition. If my purpose for wanting the tokens on this card or others was to make use of Aragorn DoFP game text when it comes to the Dwarf part (Skirmish: Remove a [Dwarven] token to heal a Dwarf.); If that is all i am using it for and not its own game text can I just leave the card sit there and continue to build up the tokens and remove them as necessarily by Aragorn's game text.
Because they are both Skirmish plays, even tho I would not be using it for it own game text I did not know if it took effect anyway and I had to discard it regardless. Hope I explained it well?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:59:37 PM by Larry50001 »

January 07, 2020, 07:04:37 PM
Reply #34

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2020, 07:04:37 PM »
Speaking of Aragorn DoFP: His first game text (Skirmish: Remove an [Elven] token to make a minion skirmishing Aragorn strength -3.) can you do that more than once per turn, remove 2 tokens to make it -6.. 3 tokens to make it - 9 and so on?

January 07, 2020, 07:15:34 PM
Reply #35

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »
I just realized after all of this time that Citadel of the Stars is unique so I guess that means that I can only have just one copy of that Fortification out in my support area at any given time, until it goes onto a minion and then into the discard pile? Nice card for knight decks. I just got in after all of this time Fifth Level so I will be using some of those.

January 07, 2020, 07:56:22 PM
Reply #36

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 07:56:22 PM »
The Companion Anarion Works great especially if you can produce enough Vitality on him. All I can think of is Ranger's Cloak and The Saga of Elendil am I missing anything to give him even more vitality? Was just thinking of Ent Draught if you want to take the time to play an Ent in your deck.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:00:13 PM by Larry50001 »

January 07, 2020, 09:08:23 PM
Reply #37

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2020, 09:08:23 PM »
Question on Stout and Strong: The later part of the game text says: Make an unbound companion strength +1 for each [Dwarven] token here (limit +3). Discard this condition. If my purpose for wanting the tokens on this card or others was to make use of Aragorn DoFP game text when it comes to the Dwarf part (Skirmish: Remove a [Dwarven] token to heal a Dwarf.); If that is all i am using it for and not its own game text can I just leave the card sit there and continue to build up the tokens and remove them as necessarily by Aragorn's game text.

Yes, and you would be commended for doing so.

Speaking of Aragorn DoFP: His first game text (Skirmish: Remove an Elven token to make a minion skirmishing Aragorn strength -3.) can you do that more than once per turn, remove 2 tokens to make it -6.. 3 tokens to make it - 9 and so on?

Yes. DoFP is a beast.

January 07, 2020, 09:28:02 PM
Reply #38

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2020, 09:28:02 PM »

Yes, and you would be commended for doing so.

Speaking of Aragorn DoFP: His first game text (Skirmish: Remove an Elven token to make a minion skirmishing Aragorn strength -3.) can you do that more than once per turn, remove 2 tokens to make it -6.. 3 tokens to make it - 9 and so on?

Yes. DoFP is a beast.

Thank you for answering those particular questions for me.

January 07, 2020, 09:36:07 PM
Reply #39

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2020, 09:36:07 PM »
There are many Fortifications that do various things, some lower strength, while others do Vitality, some do both and some extend range to make a minion roam longer. What can some tell me are their best ones? I have been looking at fourth level as it totally exhaust a minion and once he is exhausted one more wound from any card that gives him a wound will then kill him completely?

January 07, 2020, 11:02:09 PM
Reply #40

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2020, 11:02:09 PM »
Sorry if this question was asked before. Anduril Flame of the West says: Bearer must be Aragorn. Discard any other weapon he bears. He is damage +1 and cannot bear other weapons.   Knife of the Galadhrim says: If bearer is Aragorn, he may bear this hand weapon in addition to 1 other hand weapon. So which card wins out and I suppose why?

Obviously it would be nice if Knife of the Galadhrim won out so that we could have Strength + 1 anyway and maybe for that matter Flaming Brand.  But if Anduril Flame of the West wins out I would just like to know why, maybe I am missing something obvious.

January 07, 2020, 11:54:13 PM
Reply #41

menace64

• The Late-Night Moderator
  • Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Global Mod
  • Bruce Campbell is my father.
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 11:54:13 PM »
I can only answer intuitively (ie: without a source) when I say that Anduril's text wins, since the only way to satisfy both weapons is by only bearing Anduril. Someone else will be along to verify my answer, but I'd like to share a bit of an ancient anecdote your question brought to my mind. This was right after Mines of Moria released as Dwarves started coming into their own. The rules question of my local playing group was whether a companion could bear 3+ copies of Hand Axe at the same time. For a while we were playing its text cumulatively, leading to outrageous Dwarves with 4x Endurance of Dwarves, 4x Hand Axe, and a Dwarven Axe on top because from a certain point of view the whole thing made sense.

Durin's Bane never stood a chance.

January 08, 2020, 12:14:51 AM
Reply #42

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2020, 12:14:51 AM »
I can only answer intuitively (ie: without a source) when I say that Anduril's text wins, since the only way to satisfy both weapons is by only bearing Anduril. Someone else will be along to verify my answer, but I'd like to share a bit of an ancient anecdote your question brought to my mind. This was right after Mines of Moria released as Dwarves started coming into their own. The rules question of my local playing group was whether a companion could bear 3+ copies of Hand Axe at the same time. For a while we were playing its text cumulatively, leading to outrageous Dwarves with 4x Endurance of Dwarves, 4x Hand Axe, and a Dwarven Axe on top because from a certain point of view the whole thing made sense.

Durin's Bane never stood a chance.
Interesting I suppose about the hand axe thinking that the first one was borne from having the main Axe and then the second one was Borne from the first hand axe and the third one was borne from the second hand axe if that was your thought pattern on that.  but with the strength of what the dwarves can muster using cards like Proud and Able and Honed, Durin's Bane or any other large creature for that matter don't really stand a chance ever. :-)  Will have to see what others say on my post as well, thank you.

January 08, 2020, 03:33:13 AM
Reply #43

Air Power

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2020, 03:33:13 AM »
Anduril Flame of the West "wins out".  Weapons like knife of the galadhrim and flaming brand create exceptions to the rule that a character can only bear 1 card of each class (1 hand weapon, 1 ranged weapon, 1 armor, etc).  The reason that Aragorn with AFotW can't bear other weapons isn't just that each class slot is full, it's that AFotW explicitly prevents him from bearing other weapons.  That's why he can't bear a ranged weapon, even though he has an open slot for one.
"If the world becomes pagan and perishes, the last man left alive would do well to quote the Iliad and die." -G.K. Chesterton, The Everlasting Man

January 08, 2020, 06:27:47 AM
Reply #44

Larry50001

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2020, 06:27:47 AM »
Anduril Flame of the West "wins out".  Weapons like knife of the galadhrim and flaming brand create exceptions to the rule that a character can only bear 1 card of each class (1 hand weapon, 1 ranged weapon, 1 armor, etc).  The reason that Aragorn with AFotW can't bear other weapons isn't just that each class slot is full, it's that AFotW explicitly prevents him from bearing other weapons.  That's why he can't bear a ranged weapon, even though he has an open slot for one.
Well ain't that a kick in the pants... oh well I was hoping Knife of the Galadhrim would have been an exception to the rule of Flame of the West lol. Thanks.