LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Gondor Wraiths  (Read 5521 times)

August 23, 2017, 10:34:20 AM
Read 5521 times

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
Gondor Wraiths
« on: August 23, 2017, 10:34:20 AM »
Just curious, is there any good threads in relationship to Gondor Wraiths? After all this time of really not doing much with them I want to put together a deck and wanted to see what others have done with them and their thoughts if any on the Enduring characters and so on. I tried to search different ways but got no results.

August 23, 2017, 11:23:16 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Gondor Wraiths
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 11:23:16 AM »
Larry, mate, I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you have a habit of asking other site members to do research for you.

I was going to link any number of the dozens of Wraith decks that have been posted to the site in various forums, but I have decided against it. I encourage you to utilize the search function before posting topics to ensure that the answer is not already in front of you.

This is a great resource, but a dying one. I am conflicted, because on one hand it is really nice to have new members keep the game going. On the other hand, the game is dead because all of these questions have been answered over the last decade and a half.

Best,
-wtk
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:25:04 AM by ket_the_jet »

August 23, 2017, 11:40:05 AM
Reply #2

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 11:40:05 AM »
I did use the search feature before I even posted the question.. I tried Gondor Wraiths, Gondor Wraith, Just Wraiths, I even spelled out certain names of Gondor Wraiths always came back no results found. When I typed in Oathbreaker King of the Dead the results, which were many, was all related to that card and others being for sale, nothing on using them in decks.

Maybe my computer is acting up, maybe I am just not putting in the correct wording. Can you please tell me how you would enter the information if you wanted to search this out. I will then put your wording in and see what I get.

Trust me I have been using the search feature way more often lately and most have come back with fair results.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:41:44 AM by Larry5000 »

August 23, 2017, 11:48:10 AM
Reply #3

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
I searched "Wraith" and set the search parameters to only contain Lothlorien and its thirteen subsections [though I know wraiths would not appear in Fellowship, Towers, or Towers Standard, for whatever that is worth].

Among my three pages of deck results are topics such as "Morgul Archers//Gondor Wraiths" and "Shards of Narsil Wraiths/ Easterling Corruption."

Keep in mind that by searching "Wraiths" I am leaving it open for several of these decks to feature [Wraith] Wraith cards. To search Cursed of Erech in the same parameterse (Lothlorien and the format subsections) returns twenty deck results.

My recommendation would be to choose a topic and then limit the searches to particular boards, rather than the whole site (where you are bound to get pages of trade lists).
-wtk

August 23, 2017, 12:11:34 PM
Reply #4

Larry5000

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 12:11:34 PM »
OK thank you so much I will try what you mentioned.

August 23, 2017, 01:27:00 PM
Reply #5

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 01:27:00 PM »
Another tip: even if you search only in Lothlorien + its subsections, by searching for "King of the Dead" but without quotation marks, the search vomits 7 pages with a total of 199 threads. Many of which don't even have a [Gondor] Wraith card (but instead contain cards with titles such as "King's Tent", "Hobbitses are Dead", "Gates of the Dead City", "City of the Dead"... even FOTR block's "Pillars of the Kings").

If you instead search in Lothlorien + subsections for "King of the Dead" with quotation marks, very different issue, you get only what you meant to get: 25 threads in only 1 page. Exactly like a Google search.

Hope this helps, I believe it's somewhat easy to miss. I forgot it a lot of times. ;)
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

August 23, 2017, 02:54:35 PM
Reply #6

Enabran

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 02:54:35 PM »
Try this:
use "Gondor Wraiths" in the search-box on the top of this page in THIS thread and then try to make the same thing on the mainpage and you will see something surprising :-)

It is better to use the search-option in the blue window (between help and profile)